Best current and upcoming MMORPG graphics.

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Jun 25, 2008.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What is the best MMORPG in terms of graphics?
    What is the best MMORPG overall?

I like multi-themed mmorpgs with lots of bright landscapes.

Aion looks really cool.
    Entropia is supposed to be using the Cryengine2. I would definitely play that because it's free, and has a sort of economic system for making real money.

Overall, Aion looks like it has lots of kewl action based capabilities, and the great graphics make it all worthwhile.

I like Second Life because I made a boatload of money off of it back in 2005 when I pioneered the concept of the ingame free sex park putting strip clubs and call girls out of business. The problem is that the graphics and render times on this game are horrible. Not only does resolving take forever, but the end product of what is being resolved isn't all that great.

I never played Flyff, but it looks like a bright fun game. I'd play the free version just to fly around, and check out the landscapes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Like every other addict, I cracked out on Warcraft when it first came out. After the expansion was released I was able to finally quit.

http://www.wowdetox.com/

Rl > wow imo.

But when Warhammer comes out in October and as the weather here gets cold I might play chaos for awhile.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I've never tried Eve Online. Looks like a really interesting concept.
    I'd like to see a game with really nice technology like Conan and Aion using great many innovations such as Eve's space ships and Rose Online's go carts. It would be nice to witness an online game with go carts, space ships, vehicles, and a huge beatiful immersive world map.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I've come to the conclusion all MMOs are shit. They are all little hamster wheels for pathetic losers in real life, whom push their petty agendas in the game so they won't loose any of their "fake" shit in the game. There is no thrill, no excitement, without some sort of risk. Some people use these games as a fancy ass chat window, then can't handle the heat when the game is billed for PvP and they just plain suck at it and get frustrated. Rather than leave, they squeel like the little pig herd they are for the game to change to suit their no-loss lifestyle, mommy and daddy provided in this all too safe society of padded cribs and child safety seats built for 8 year olds.

This pathetic demographic of humanity, cannot even lose some 1ss and 0ss in a fucking computer game. Truly pathetic. Even the hardcore "Pirates of the Burning sea" is coming out with "insurance" for your pirate ship in case you lose it, next patch. Fucking too bad Captain Kidd didn't have that!

You fucking pathetic carebears will ruin any game. I play online games to "compete" with real human beings, not some bots, mindlessly collecting pretty shitty trickets and watch numbers go up. I can keep hitting = on a calculator if I wanted that.

Due to the business model of these games, they must cater to the lemminghood of humanity, looking for a glorified pacman game. In such a rush to level up like that bad episode of startrek that nearly fucked the whole crew over.

I play them, to get what I can't get in real life. A place that doesn't exist anymore(if ever), for a little fun to try and get the caveman out, that would get me busted in jail in modern society. Most people seem to want to grind out an alternate life on these game, I mean grind...when they die and there is a some sort of loss, they complain how hard they "worked" for that stuff.

MMO gamers are plankton.

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

It never made sense to me how people complain about losing whatever they got after leveling up. I rarely pay attention to leveling. I'm more in it for the scenery, exploring, socializing, and fun. My favorite part of these games are the 3D worlds and the group missions. It's a real blessing. I just wish I had more time to play.

I wonder if I could make time to really play mmorpgs without interfering with my real life responsibilities and objectives.

10. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I have to agree with nietzschefan. You can play an MMOG without getting way too caught up in it, but it's not easy.

Though if you want risk, EVE has risk. It's probably the most PVP oriented MMOG out there, there's nowhere you can't be destroyed by someone else. Even in "secure" space with police response there've been people who've lost freighters full of cargo worth billions of isk to PVPers who staged a suicide attack on it with losses worth much less than the loot they picked up afterward. The most basic ships can be insured for their full cost, to help people just starting the game. But any of the more advanced stuff (basically 90% of the ships in the game) is not covered at all. You lose a ship and it's gone, along with everything on it. There's very little sugar coating in the game.

And you can stand to lose a lot with a single ship loss. A basic cruiser costs about 10 million isk, a heavy assault cruiser (tech 2 variant) costs at least 100 million isk. Basic modules cost about 200,000 isk, tech 2 variants cost upwards of 5 million isk each. Then you get 'named' modules that come from certain npc's, some of which cost well over 1 billion isk. A well set up heavy assault cruiser can easily cost 200-300 million isk, 20-30 times more than a basic cruiser. Then you have your capital ships, all of which cost several billion isk and are extremely vulnerable to fleets of smaller ships. None of this stuff can be insured, if you lose it it's gone.

That's why EVE is still the only game I've played that would give you an adrenaline rush in combat, because there's real consequences for losing. That and the fact that you don't have to grind to level up, skills train all the time, even when you're offline. You need to grind to make money instead

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I miss it sometimes, but I don't have time for MMOG's anymore.

11. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I agree. MMORPG are low-caliber compared to traditional console RPGs (especially SNES and Playstation ones like Chrono Trigger and FF7). I always get bored with all MMORPGs when I try them at a friend's house. There is no comparison between MMORPGs and real RPGs.

It's real sad wehn people get so addicted to a game that they lose touch with their personal life. I don't understand why people would sacrifice real life (to the degree where it becomes dangerous) for a game?

12. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Age of Conan

If Elder Scrolls game ever become MMORPG, that would be an answer.

13. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

Although it possesses low-quality graphics, Runescape is a fairly addicting MMORPG. Runescape.com. My name on there is Spartano40.

14. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I've been playing "vanguard". I think it has some of the best graphics around for a MMO...although it can be buggy as hell...Which is one reason I don't think it ever became as popular as WoW.

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Shorty's 11 year old plays runescape and is one of the top PvP'rs lol. He has been booted off a few servers because he was slaughting people by the bushel fkn basket. Also that game used to have a real death penalty and corpse looting. He is tougher than most 30 year old men online(myself included). If I lost in PvP like that , i'd be swearing my head off(but still love the game - I know weird). He just takes it in stride. He doesn't even play that much.

Sigh, maybe these games really are just for kids.

16. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

Age of Conan has the best graphics of the current mmorpgs. Even better than Vanguard I think.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i bought D&D online but never got around to instaling it. I really would rather play single player games like bloodlines or diablo2

I was waiting for the matrix online but i dont think it ever came out in australia

18. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

than you should be happy to see that blizzard announced diablo 3. blizzards site has a video of in game play...I can't wait.

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

My name on there is Allecite.
    They updated the graphics in Runescape, but I don't think free players can access it. Only rich players.

20. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Most are, but there's some really good ones out there.

I agree some gamers take MMO's to serious, just like the parents who take youth sports to serious and end up fist fighting in front of the children. Or the hooligans that incite violence at soccer games, or the numerous Baseball, Basketball and Footballs players who have violent altercations during or after the game.

This happens with every single MMO, that's why World of Warcraft allows you to inspect the characters stats who post on the forum. And 90% of the ones who're complaining are scrubs with shitty gear (Which is no excuse because gear is easy to get) and have no clue how to play their class.

Never heard of that game before.

Entertainment is subjective, to each his own.

Developers are in the business of making money. So they cater to the casual base because 90% of MMO players are casual gamers.

True, there's been numerous cases of players in Asian countries dying at the keyboard in the internet cafe's.

That's your opinion. MMO gamers are some of the smartest chaps out there. Some the software modifications they code are beyond remarkable. And your assessment of the typical gamer is grossly inaccurate. I live SF Bay Area, in the heart of Silicon Valley. And most people here are hardcore gamers, and very successful as well.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

the wrath of the lych king comes out soon the new WOW expansion, i cant wait personally!!

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

23. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member