Being an insufferable bitch i.e. moderator rudeness.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by invert_nexus, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

That's... eerie.
    You know... if I didn't know better... Gendanken? Is that you?

*chortle*

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Poor Gendy. So many people wanting a piece of her. Thankfully she has a few who are willing to defend her!

/Passes box of tissues to Invert and String..

/Goes back to popcorn..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Are you saying the same thing to Invert?
    Of course you aren't. You've taken a side, and hypocrisy can go hang. Right?

Why not? Anyone can post anything and claim someone else wrote it these days. Gustav already posted an amusing rendition of a wiki article.
    It's a bit unfair, though. I haven't kept any of hers. A small rewrite there, a bit of modification here... I could make her sound like anything I want. couldn't I?

... hang on. Are you here gabbling on about integrity?

Gendanken was scorned as much as I was. Where do your sympathies lie and whose word are you going to take?
    Hardly worth me saying anything at all to you about that, is it?

I claimed nothing of the sort. I said I couldn't be bothered reading all the replies... and that was up to that point.
    Now, where is Invert? He should be screaming about someone's comprehension skills about now...

No, the little idiots should say nothing at all. There isn't a single one - and that includes Gendanken - who has said anything to me I didn't already know about years ago.
    Considering I'm older than she is, has it ever occurred to you - even once - that we were in contact initially because she agreed with me on most things?
    Fool.

So why give the idiots the idea that being loud and abrasive is cool?

Besides which, why limit to large groups? Mutual support is the only thing required for someone to ignore their own stupidity. Case in point, your mob.

*Laughs* oh my. She's got you too. Quite the harem she's got going these days. The majority being adoring boys.

Silly. You don't know me. You've never met me. We've never conversed. All you have is the word of someone you admire, and a few posts of mine you interpret from your own perspective, and that's all you need to make a judgement.

Who is the idiot?

No. That she thinks she's infallible is the result of the cancer. I've been replying to the cancer.

Once in this thread alone, another I can think of a while back... try again, lad.
    There is also quite a difference between one not wanting to admit fault, and openly proclaiming they are never wrong, and going so far as to share her views on someone with all and sundry so as to enlist support.
    Integrity. Lawl.

Run with that,String. It's what she's told you, what Invert has tried to tell you, what everyone has.. other than me. I'm the only one here who knows the full story behind whatever occured between Gendanken and I.
    You don't. You never will. But you can pretend you do... all you need do is just go along with what you're told. Like a good boy. Or read whatever she chooses to pass along to you.
    You are not friends with an honest person, String. Don't fool yourself about that. For everything she's told you, there is as much she hasn't.
    Reality is not only subjective, but in the case of the gullible, controllable.

Didn't say I didn't care. I said I didn't care if she's here or not. How exactly does that prevent this from being amusing? Are the two mutually exclusive?

I already said it was Schadenfreude. Do you need a dictionary? Or are you just trying to ingratiate yourself with the in crowd?
    I'm enjoying myself, String. People like you and Invert are just... fun. You know?

And how is that relevant? I've been talking about peer pressure all along. Or, in this case... squeaky wheels.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

No, that's me.
    Dune and Fight club for you.

Oh, Invert. Who started this thread? Who has been whinging here for a week now?

Now. Are you still going to claim, in spite of all these references to emails you've apparently seen or been told about, that you haven't talked about me?

Integrity, my arse. You're a bunch of little schoolgirls, aren't you? And as far as Gendanken is concerned, well... dodged a bullet there. What she says she is, and what she is behind the scenes, are two quite separate things. Aren't they. Same goes for you, you chatty little guy.
    Heh.
    Integrity. Love it.

Nooo! Stop saying the word... Ni! NI!

I sound like Wanderer?
    Well, you're the ones with the fixation, I suppose. I'll just take your word for that.

Gee, indeed. So why did you point it in the first place?

Even when it's all blatent nonsense? You take her crap day after day without pause, and don't mind?

... actually, I believe you.

Whereas I get a kick out of Americans attempting to imitate it, or thinking that an Australian entertainer playing up to an image you have of us is any any way representative of reality.

You don't find me funny at all, Invert.

You know, I'm actually serious about the Gendanken/Invert thing. I honestly am not sure if this isn't Gendanken herself using Invert's logon. It doesn't sound like her generally, but... it's like some of this has been copied, word for word.

If not... Invert. Dude. Have some pride, man. Some sense of self. Same words, same lines, same expressions. Same line of attack.
    If I was your friend, I'd be a little disturbed. Freaked out, might be more appropriate.

Do you honestly believe that the "30 seconds" doesn't apply to everyone here? Are you so full of your own misguided self-importance that you cannot concieve of anyone being as indifferent to you as you are to them?
    Good lord.

8. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Marvellous. Ha.

9. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

invert and The Marquis: I suggest you conduct your ... er... discussion by PM or email instead.

I can't see any good coming of this thread, so I'm closing it now.

