blown mind

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by beenjammin2lp, Nov 24, 2004.

1. beenjammin2lp Registered Member

this past week, my mind has been strained trying to answer certain questions that are the result of deep thinking...was there anything before i was born? will there be anything after i die(not cease to exist, but die)? nothing exists untill i know about it/ see it/ hear about it...therefore i control it ...but i cannot control what i dont know about...(leading me in one big circle)it is impossible for there NOT to be other forms of life out there(in the universe), beacause in the infiniteness of the universe, there has to be...there cant not be....hmmm...what is outside the universe? does it exist?(outside the universe) what is it made of?when will it exist? why is the universe expanding(and what my physics teacher says is that it is not going to eventually stop...and get smaller)...maybe it is...and time will start going backward....hmmm...this is wierd...must...have....answers...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. top mosker Ariloulaleelay Registered Senior Member

The answer is:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe, eh?

This is very interesting, how ya feel right now, beenjammin. I'll write more of a response next morning. *Yawn* I'm really tired.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why worry about those things when you have many other things to ponder like what to eat, where to go, who to date, what car to buy and many other things that take up everyday life. We all think about those things from time to time but they cannot be answered easily or factualy in many instances and therefore become a closed loop or rhetorical question that you'll always be trying to decide what answeres are the right ones. The best thing to do is just keep on keeping on until those answeres come to you.

8. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Will there be a sound if a tree falls and no one is near to hear it? (Well obviously no, as the falling tree will only create vibrations or sound pressure that would need the equivalent of an ear to interprete as sound... well you get my point.)

9. Nuttyfish Guest

my mind is hurting...

10. SG-N Registered Senior Member

Shit, I said 21 so I was wrong...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You wre only half way wrong for 21 plus 21 equalls 42....maybe you're a half-wit!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

My maths room is 21...coincidence?

13. Nuttyfish Guest

no it's not, it's 20, stupid

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

15. beenjammin2lp Registered Member

oh...well i was thinking the collective answer would have been "brown"...but i guess 21 works too

16. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

ok, here is how I see it.
    1. everything will exist after you die, because the universe is not intrinsic to you.
    2. time will probably not run backwards, for the thermodynamic arrow of time will still point the same way (due to entropy). However time may be an illusion.
    3. "it is impossible for there NOT to be" its not impossible, only improbable.
    4. "infiniteness of the universe" I personally don’t think the universe is infinite, I think it is a shape (like the surface of a sphere) so that you can go around it forever but it has no edge. moreover, in my opinion there is nothing outside our universe (not even nothingness), anything beyond our dimensions is undefined and thus does not exist. (like asking how much water is in a cup that does not exist). Furthermore, anything defined is technically part of our universe because the universe is defined as “everything”.

Hopefully that will give your mind something to chew on.

17. beenjammin2lp Registered Member

but....ok....ummm
    1. it is based on me, im the only one who is certain that i exist...do you know what im sayin'? im the only person who knows i exist....i can see the world through somone else...i donmt know if anybody else really exists or not bec ause i have not experienced their life...
    2. ok
    3. alright
    4. well, if you were to tie a poiece of string to the earth...and left...and went throught the universe (by your theory, you would eventually run into earth again...would it be the same one? what would be the impact of time on the 2nd earth and you... would the string be attached to both earths? that would mean the string is infinite...which is impossible...im confused again...must...have...more...answers

18. Roman Banned Banned

The legal meaning of life is 21 in the US.
    18 elsewhere.

19. -Bob- Insipid Fool Registered Senior Member

This looks like the work of a drinking-binge to me.

Or maybe a lot of time to yourself.

20. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

"Something else an academic education will do for you. If you go along with it with any considerable distance, it'll begin to give you an idea what size mind you have. What it'll fit and, maybe, what it won't. After a while, you'll have an idea what kind of thoughts your particular size mind should be waring. For one thing, it may save you an extraoridinary amount of time trying on ideas that don't suit you, aren't becoming to you. You'll begin to know your true measurements and dress your mind accordingly." -Mr. Antolini, The Catcher in the Rye.

Basically, you may find that your mind cannot quite grasp the question and its answer yet. Or, you may have to accept skepticism, like i have. That is, that we can't know anything. I guarantee you, you will never be able to know the answer to this question, or any question for that matter... but its fun stuff to think about, isn't it?

21. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I thought it was 84. Maybe I'm twice as smart!

22. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

1. like erock said, you cant know, for sure, anything. however I am pretty sure that I exist and other people exist so the universe is not dependant on any one person. as sure as there is a keyboard in front of me the universe is independent.

4. it would not be a different earth, it would be the same one. there would probably be no way to get around the universe before it(stuff/matter/antimatter) collapsed or something anyway. if you live on a 2D universe that is the surface of a 3d sphere all you would know is that you were going in a straight line, but you would come back to your starting location and have no idea how. that is my view of the universe. there is no way for us to visualize the xD "surface" we live on, but if we went in a straight line we would come back to the start. I have no idea if the universe is really so, but it is the only model in my mind that works, because the universe otherwise would have to have some arbitrary "barrier" or end to it. the universe(or at least the matter/antimatter in it) is simply spreading/expanding "around" this "surface".

dat be the way i sees it.

23. vslayer Registered Senior Member

ok, for those of you guessing random numbers, me and some friends did complex equations nad came up with this to explain everything in the universe:

17^chicken x (triangle/3) +3^17 - chicken^llama

its much easier to understand with the working in front of you, the less accurate version is: 17