Both Muslim AND Christian?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by sandy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Wrong.

Not ALL Christians believe in the Trinity - the Bible says NOTHING about the Trinity.
    You don't own Jesus or his words.

1.) Have you ever read the Quran?
    2.) Do you want me to start quoting the Old Testament?

You also seem to find it impossible to be anything BUT what you are and not be evil and damned.
    What you think, therefore, is irrelevant in any topic of discssion about any religion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

That's funny, because you mention him often, and say quite a bit about what God is and is not.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

At the same time, I always say that I cannot describe him. I always say he is incognoscible.
    When I speak of God, I keep saying that is my personal opinion, and that I may believe something else someday. I´m not closed to posibilities.

I´ve never described God, please quote me when saying stuff like that. That way I can tell you what I meant by my statement.

So far, my thoughts haven´t changed much since I started posting in this site. But I have learned about myself much, so I like it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sandy Banned Banned

The most difficult thing about the Christian concept of the Trinity is that there is no way to adequately explain it. The Trinity is a concept that is impossible for any human being to fully understand, let alone explain. God is infinitely greater than we are, therefore we should not expect to be able to fully understand Him. The Bible teaches that the Father is God, that Jesus is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also teaches that there is only one God. Though we can understand some facts about the relationship of the different persons of the Trinity to one another, ultimately, it is incomprehensible to the human mind. However, this does not mean it is not true or not based on the teachings of the Bible.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Trinity-Bible.html

And I'm not responding to any more posts that contain personal attacks. Grow up already.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I agree with the holly trinity concept. But I interpret it a little different:

The Father is the creator, God, right? so far so good.
    The Sons are each and every one of us...
    The Holly Spirit is all life...

Something like that

9. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

So it can't just be that the bible contradicts itself? :shrug:

10. VitalOne Banned Banned

What's so complex about the trinity? The Holy Spirit, is the holy ghost within you, the Father who is greater than all is the one in heaven, the Son is the one the Father sent, equal to the Father, they are all one because the truth is only one...

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

By this definition then Baha'i are Muslims.

They just needed another Prophet/Adam to undue the corruption of Mohammad's message - as per usual.

I don't see anything wrong with being Muslim and Xian. In my mind it's all made up fairy floss anyway so really anyone can make up anything.

See here: Jesus was God and died on the X for our salvation but the Bible was corrupted and so God/Jesus sent Mohammad ... but his message was similarly corrupted and so God sent S.A.M

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Done.

Thus, new religion: Samlamity

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The trinity is a doctrine of orthodox Christianity, invented during the council of Nicea in the 2nd century. Christianity is not just what the orthodox say it is. People that consider Jesus to be a prophet can also be considered Christian. And, as has been said, it's all made up anyway from similar source material from the same part of the world.

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the burdon of proff one the one who first makes the accusation or conjecture after i here some evidence as to why they are diffrent i shall glady provide evidence to how they are the same

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

its not a personal attack to point out the flaws in someone reasoning or logic quit being so toucky

15. Adstar Valued Senior Member

16. Adstar Valued Senior Member

So a false christian declares herself to be a Christian and a muslim and a bunch of false muslims declare they have no problem with it.

It is totally against the teachings of the quran that Jesus was crucified and then after 3 days came back to life. In a true muslim country if a muslim was to say such a thing they would wind up dead as many muslims who have converted to Christianity have been murdered in the islamic world.

How naive are people to think that a true Christian could be a true muslim also. It is like saying a Virgin can also be a whore.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

17. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Pretty well said. The trinity is just a name for a concept that is unexplainable to the human mind but through faith we trust in God and believe it to be true.

Oh and don't expect them to be decent and noble people here with any sense of the right way to discuss things. Many of them think being an arrogant foul-mouthed slandering pig is cool and a sign of strength.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

A virgen can be considered a whore if your refering to how the word whore is used in regarding common usage

19. obviously a confused person, though you can be a christian muslim, one who has submitted to Christ or a muslim christian, a muslim who has submitted to Christ

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

As a person of the book, she is welcome to pray with Muslims even if she is a Christian, if she so wants. In fact, I am pretty certain that anyone who wanted to pray with Muslims even if they were not Muslims would not be denied. I have visited plenty of temples and churches in my life (including the National Cathedral in Washington, a most beautiful church)

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

islam as a whole welcomes people of other religions to come to mosqes to learn about it

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I find it rather amusing that Muslims do not find it so offensive to be called Christian, as they love and adore Jesus (peace be to him). Yet the many of the Christians think being called a Muslim is a horrible thing. Not all Christians however feel this way, but many conservatives definately do.

What might be the cause of such a drift of opinion, perhaps Muslims' knowledge of Christianity as compared to Christians' knowledge of Islam?

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I've never been asked my credentials in any church or temple either. In fact my best friend was a Christian and it was she who told me that I should not take communion since it is against my religion.