Big Bang or Big Goof?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by kaneda, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

For a few interactions nothing is measureable, but a billion, a trillion?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

It's not the number that matters, it's the principle that counts. A photon intercepted by an electron raises the electron's energy level by one. When the electron falls back to the ground state a photon is emitted that is identical to the one that was absorbed. No change in energy level OR wavelength.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Whatever dude. Everything's invalid if it contradicts your idea. I'm the same way. My way or the highway. I'm with you there.

Clearly I know nothng of wavelengths and protons err... atoms and shit.

Glass is special.

8. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Electrons do not have ultra-rigid paths around nucleii. What if it only releases just enough energy to drop below one level after originally taking more than enough energy to bump it up one level? How many times would this have to happen before it became noticeable?

9. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

superluminal. Photons travel from atom to atom in a glass without any problem other than slowing down because of this effect so light travels at 93,000 mps. Part of it is the crystalline structure of the glass on an atomic scale. It is not the same as any other material.

As to 10-100 atoms per cu M, we might as well say square metre since the depth will make no difference to photons passing through it. There is also the point that few single objects are on their own in interstellar space. If we measure a galaxy, we measure all the dust and gas inside it as well as it's halo of material, so much more stuff the photons must travel through.

It looks to me like you're the one who is saying my way or the highway. No problem. No one is forced to believe anything written here.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

I would like to say 'big goof,'' because how can ''something come from nothing,'' unless ''eveything was there to begin with?''

There is a current theory that the universe might have tunelled into existence, much like a retrocausal particle. Who knows but my graceful father in heaven>?

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

No one said anything about "paths" - we're talking about energy levels here, not imaginary roads or trails. And energy levels are very discrete, not just any sloppy value that YOU wish to assign them.

It must be very easy to be you - you just selectively ignore any scientific principle that you choose. And when someone mentions real facts, you simply claim "that came from a book" as if nothing heavily researched and written down is accurate.

12. Reiku Banned Banned

Energy can only move through paths, if we are tallking about levels...

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I don't follow. Are you saying that electron energy levels don't exist??

14. Reiku Banned Banned

No.

For an electron to move through spacetime, it need's to quantum leap into a new configuration.. The electron actually moves at near enough light speed, but follows jagged paths through space. For an electron to move into a new level, it must either:

1. Absorb a positive energy

2. Absorb a negative energy

The reason why, is because the electron is ''buffeted'' through spacetime because of these neative energies.

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That makes even less sense than before.

We're not talking about free electrons moving through spacetime, we're talking about photons flying about, striking an electron in an atom, which raises it's energy level, and another photon being emitted when the electron falls back to the ground state. (Nor does any such thing as "negative energy" even come into play.)

16. Reiku Banned Banned

Then i must not have read this correctly....

But, if you were to hit a photon and an electron, using an atom as a mediator, then this will release negative energy inside the atom, producing a value of: KeV 1022 x 2... I'll explain later... i have a lot to do...

17. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Check the internet or a text book and you get a set energy value for an electron. So how come they don't all occupy the same orbit around an atomic nucleus?

How discrete? How have we measured electrons inside an atom, orbiting a nucleus when there is still debate on what orbits they take?

As I said to you before, if your contribution to this board is just making sure that no one goes one millimetre beyond what is in text books, you are a total waste of time here. Utterly useless. Any idiot can check on the internet and quote what you quote. This is a board for debating and for speculation, something you clearly do not understand. Why don't you go waste someone else's time?

18. Reiku Banned Banned

Thank you for exlaining that... i needed to go out for a bit or two...

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Ah, yes - the loud-mouth who disbelieves something simply because it's been published in a textbook!

Your problem is that you cannot distinguish between established fact and your own fantasy - putting more faith in the latter. Poor deluded soul that you are.

And I repeat for about the hundredth time - speculation is fine. UNTIL it is presented as fact, as you and your silly partner do quite often.

20. blobrana Registered Senior Member

@Read-Only

Hum,
    the problem seems to stem from differing conclusions from different observations...

For example, are you aware that gravity is just a theory?
    Do you not think it is prudent to personally check every point on the earth to see that apples fall down, and not up?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's a good point.

There's obviously one very tiny region of Scotland
    where apples MUST fall upwards when released.

And speaking of observations, are you aware that Scotland has THE highest incidence of reported UFO sightings compared to the whole world?!? Seriously, that's a recorded fact.

I've always wondered why but now I know; they are after the superior knowledge that Rieku developed with the help of his friend, Kaneda. Between them, they've unlocked the secrets of the universe that are beyond the comprehension of those of us who went to college and read textbooks along the way.

22. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Read-Only. No one would ever call you Think-Only as you merely insult instead of answering points.

23. kaneda Actual Cynic Registered Senior Member

Before they dreamed up dark energy, there was talk of several different types of gravity operating in the universe of which two forces of gravity were repuslive rather than attractive. Some might think that these infallibly true scientists made it up as they go along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.