I assume gendanken would have posted in it by now if she had anything to add to the discusssion. gendanken: Please PM me if this is incorrect.

Closed.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Following a PM from gendanken, this thread has been reopened and will remain open for the next hour.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Actually, I do.

Anway I'll leave this thread to James and Gendanken. It's all turned into a bunch of bullshit anyway.

Don't close it on my account, James. The floor is yours.

13. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Oh, but thats hardly fair.
    Give her a chance to write whatever she pleases and then close it again?
    The defence gets a chance to close but the prosecution doesn't?

Damn moderators. So biased. I should start a thread.

Just kidding, James. I was done with it anyway.

Gendanken? In response to whatever claptrap you're about to post - whatever. Nighty night, precious.

14. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Kinda..like you?

Typical of that quiet rage called Middle Age, isn't it, how its impulses expose the hic one has always been?

In you, its an uncontrollable mongrel of ennui, frustration, the silence of knowing she's not interested-- it makes you do stupid things.

Like showing up here in a diaper with the insolence of a brat throwing a tantrum for mother to hear, a frothing necrophiliac lurking around dying threads practically heaving to do what exactly?
    Wrap that starving ego of yours in self-serving terms like 'schadenfreude'?

Yeah-- right.

You've even lost sleep-- I see you've been posting all day.

Tell you what, here's a word for you: Antidisestablishmentarianism

Now, arrange that word up there into hundreds of neat little paragraphs, dangling participles and all, put my name on it, and pretend the monstrosity you've just created is Gendanken addressing The Marquis.

James R:
    Mind you, I've only an hour, therefore:
    Know what?

Screw it-- I've already private messaged you about a new thread so I'll take that route.

I leave you with what Fisher Ames, founding father and fellow curmudgeon lost to history, wrote about governments:

"A state of agitation that is justly terrible to all who love their ease...it tries and wears out the strength of the government and the people. It is a game which the factious will never be weary of playing, for conquering parties never content themselves with half the fruits of victory"

That 'state of agitation' is that nagging prick you leaders feel in your skull in the presence of Middle Classed Midge filing her thousandth report of abuse because someone just called soccer moms a "lobotomy".

Do we honestly believe anyone here is being offended or merely enjoying the power of reporting abuse?

I cannot do with a thousand pages what a loved one these people actually care for could do to them with a look-- loved ones have killed more people than cholera.

This is the only thing I wish the modership to take account of -- the moral ignorance of not realizing the bigotry of its citizenry will eat its way through any society to leave behind that dull, boring cannibalism of bigots devouring bigots.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  15. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Meh-- I can't even address Skaught?

That would have been by far more interesting.....*grin*

16. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

~

Oh come on!

I just got here! I haven't logged on since the ~banning~ and you know it.

I see the thread's not locked up and my so called 'hour' was up minutes ago.

Please? I'll give you a dollar, or a colorful ditty serenading your Awesome Modership, Oh my brother.

17. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

I don't see any support for me here.
    It's all about you, girl. And don't you just love it.

Not quite middle aged yet.
    Other than that, you have it about right. Other than in the "she's not interested" bit. You just can't stand it, can you? Is this how you live, pretending everyone is obsessed with you so you can sleep at night?

I'm looking around for the same words directed at your mate Invert. Or String.
    Not finding them.

Why is that?

Enjoying the ride, Gendanken. I don't need control over anything.
    Why do you?

Just. Let. Go.

International time zones, twit. I don't sleep during the day.

Pretend? It's all I ever see in my inbox these days.

Stop it, will you? I got an email from you half an hour ago telling me you were coming back to post in here.
    Why?

What's the self-serving term you're going to use to wrap your ego in?
    I won't say it's starving. You cultivate your own nourishment. Self-sufficient little thing, aren't you.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  18. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Becuase James closed this thread as I was posting, that's why.

I don't care enough to post your lonely caterwaulings, idiot.

Its you being ignored in my inbox and the lovely thing in all this is you know it.

See?

Random knock:
    Oh?

19. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Wha? Come on let's hear it.

20. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Interesting.

This thread isn't closed yet, which means we're free to squeeze Marquis' entrails through his maw?

Because that's exactly what I'd love to do right now, you know, choke the bile out from his body and gel his hair with it.

For the moment, anyway. En guard!

21. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

"Wha? Come on let's hear it"

Because you're that closet misanthrope with his head so pinched between the pages of chic psychology 101 that your head looks like a sandwich.

22. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

So why message me, girl?

So I don't need to change my email address then? Good. I like it.

Don't tell me you haven't been discussing me with your little friends, Gendanken. They've given you away.

Bling leading the blind, your mob.

I hardly think so. Got one half an hour ago, an invitation with a pretty little red bow on it. I don't need to post anything at all, Gendanken. They all know.
    You've been spitting at me for months, now. Open up my email and get a spray.

Aye. You know it too.

23. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Peekabo...

Come on, Mr. Skaught.

Come out, come out wherever you are-- looks like this thread hasn't tanked yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.