Biometric Chips

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by goofyfish, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I have a GPS, merridian marine. I've always naturally had the urge to stick it in peoples asses, now I know why. This is just cultural evolution, we're all 'for' it at heart.
    Admittedly this doesn't explain why I've always had the urge to stick lego, beer cans and grass in peoples asses. I'm sure the future will unveil natures will though.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

yes they could, all it takes is either GPS on the bus, or the information transmitted to the database with the checking to include the fact that the bus is stopped at such and such a stop. hey presto, its known that you boarded bus number 57 going to X.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

this is scary. just like in many cyberpunk stories. besides.. the last years I see more and more these cyberpunk fears come into reality. and I completely agree with Stryder on this subject. However my post would be useless if I just agreed with someone /smiles
    I actually have a question, but it more fits biology/human science forum, but what the hell!
    --
    these chips/transmitters, they emit low force radiation. wouldn't it be damaging for the cell structure of human body if such a radiation emitter affects our cells all life? wouln't it be a far greater risk of getting cancer or some other cell error illness? In a long run they could even damage human DNA, (mutations would happen, new illnesses appear etc)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Halcyon Guest

8. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Hi Halcyon,
    You might notice that the first link was a post made on April 1 of this year...

If you read the second link, you'll find that it discusses sharing data, not implanting RFIDs.

A search for more info turns up nothing except references to the Politech post.

My conclusion? It's an April Fools joke!

9. Halcyon Guest

Well, dammit, of course you're right. I was hoping for more responses and discussion before someone spoke up. That second link was supposed to be to an RFID weblog site that supported the story; I just got the location of the story mixed up in my bookmarks and posted the wrong one without double-checking. But you're right, yes it was an April fools joke, one that didn't get for enough coverage for my taste.

10. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

11. SilentFire Registered Member

Never!!! Though soccor moms and weary frantics will probably make the electronic chip a new fashion statement, I must say it's a bad bad bad idea! The government will never own me, and I will have my own head to give in to such filth.

12. YadaYada subspace being Registered Senior Member

I like the idea. With embedded biometric chips we'll finally be able to correct those misrepresentations in Masters & Johnson. Women won't have to wonder about their husbands any more either. Now they'll know for sure.