Blood Drinking Lizards

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by lixluke, Jun 6, 2006.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh? You don't think so?

^^

'Gecko' Geoff
    He Who Sticks to Walls

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Aha! Caught you out in your...hmm...well, I suppose I didn't catch you out in anything.

Carry on in your futile labours, human insect.

Geoff

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Human insect??
    I have a vague suspicion you're not taking this seriously.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Insectoids, reptilians, it's behavior that makes these ideas believable. Groups of humans get ideologies going that make them feel that it is right for them to parasitize others in order to survive. Even burning a village, sewing their fields with salt, and destroying all of their worldly goods reduces competition for scarce resources. The human population of the Western hemisphere in Biblical times was large and well-armed, which meant that a small population of ignatzes who had no jobs and no prospects couldn't make much headway anywhere in the world.

Now, you have to admire their ambition, but the story of this group is of a group that went around plundering, raping, and burning, not necessarily in that order, in order to build some kind of eminence. Their eminence, their dominion, is largely psychological. All it takes is an obsessive, self-deluding mindset to convince yourself that you are favored by God so greatly that others begin to believe it too, particularly those who are not used to the more subtle forms of deception.

We identify such behavior with reptiles, with unsympathetic cold-blooded predators. It's not all that accurate. Natural predators have limits to their appetites. Parasites and rodents breed without limit and foul their own habitats. We think of it as a lack of empathy sometimes but the message is "We are going to breed without limit and without consideration for our neighbors. We are going to abuse the kindness of others to fill their lands with our kind and to shove them aside and starve them out."

On this kind of battlefield, those creeds and races that do this prevail over those who live more sensible lifestyles.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I take the absolute subjugation of your entire race for our breeding colonies with the greatest aplomb, human insect! Do you not know of the incredible power of our intergalactic, interdimensional empire? Do you? Hmm? Hmm? Hmmmm? I thought not!

But you will. Why, it's right for us to parasitize others in order to survive! Whether it's the slow takeover of your entire financial base or anally probing a quiet rural family, we have to get along with our environment, and that means you. We have extraordinarily obsessive mindsets that permit us to understand that we are favoured so greatly - be it by God, Nature or what have you - and our creed suggests that we will indeed take over your planet. There are no limits to our appetites and we each foul our own habitats twice daily, which fills our housekeepers with dismay.

By Zurgag the Magnificent, let it be so.

'Gator' Geoff

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Okay, you've talked me into it. Take me now!
    PS are you female? (i'm unsure of alien lizard naming conventions, must have slept through that class).

10. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

This is anthropomorphisation. Most predators could be seen as unsympathetic.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Well, yeah.

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I think some people have been reading a bit too much of Gene Wolfe's Book of the Short Sun.

13. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No no no. Gene Wolfe is a fiction writer, David Icke is factual :bugeye:
    Would the son of god lie to us?

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I think that the way that world leaders act lends a lot of credibility to the reptilian theory. It may not be physical fact but a mental manifestation of what people see in them.

15. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

David Icke was followed around by Jon Ronson when doing research for his book Them. At one point, Ronson was as stunned as Icke to discover that the ACLU was boycotting Icke because "reptiles" was "code" for "Jews". Ronson, who's Jewish, did not succeed in convincing them that as far as Icke was concerned, "Reptiles" was code for, well, 12-feet Reptilian aliens.

http://www.jonronson.com/phpBB2/index.php

16. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Yes I find it quite funny (sort of) that Icke is considered anti-semitic simply because of his contention that some family dynasties who happen to be Jewish are, in his "theory", actually reptiles. But no-one seems to have accused him of being anti-royalist (the Queen of England, apparently, is one of these reptiles)...
    Anti-semitic? Nope. Completely round the bend? Undoubtedly.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

One problem is that current history is just as crazy as David Icke's idea.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Dude - 'Geoff'.

I know we're different species and all, but c'mon.

I'll schedule you in for the preliminary anal probing, though. Are you allergic to violent electric shocks?

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Inasmuch as ALL history is a concatenation of several series of individually unlikely events, certainly.
    But at least we can point out some rationale and/ or sequence for why things are as they are, without needing to invent reptilian alien invaders from another dimension, the "fact" that we're living in the Matrix (that's one of his later ideas by the way - absolutely NO HINT WHATSOEVER of this in his earlier books, but once the film took off then out comes the Icke theory...), etc. etc.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The alternative is that there are certain of the ruling elite who need to be removed from power, desparately. Those who make reality indistinguishable from weird fiction cause a lot of damage.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Couldn't agree more strongly with the second sentence.

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

David Icke isn't so much crazy as he is reporting on the kind of reality that the current situation has forced him to see. I have personally met a lot of people who I cannot believe are quite human. Mentally they definitely are not a form of life that I can see as natural. This may come from their own fiction that they have kept in their own families, inspired by the Malleus Maleficarum and similar works, using the texts that are supposed to warn us as templates for the way that they treat other human beings. The demonic definitely exists in human minds. All that it has to be is a compelling fiction that becomes a way of life. They dress up and draw pictures to keep their programs within parameters, as fetishes, for their minds to focus on.

I can't prove it. I can only assume that physical manifestations are illusions. If they are, what brings on those illusions? Making people believe that they see something that isn't there is part of the method. Some of these people may be able to project images with their minds strongly enough for them to be seen by others who are sensitive. Sometimes doors to perceptions like that open for a short time then close again. The people who receive those perceptions often find that they never, ever want to see them again. More likely, simply because it's a lot easier and requires nothing special, the people who want to gaslight someone use tricks of light and shadow, a little bit of costuming here and there, a touch of makeup, and some psychological tricks. Hell, why do truckers perceive underage prostitutes as lizards? It's because their minds are cold, their bodies are cold, they wear reptilian colors and adornments, and they have just a little bit of a capacity to wrench someone's perceptions around. People like that give me more of a motivation than almost anything else to seek real reality and stay away from perversions. I am vulnerable and anything like that that gets its claws into me makes me physically ill. I only fuck within my own phylum for a very good reason. There's a reason why even truckdrivers aren't such great customers for those services. A man can't really feel like they're just in it for the money.

If it is all bluff, if it is all just smoke and mirrors, it is still just as dangerous if not more. Modern methods let them hide in plain sight because it is provable using science that there is no such thing as reptilians. Then those whose hearts and minds tell them that they are dealing with the demonic, since it has been proven that there is no such thing, no alien DNA involved, no strange magic, no Atlantean technology, why they must be crazy. The myths work really well to hide the fact that there are people who are born psychopaths, will die psychopaths, and will badly damage society while they are alive, and that they are in power. At the same time we are stuck with them because they are like a language and a body of knowledge that, if decoded correctly, tell us the truth. Without them we might not have a clue. Either that, or we would be a lot better at getting bastards out of power. One day I feel one way, the next the other.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I still vote for crazy.