Bong Water Ruled Illegal Drug

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Orleander, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

I tried weed, and the experience taught me one important thing about life:

I am not one of those kinds of people who enjoy doing drugs.

The effects of methamphetamine abuse, though, ain't pretty.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

i loathe marijuana in most any form (except certain varieties of hashish), i don't touch alcohol, i've never touched meth, but i may or may not be a narcotics addict (dependent would be the preferred term because if i were, it would be as a matter of choice as a more viable means of controlling ultradian bipolar and not further exacerbating a seizure disorder).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

really? Bong water being ruled an illegal drug is not about bong water? What is it about then?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Way? Alcohol is actually not bad as a drug. The only reason I don't like it is that I am not comfortable in situations in which my judgement is abnormally impaired. It also makes me feel kind of like I'm drowning in vinegar-flavored candle wax, but I think the main thing is that I don't enjoy being off my guard.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what a compleatly stupid ruling (and law) on so many counts

Firstly bong water is discusting, not even a compleate stoner would drink it.

Secondly do legislators even THINK about the actual implications of the laws they put in place?

To go onto a slight off the thread topic in order to prove that this isnt only an issue in the US there was a bill under debate in SA for vollentry euthanaisa today and i called the MP's office who was putting it forward because he had teamed up with another MP whos bill i had done an assesment of as part of one of my subjects. Now the IDEA about VE is one i suport 100% but the stupid way this other MP had written his bill would have had the implication of removing all rights to refuse medical treatment by ANYONE without a) being terminally ill and b) the consent of the registra. Compleate stupidity because he decided to add 2 words to the definition of VE

Anyway back onto this topic the relivance of my of topic rant is the law of unintended conquenses. Ie if penilties increase simply by gross weight rather than the weight of the drug themselves that means that a) a low level drug dealer ends up commiting the same or greater crime than the high level because though s\he handles less of the actual DRUG the volume of packing will end up being equivlant to what the high level is actually handling in pure form.

The second implication steming from the first is that you will actually see an increase in deaths from OD because of this. Ie if im a dealer and i am worried about the penelties which could be aplied i just cut my portion size and dont put any filler in it and make the adict do it themselves. Then they either a) dont cut it consistantly or b) dont cut it at ALL

A good example of this is the standed drink used in Achole measurements. For beer its 357mls where as for wine its 110 (i think) mls. Why? because the achole content of wine is higher. This means that the actual gram weight of Achole between the 2 drinks is aprox the same (slight variances do occure because of higher or lower percentages across beers and wines). I THINK the actual weight of achole is 10 grams but not sure on that. Now what this is arguing is that insted of looking at the amount of drug as is the case with achole, you just look at the gross weight which includes the powerded sugar or whatever else is used in filling. You want to lower the sentance you just drop the filler down and there for you end up with drug adicts taking ALOT more than they should be

9. John99 Banned Banned

did you read the article asguard?

10. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

actually, i don't drink for pretty much the same reasons that you don't. moreover, i'm "off my guard" enough already because of epilepsy and alcohol can considerably lower one's seizure threshold.

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

it's about money honey, and a subsequent loss of civil liberty. nothing about the "war on drugs" makes logical sense, but a lot of people are on the payroll, and the property seized, and money, and drugs that are put back on the street for a profit so they can do it all over again tomorrow, are making a lot of people very wealthy.

12. John99 Banned Banned

actually people addicted want illegal drugs harder to get or not accessible at all. that is after they are heavily into the addiction. it is also a fact that hard drugs are illegal in every country...if there are progarams for addicts where they can get the drug it is still not legalizing the sale because it is controlled by the government and even then the number is VERY small.