Black Holes Feed On Quantum Foam, Says Cosmologist

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by cav755, Apr 2, 2014.

1. BlackHoley Banned Banned

Why...? Because you say so?

A field spreads out over space until something measures it, then the field becomes localized and a path is chosen for it. Before this, it must take every path possible. This sum over histories, is not a well made physics fable. It's a real known phenomenon.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I prefer space/time....
    And I see it as real...
    It can be twisted, curved, warped, and those topological shapes measured...Energy can be extracted [Casimir effect] and other energy of unknown origin or makeup we dub DE seems to also exist.
    Does that clear my position up/
    I argue here against the silly aether as Micholson/Morley were trying to detect without success, and the unknown weirdness of quantum, plus any measurable mass within space/time.
    Does that clear things up?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BlackHoley Banned Banned

You can only twist and curve and warp if the vacuum was physically-dynamical and the zero point energy forbids free space. Space is the presence of matter. And perhaps vice versa in relativity.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, it's quantum weirdness that no one understands.
    If you though have a alternative model, write a paper and get it peer reviewed. simple!

8. cav755 Banned Banned

"Double slit" experiments have been performed with C60 molecules, that's 60 interconnected atoms. All 60 atoms are not shuffling between the slits. That's absurd nonsense.

You can believe whatever nonsense you choose or you can understand in a double slit experiment the particle moves through and displaces the mass associated with empty space. You already understand mass is associated with empty space. You just now have to realize the notion of virtual particles, with mass, popping into and out of existence out of nothing is superfluous nonsense. Particles of matter move through and displace the mass of empty space.

Robert B. Laughlin describes space as a piece of window glass, "Subsequent studies with large particle accelerators have now led us to understand that space is more like a piece of window glass than ideal Newtonian emptiness."

If you want to understand what occurs physically in nature in a double slit experiment, causes gravity and relates general relativity and quantum mechanics then understand the following. If you don't then don't.

Aether has mass which is displaced by the particles of matter which exist in it and move through it.

Displaced aether pushing back and exerting inward pressure toward matter is gravity.

The state of displacement of the aether (otherwise known as curved spacetime) is gravity.

A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave. In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the aether passes through both.

What ripples when galaxy clusters collide is what waves in a double slit experiment; the aether.

Einstein's gravitational wave is de Broglie's wave of wave-particle duality; both are aether displacement waves.

Aether displaced by matter relates general relativity and quantum mechanics.

9. brucep Valued Senior Member

Quit trolling. Make some sense or put a cork in it. Quit whining about what you perceive as an insult to you. Tiresome juvenile bullshit.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm not denying that.
    I'm saying space/time has no measurable mass.
    I do see space/time as real.

11. BlackHoley Banned Banned

A bit of your probability is on the moon. You're just too large to see the quantum effects. This is why this world seems strange to you.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That's what he has previously been banned for.

13. BlackHoley Banned Banned

It's hard to quantify an exact energy in a region of space at this level. Energy is constantly being created and destroyed... apparently this does violate conservation.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

:roflmao:
    If the cap fits, wear it.

Goodbye dmoe

15. cav755 Banned Banned

A particle moves through and displaces the mass of empty space.

In a double slit experiment the particle travels through a single slit and the associated wave in the mass of empty space passes through both. This seems strange to you?

You are able to understand in a boat double slit experiment the boat travels through a single slit and the bow wave passes through both, correct? Or does that seem strange to you as well?

16. brucep Valued Senior Member

This goofball has been saying the same dumbshit stuff for as long as I've been posting in these science forums. He uses the same lame retorts for his science. LOL. Why he's allowed to continue this sock puppet is another question? The last incantation, gravitational _aether, threads were confined to the pseudoscience section of the forum. Apparently moderation feels he's improved his troll enough to warrant spewing nonsense in the science threads.

17. cav755 Banned Banned

You are able to understand in a boat double slit experiment the boat travels through a single slit and the bow wave passes through both, correct?

In a double slit experiment, the analogy is, the particle is the boat and the aether is the water. Just as the boat's bow wave is it's associated water displacement wave the moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave. Just as the boat travels through one slit while the bow wave passes through both, the particle travels through a single slit while the wave in the aether passes through both.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Nearly everything you are trying to convey is invalid.....

The aether as you present does not exist and was disproven long ago.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJfjRoxCbk

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_century_science/lectures/lec13.html

19. cav755 Banned Banned

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Is this true cav755?

21. brucep Valued Senior Member

Now who do you sound like? "Space is the presence of matter". "A field spreads out over space until something measures it, then the field becomes localized and a path is chosen for it." LOL.

22. BlackHoley Banned Banned

I don't know what your point is supposed to be, but I am not impressed with the way you replied to the OP, and I don't mean the trolling, but the bad physics.

If you had any concept of quantum theory, you would have known that there is no free space. And what... is your objection with my statement? The probability field spreads out over space, until a measurement is performed. Measurement means you have localized the field, as a point particle.

But I don't expect you to grasp any of that, since you don't seem to have a clue about quantum field theory.

23. cav755 Banned Banned

In a double slit experiment the particle does what particles do and travels through a single slit. The associated wave in the mass of empty space does what waves do and passes through both slits.