Being an insufferable bitch i.e. moderator rudeness.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by invert_nexus, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Did you earn your body?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Going a bit too far, aren't you?

But, yes.
    I did.
    I'm still alive.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I just want to see how consistent your position is.

You earned your body? You earned that you are alive?
    Are you saying it is your doing that that tile falling off the roof and cracking open the skull of the person walking in front of you has not fallen on you?
    That it is your doing that a tornado didn't choose to sweep across your house?
    That that stray bullet didn't hit you?
    And so on.

Our physical survival is also due to a million things over which we have no control.
    We can't rightfully say we have earned to be alive.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Signal,

There is always an element of chance involved. The world is far too complex for such not to be the case.
    However, one must take responsibility for one's life.
    The successes as well as the failures.

Yes, I could not control that random lightning strike that didn't kill me.
    But, I did choose to not step in front of the moving car.
    I did choose to better myself in order to provide myself (and those I care about) with a better life than if I had taken the easy path and subsisted on charity.
    There are myriad choices I have made in my life, every day of my life, which have ensured my survival.

Not only this, but these choices have also shaped me. Mind and body into that which I am today.

One must own oneself.

Snowflakes don't.
    They point fingers when things go wrong.
    They look for someone to blame rather than the solution to the problem.
    They seek to excuse themselves with "What happened was..."
    I don't give a shit about what happened. That sounds personal to me. Tell me what you're going to do to fix it. Or, better yet, just fix it.

Responsibility.
    Key.

8. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

I don't care. I just fnd this thread amusing.

What I said isn't irrelevant. It is the way this place works now, and has always worked. It's the way things work everywhere. People form cliques, and make rules which are only a reflection of their communal desires.

Gendanken went against a group who had the power and desire to remove her, and they did exactly that. Surprise?

9. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Grudgingly?

In many cases, yes. Does that imply it is always that?
    For every two or three who are as you describe above, there is one more who simply finds her to be an idiot.

Your assumption is that they have a grudge. Your assumption is that everyone who finds Gendanken annoying does so because they fear her acumen. In many cases, you may be absolutely correct.
    In others, you are not.

The banning was about Gendanken being Gendaken - Invert's subsequent thread is not.

Interesting to note that the majority of her supporters are those who have been spared that "articulation and acumen". Watch what happens when a bully walks into a room of people - some will immediately ingratiate themselves, and some will not. Those who ingratiate themselves will be spared the bully's full attention more often than not, notwithstanding a few jibes for the sake of form.
    Observe a tribe of Chimpanzees for a while. Watch who the Alpha goes after, and who he mostly leaves alone.

How far do you take that? Would you allow Ted Bundy to wander around doing as he pleases but that's just "who he is"?
    Gendanken can amputate her personality or not as she pleases. Every human on the planet has to do so to one extent or another. It depends solely on which group one wishes to be a part of.
    If one wishes to join a football club and play football, one needs to conform to the social structure of that club. If not, they don't play. It isn't rocket science.

Those who have the power to do so will simply express their displeasure at Gendanken's individuality in a formal manner. It has nothing to do with whether or not they are right in doing so.

Ever watched "Big Brother"? I caught a few episodes a few years back. A girl who was an annoying, mouthy bitch was one of the survivors until near the end. Was it because she was honest, or had integrity? No. It was because the public have a notion at the moment that to be oneself, an individual, is key, and admirable in itself.
    The viewing public had the single advantage (or disadvantage) of observing her from the outside, and were free to admire from a distance without having to deal with her, and their own stated preference. To be in that house, however, would probably have been an unpleasant experience.

How romantically poetic.

Encourage? Heh. She requires a little submission before she encourages anyone at all. Once she has that, then yes, I agree. She does.

Again, simply observe. You'll see it.

10. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Why don't you tell me then? Isn't it you who is complaining about the pretence of knowing when one does not?
    Actually, don't bother. If I wanted to know what Gendanken thought, I'd ask her.

You, of course, are immune to feeling any such thing.
    It's fun, Invert. Put in a coin and go along with the ride. You can always get off if you start feeling ill.

Ssssss.. don't say the "W" word! She might be watching!

I'm giving my own views on the matter. So are you, Gendanken, and everyone else.
    Are you telling me you're tired of it? Sick of being the object of someone's elses misguided or incorrect assumptions?

Think about that for a while, Invert. Or have Gendanken to think about it first, and then come back and tell me what she you think.

Invert, you're using the same words, the same phrases. Stop trying.

Ass opposed to acrimonious allusions, you mean? I suppose which you find prefereable merely depends on which side of the fence you're standing.
    Right?

I haven't claimed anything of the sort.
    Gendanken, on the other hand, has quite a few claiming it for her.
    Rampant hypocrisy, Invert. Your watermark.

...What?
    The wind is certainly blowing here, but it's not giving me any answers. Damn wind. Blow harder!

