Benazir Bhutto R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Dec 27, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't be silly. Why confuse the issue with facts?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean, is anyone interested in the fact that the "extremists" in Paksitan were all trained by the ISI and Zia with American funding?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. countezero Registered Senior Member

What's interesting to me is how none of the news reports mention her participation in massive amounts of corruption...

That may be so, but it was al-Haq who radicalized the country by building madrassas and intentionally obscuring Pakistan's secular history. National Geographic did a good job detailing this in a recent article.

Mike may not have all his facts down, but he's right in one sense: To deny that militant Islam is a powerful force in Pakistan and is the prime mover behind this recent act is absolutely ridiculous.

And Buffalo is right to assert Bhutto's gender is a factor. The Islamic jihadists have been defacing Bhutto's billboards for weeks, spray-painting a veil over her face. This has been widely reported.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So tell me why:

1. the United States did not support Bhutto (the father) but supported Zia

2. why every election in Paksitan leads to a liberal government in power, including Benazir, twice.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Shame on you buffalo, for turning her death into a hate post... SHAME ON YOU.
    Let her death speak for itself.

Her father was involved in the creation of Bangladesh, and she herself seemed like an honest hardworking (despite the corruption charges) woman, with a better command of english than your current incumbent, buffalo... Rest In Peace..Bhuttos

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  8. countezero Registered Senior Member

Sam, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this isn't about the US.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

It does speak for its self, and it convicts Islam and Islams attitude towards women.

10. Kadark Banned Banned

The US is supporting the dictators who are oppressing the Pakistanis, which is why the Martial Law was induced on the public not long ago. Of course America's entitled to a large portion of the blame.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry to say, your lack of knowledge makes you appear to be a very poor journalist indeed. Do you work for Faux News?

The United States has supported every dictator in Pakistan :crazy:

http://www.fpif.org/fpiftxt/4718

12. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

"At 6:16 p.m., she expired," said Wasif Ali Khan, a member of Bhutto's party who was at Rawalpindi General Hospital.

What a choice of word to use. Anyway its hard to say who assassinated her, perharps Musharaff, who I really like and would prefer to be a little smarter, or even one of her own party members being that its the biggest and most supported party in Pakistan. Nonetheless, a play writer can't dream up whats going on in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

She wasn't killed solely because she was a woman,that may have played a small part, and religion may not be the only motive behind her assasination...Just like when suicide bombers kill American soldiers.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

A likely candidate, since she was the biggest threat to his continuing fiefdom.

Not to mention all the moolah that he is misusing (hahahaha)
    http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200712241042.htm

:American shock: (O RLY?) --->

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes we hear from SpAM, accusing the Count of lack of knowledge about Pakistan, but fails to recognize her own denial of the involvement of Islam in Pakistani politics.

Islam is a Religiouspolitical system, and it operates in both spheres.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Tell me again why it was okay to kill a hundred thousand women and children in Japan.:crazy:

17. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Hillary Clinton...take note

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really? the reason Benazir was killed, was because because she was a women who didn't know her place, it is all over the teachings and moires of Islam.

19. countezero Registered Senior Member

No, it's doesn't. There's no indication we had anything to do with her death. None. Most likely, Islamic terrorists killed her because she represented a threat to the Sharia-based society they would like to create in Pakistan.

And for the record, the US did not support Musharraf until after 9/11. In recent years, our aid to him has decreased substantially. It was also the US who pressured Musharraf to step down as General and end Martial law. So please, get your head out of your ass and assess the situation accurately and fairly. Don't reach for the convenient. That is, everytime something bad happens in the world, people like you and Sam want to tie it to the US. That's absolutely ridiculous.

20. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

So does christianity....
    What I believe SAM is trying to say is that Islam is not the reason for alot of dictators and coups, a lot of the time, Its just the colour of the invading party..I'm sure that if there was a serious non islamic presence that aligned with US interests, the US would slide right up for the coup..

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ahahahaha

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=63224

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

same way Khaleda Zia did and Sheikh Hasina did.

Unlike all the women the US has elected in the last 200 years.

:roflmao:

23. Kadark Banned Banned

First off, I never said the US had direct involvement in the specific case of Benazir's assassination. However, her dictatorial counterparts are supported by the US, who are likely responsible for her death. "Islamic terrorists" are against Musharraf, in case you haven't heard. Why do you think there was a Martial Law last month? They see Musharraf as a pro-Western, secular dictator (which he is).

I take it you didn't bother to read any of the links Sam posted to. It's not merely a coincidence that the military dictators are given support, whereas the others are not. Musharraf isn't the only dictator in Pakistan's history that has received American support. The US may have "pressured" Musharraf to fulfill their media obligations (you know, make it seem like you care), but who is still in complete control? Whose opposition was just assassinated?