Black holes may not exist!

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by RJBeery, Jan 24, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

continued from my previous post......

Examples of the themes that we regularly encounter are:
    - "Einstein’s equations for gravity are incorrect";
    - "Einstein’s equivalence principle is incorrect or not correctly understood";
    - "Black holes do not exist";
    - "Einstein’s equations have no dynamical solutions";
    - "Gravitational waves do not exist";
    - "The Standard Model is wrong";
    - "Cosmic background radiation does not exist";
    and so on.

much much more at the same link

http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~hooft101/gravitating_misconceptions.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undefined Banned Banned

You can't imagine extrapolating przyk's SUPERSIZED BH scenario where the EH was so 'gentle' that the infalling observer would feel nothing untoward? Try extraolating that to a UNIVERSAL SIZED BH scenario where that 'gentleness' can almost be described as 'flat space'; and further extrapolate that any 'visible universe' content/process like that which we observe may exist at such a 'flat' space region EH of an unimaginable huge BH. That was all it involves. Your own extrapolation and imagination based on what przyk pointed out obtained in his example. Ok now?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undefined Banned Banned

You didn't even understand it, even though it involved nothing more than straightforward extrapolation from what przyk pointed out as referenced.

See my reply to origin above, then you might comprehend.

Your 'me too' tactics are now used to cover for your own incomprehension while cheerleading obvious trolls who didn't want to comprehend but went straight for the mindless derision button? Careful, paddo; you are doing more damage to mainstream and scientific integrity/comprehension than any other 'cranks' here. Step back from the ego and listen and understand from your own efforts rather than 'me too' following of trolls. Joining 'troll gangs' and 'name-dropping' and 'linking' and 'cut and pasting' without understanding is not debating science, paddo, it is you on ego trips. Look out you don't completely ruin your reputation in your flurry of inconsequential/misconstruing 'post count increasing' motivated posts cluttering up the threads/discussions. Good luck increasing your post count that trivial and unscientific way, paddo.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You mean like your present post?

8. Declan Lunny Registered Senior Member

Ah, yes, now I see what you were saying. My mistake not yours by the by.

I agree with you, the most likely event will be both the virtual particles falling in, so no net change with them and the in-falling real particle will do what we expect it to do. Make the BH more massive in the regular routine way that BH's grow (if anything about a BH could be considered routine.)

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Gerardus (Gerard) 't Hooft (Dutch: [ˌɣɪːrɑrt ət ˈɦoːft]; born July 5, 1946) is a Dutch theoretical physicist and professor at Utrecht University, the Netherlands. He shared the 1999 Nobel Prize in Physics with his thesis advisor Martinus J. G. Veltman "for elucidating the quantum structure of electroweak interactions".

His work concentrates on gauge theory, black holes, quantum gravity and fundamental aspects of quantum mechanics. His contributions to physics include a proof that gauge theories are renormalizable, dimensional regularization, and the holographic principle.

WIKI:

10. Undefined Banned Banned

Did you even TRY to stick to the science point outlined? Did you even TRY to understand it without having to wait for some 'troll' to tell you what to 'believe' and what to disparage without knowing what it is you are disparaging? How can a fellow Aussie carry on that way I cannot fathom. Good luck with that internet activity/interaction mode, mate. You'll need it.

11. Undefined Banned Banned

Thanks for your genuine scientific attitude and understanding, and debating courtesy, mate. Much appreciated, I assure you.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You are twisting things undefined...
    That's the point though...I certainly do not take too much notice of anti mainstream trolls, and those that claim to be the vessel of knowledge and with claims that mainstream SR/GR is wrong....
    Like you, I don't know them from a bar of soap, and like you, at times their contributing posts are just word salad.

I will keep mine short, simple, mostly mainstream, and most of all understandable.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Oh, and I refer you to the very valid Gerardus 't Hooft article just above.
    It certainly applies in this neck of the woods!

14. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

I think you misunderstood my post. An inertial (i.e. freefalling) observer near the event horizon of a large black hole wouldn't necessarily notice much there, simply because the tidal forces they'd experience can be arbitrarily weak there. If the observer fell into the black hole then of course they'd eventually die, but this could happen long after they crossed the event horizon if the black hole is massive enough.

For an observer maintaining a constant Schwarzschild radial distance just outside a black hole (or standing on the surface of a neutron star), the situation is very different: such an observer isn't inertial and would be experiencing a very large proper acceleration, which as you say would kill them very quickly.

15. Undefined Banned Banned

Learn to actually read what is written and try to discern the gems from the dross. Everything is 'word salad' to one who is prejudiced by some 'crank label' given by trolls. Read and understand and discern for yourself based ONLY on the merits/logics/and supporting scientific discussion presented. All else is just 'tarring everybody with same brush', either because the subtleties/complexities are beyond your facile understandings of the old orthodoxy, or because you wish to keep in with the 'troll gang' and just denounce what you don't understand and damn whether or not some new idea/perspective was actually original/correct based on the new science insights being gained by both mainstream and amateur scientists alike. Take care to differentiate between actual cranks and trolls, and genuine original thinkers/thoughts/ideas presenting here. Only then can you understand and assess which to discard and which to listen and learn from. I trust you will do the right thing by everyone as a first courtesy, and only refute via your own arguments and not troll and old 'information'.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not at all.....It's the anti mainstream brigade and the delusions of grandeur that some have, that think they can come to a science forum, claim to rewrite 100 years of physics, and expect all and sundry to sit on their hands and say Oooh, Aaaah!

When you get your stuff peer reviewed, then come back and tell me how and why.
    In the mean time? read a few of my reputable links.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You are not apparently listening or reading too well undefined.
    I told you yesterday, if anyone had anything worthwhile, they would not really be here.
    If you believe they would, you would believe in the reality of fairies.
    They would be getting it peer reviewed.
    But in general, the only view of the scientific method and peer review from those cranks are CONSPIRACY!!!!! or other such denigrating remarks.

18. Undefined Banned Banned

Yes yes, but practice discernment. You know, don't reject out of hand those that actually present interesting/valid questions/perspectives and supporting scientific arguments for same. Sure, you can reject and ignore those that do not do that. Good. Just be careful not to throw baby out with bathwater, hey mate? You might miss out on an 'a-ha-a!' moment and learning opportunity. That's all I'm saying.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I wish that is all you are saying......

20. Undefined Banned Banned

You come here to try and prove that opinion from your own 'contribution' and attitude. Meanwhile I and certain others have contributed to further scientific insight in those who actually bother to try and understand and see what CAN be originally contributed scientifically to the discourse in THIS and other good sites.

Just because you are making yourself irrelevant from your self-admitted agenda of: "No good can come from this site, so I won't let anyone get away with bringing some good to this site if I can help it! So I'll troll and attack willy nilly and spoil all the discussions!". Not a good attitude/opinion of the site you are a member of; nor is it a good look for any Aussie to offer to the world. Rethink your agenda and attitude, mate. Be positive not negative.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Funny thing just occurred to me undefined.....Here you are suggesting, I'm throwing the baby out with the bath water [or in other words, not considering that which maybe worthwhile considering], and in the other thread, you are telling me I'm dreaming and not being realistic suggesting that theoretically FTL is possible and should be researched.
    Is it just me, or do you smell some hypocritical irony in comparing the two?

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It's your agenda that needs questioning undefined, as I have just shown.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Just to clear up that twisted point you have tried to make...
    I'm at this site to answer questions when I can, and to learn from other reputable contributors.
    I enjoy speculative ideas, I encourage Innovation, I encourage Imagination...why I even partake in them myself.
    I do not though encourage or support any one with delusions of grandeur, coming here, saying they have rewritten a 100 years of physics and cosmology.

In other words just as I have said a dozen times.

And undefined, despite your accusations and claims about me, and what you think of me, both our conduct will be judged by our peers and moderators here.
    I'll stand by that,