Being A Jew

Discussion in 'History' started by J.B, Mar 3, 2006.

1. CalCalNY Registered Member

Im not sure if anyone's mentioned this aspect of the story yet, but the mosty likely reason Ashkenazi Jews have superior Verbal and Math scores (statisticly) stems from the basic principles of social darwinism.

Another thing worth mentioning is that while many people say that the idiographic style of Chinese writing gives them better spatial reasoning abilities, i think its the other way around, and that someone who naturally has greater spatial abilities than verbal would prefer script that was closer to his or her style of thinking. It seems most of the great civilizations known for their engineering skills like the Egyptians, Chinese, and MAyans also had pictorial scripts. Or I may just tottally wrong.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. makeshift Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that's true. I mentioned that a while back in the thread... here's more information about it if you're any interested. (It's a Wicki link.)link
    Interesting thought I hadn't yet considered. You're saying these people have higher spatial abilities? I suppose that makes sense for Asians... they're so damn good at video games.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Phasmid Registered Member

I have a great amount of respect for the Jewish people. Their cultural capital is a virtue to be sure - something lacking in myself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.