Bush going down as the worst POTUS in history!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Nov 10, 2008.

1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Bush insignificant? I don't think so, there was nothing insignificant about Bush's presidency.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I cant wait to see what happens in Iraq when the US pulls out.

Its either Bush or Woodrow Wilson.

Wilson set up the federal reserve system, income tax, and got America into WWI unnecessarily.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Today we would not agree or accept what Jackson's decision on the Cherokee. But it was a different time, and not unpopular at the time. Jackson also had other strengths and accomplishments. He was not an utter incompetent and dunce as is Geroge II.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The movie W. was a complete waste of time one of the most boring movies I have ever seen. Time will not help nor be kind to Geroge II. He is a spoiled rich kid looking for something to define his life. The POTUS was just another toy for for him to gratify his never ending ego.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

It was not every boring to me at all, every 30 second I would bash my head against the seat in horror at how they could have elected this dumbass!

9. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Ouch! how long is the film? should I wear my motorcycle helmet to the cinema?

10. Zap Facts > Opinions Registered Senior Member

Nixon was worse, so was Lincoln, Clinton, Reagan, Harding, and Grant - to name a few. I am willing, however, to simply lump them all, unranked, as the collective Worst.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

2hr+, I would bring a gag to muffle your screams.

According to the historical ranking of presidents its way to early to rank Bush and his present rank is average. I think we may need to wait 60+ years before we can really accurately gauge him, eliminate all bias.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_United_States_Presidents

12. camilus the villain with x-ray glasses Registered Senior Member

I dont think Wilson was that bad, atleast not in Bush Jr.'s league.

Anyways, the only thing Bush can hope for is for Obama to fuck up worse than him, otherwise, he's historically fucked when it comes to Presidential comparisons.

13. jpappl Valued Senior Member

"Ouch! how long is the film? should I wear my motorcycle helmet to the cinema?"

LOL !! and the answer is yes.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

maybe we should have a poll? My guess is the USA arms a strongman, a Sunni and the Sunni then control Iraq thourhg fear and intimidation, AlSader will probably have his head on a pole by day #2 - pretty much like it was before we came. Oh, then to diver all attention there will be another Iraq-Iran war and the USA economy will suddenly start to go upwards.. go figure.

Do that sound too cynical?
    M

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

16. superstring01 Moderator

Oh. And I forgot, the worst president of all, IMHO, who rolled back reconstruction and was probably the worst racist in US history. He was rightly impeached, but made it by the skin of his dick. His malicious efforts in the aftermath of the Civil War allowed the south to roll backwards and effectively shut the small window of opportunity for real progress: Andrew Johnson. He obstructed the Congress and effectively set in cement the racial policies of the south for a hundred years.

~String

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Closer than Grant, but still - not famous for corruption, did not launch wars (showed restraint in use of power when helping evict the French from Mexico) accomplished significant deeds (bought Alaska).

W is still a uniquely well-rounded misery in office.

18. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

no bush was pretty good, espicially in binlids opinion so i would think...

19. Balerion Banned Banned

...care to elaborate on how Abraham Lincoln, who is widely accepted as perhaps our greatest president ever, is one of the worst ever in your opinion? And Clinton, for that matter?

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Historically challenged I see,

Though I do agree with you about Lincoln being one of the greats.

21. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Joe, what do you mean by going?

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Will history remember his presidency as a failed presidency? I think so. He likes to think of himself as a Harry Truman who was unpopular in his time. And in later years, some historicans moved Truman up a few notches on the worst scale. I don't think that is going to happen to W. and I don't think Truman deserved to raised either. I think Truman was a bad president but not as bad as Geroge II. Truman may have been a pussy, but he was not a dunce!

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Two more months left of the George II administration and frankly they continue to show that they are not about to mess up their perfect record of failure. Paulson spoke today and it came across that he really did not know what he was doing...market down 400+ points.