Doesn't change a thing, Invert.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  11. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

A couple of gems:

(None that he's willing to admit, at any rate)

(Unless it's Gendanken's analysis?)

(Nobody understands. *Sniff*.)

(Book of the week. Waiting for the Dune reference.)

12. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Missed one.

Whether or not one believes something has been "earned" by another is subjective.

13. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

209 replies so far.

No-one has yet said that Gedanken isn't an insufferable bitch, just that it's rude to call her that to her face.
    Even Gedanken hasn't said it.

Let's lighten the mood a bit.
    Here's one of those bears the Chinese keep in cages to extract bile from.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Don't worry, I got it. And I'm saying it's hypocritical of you.
    And why would 'tophat' be insulting? It's a reference to your avatar..

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say. Have a great time quibbling about this the coming week.

15. TeachersPet Banned Banned

they seem ok

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea, the poor girl.

17. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

You always have a choice.
    My error, though. I should not have included those who one doesn't like. Dislike and like are closely related; indifference would be the key here.
    By definition, feeling indifferent to another does preculde thinking about what they are saying. In most cases, people think they are indifferent to another but actually are not.

My point, actually. I'll let you borrow it.

.. or was that another thread? Or an email... I don't remember.

18. Ripley Valued Senior Member

And in an environment that’s being groomed to filter out a certain species of character that would otherwise challenge people’s choice of masquerade…

Sure, we all don masks in public—we have to—but those masks are suppose to reflect as close as possible the inner workings of our progressive caliber, our consciousness, our will, our spirit. And it’s not some sort of vague democratic right or grandiose ego trip to wear such and such a mask but is instead the stroke of true artistry that one can wear such and such a mask: self recognition, self-integrity, self-expression, and, here world, I am presenting you with my creation—it's almost as if one isn't wearing a mask at all!

I mean, this is so unjust. In all topics here at the forums where one is skilled at some type of knowledge, a challenge is practically required: a challenge to knowledge. But if someone should come skipping in here benefiting an elevated sense at self-character, which is also a form of knowledge and self-attainment, they are expected to section themselves off, butcher their wholeness which drives their skills so as not to challenge or be challenged: they are expected to wear someone else's glum mask.

19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Enmos,

Whatever.
    I still say you don't read.
    Nothing you've said indicates otherwise.

The Marquis,

Feel better then?
    Hope so.

You really are boring.
    Know that.

20. superstring01 Moderator

Most of all, you!

All this is just a bit of you being scorned. I should have her post your emails to her.

It's a good thing she doesn't take leave of that intelligence.

Wait? How's that again?

What about Gendanken is "washed up" and explain how you, wandering in here like a lost kitty, doesn't further pay her the attention you claim she

Liar.

You've posted some pretty long messages in a thread you claim not the care much about.

As opposed to, what? Beating around the bush in order to spare your pwessious feewings?

No. All you get is a generation of idiots, regardless of what you do. People, in large groups, tend to be dumb.

Who's telling you that you have to respect her?

Problem is, her feistiness has been directed at you in ways you don't like, and has left you behind, despite your desperate attempts to weasel your way back into hers.

What is that cancer?

That she thinks she's always right.

Name the last time on this board you admitted to being wrong. Sort of the pot calling the kettle black. Only in this case, it's a spurned man who's desperately looking for a way to remain relevant.

Amusing enough to. . . um. . . care.

But we both know it goes deeper than that.

Um. That same group reinstated her when they found out "their" judgment was wrong.

~String

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I thought it was Shaw this week.

You do realize that you spout enough melodramatic shit out here that your whiny emails to her don't really mean anything, yes?

This is really reminiscent of Wanderer.
    You're getting closer.

I am?
    I thought I was saying that you were funny/sad?
    Gee.

Actually, I don't mind.
    It's more of that funny/sad thing.
    Spew all you want.

You're a funny little guy, really.
    I really get a kick out of imagining your nonsense in an Australian accent.
    Crikey.

Anyway, got real things to tend to.
    You'll no longer exist to me in about 30 seconds until the next time I come across your whiny rantings.
    That's the truth.

Enjoy.

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Superstring,

Don't bother.
    He's just trying to goad her.
    It's nothing new.

23. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

I agree, in general.
    Where I take exception is the "self-attainment" line. There are many who probably have the same heightened sense of worth you're describing. In the end, all it comes down to is sympathy for character... and that is based largely on entertainment value. Not "acumen". No one denies that Gendanken has an admirable mind... but too many of you seem to think this makes her infallible.

The simple fact is, she isn't; but even she has come to believe she is.
    Cancer.

Gendanken has a knack of polarising attitudes towards her. Like, dislike, there aren't many who are indifferent. But if one wants to be a part of a group, then one must suborn themselves to that group.
    Gendanken knows how the world works as well as anyone; her banning was her choice, and to argue moral right and wrong of it based on your own aesthetics is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.