Best Horror Film ever made?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by alexb123, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Roman Banned Banned

Original Night of the Living Dead. Had an honesty to it that creeped me out, like watching a documentry. And the part where the zombies begin to eat those blackened corpses.... Truly a classic.

Exorcist. The girl spider-walking down the stairs. The sense of dread that emanated from her room, in an otherwise well-lit and clean place.

The Ring. That one really got to me. The combination of hideous visuals accompnied by screeching static, briefly flashed, hints of unspeakable abominations and a creature that haunts between worlds. A reporter that delves into bizarre deaths, spiralling into a world of madness and the supernatural.

Most Lovecraftian ghost story I have ever seen.

I ended up unpluggling all the TVs in my house.

The Birds. Maybe the scariest movie I have ever seen. Crows perched on a school's jungle gym, like ghouls, waiting for the children to come out and play.

I never thought you'd be a Resident Evil fan.

Those games scared the shit out of me, but I considered the games a bastardization of an otherwise incredible storyline.

Hitchcock's Pyscho started the slasher genre.
    Those movies are lame. There's nothing to them. It's all formula and cheap scares.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Mountainhare, the Devil's Reject:

"Audition" remains one of the few films that I've ever cringed at. The piano wire scene. Wow.

Krakatoa:

"Audition" is a recent film (I think it was released in 2000?) out of Japan. It's about a man who pretends he is auditioning for a movie in order to get a new wife.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Zombie the flesh eaters was the scariest film for me, I peed on myself. "The Others" was also very scary, more like ultra creepy, try watching it with the lights out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

damn, meant that for another section.

how about psycho?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006