Being A Jew

Discussion in 'History' started by J.B, Mar 3, 2006.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Dr Lou Natic:

Are you promoting such criticisms?

What's a "real white person"? How can you tell the difference?

This sounds anti-semitic.

Are you anti-semitic, Dr Lou? Do you believe all Jews are inferior to yourself? What about black people?

All of them?

Do you actually believe this rubbish?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Just pointing out what the criticisms are, really, at this stage.
    Jews have never been stereotyped as stupid or violent so I don't understand the discussion.

The western europeans which the term "white people" was coined for. As opposed to some hebrews who come over and say "hey our skin is also white, we're the same people", not really.
    You can tell the difference fairly easily by using the guidelines I mentioned actually.
    Is the guy greedy, does he have a big nose, does it sound like he has something stuck in his throat, is he prone to breaking out in hives etc.

*Gasp* Call the exorcist.

Anyway, how's it anti something to say that it's incredibly gifted at something?

No, I believe whites and jews and blacks as groups of people have facinating notable characteristics.
    There are exceptions and lots of mutts which muddy the water, but it's more interesting for me to focuss on general traits and attributes the populations generally exhibit than to focuss on how wonderfully individual everyone is.
    Just a matter of preference, differing areas of interest, no big deal.

xerxes;
    But cousin samuel has allergies doesn't he?

I can't be serious? Like I'm the only one who says these things and it's "news to you" that jews are seen in such light? You thought jews were considered outstanding virile athletes as a general rule? Where have you been?
    The thing is, it might be a "stereotype", but everyone independently comes up with the same stereotype because generally it rings true.
    I wouldn't judge an individual jew, presuming he has all these things wrong with him and hate him for it, but it's interesting to me to notice these traits commonly seen in different breeds of people and ponder over their history and how it sculpted them to become the kind of animal they are.
    It's not information I angrily take with me into daily life, I just have a fascination with uncensored(and thus accurate) anthropology and the natural history of organisms in general.

Ok, my post in this thread was inflammatory, partly to stir up JB and partly because sciforums is insane with political correctness, but deep down the reality is what I said above.
    I have no hatred for any race, it's quite the opposite I'm actually fascinated by all of them and undoubtedly "like" and appreciate each of them more than the staunch anti-racists who are generally ignorant on the issue and can't even understand why it's unreasonable to try to pretend people are all the same when they've obviously been shaped by very different environments, historical events and cultural pressures.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Dr Lou Natic:

Why? What good can come of stereotyping people?

Sounds like a lot of white guys. I don't think I'll be able to make a meaningful distinction on these criteria.

But you seem to concentrate on the "bad" characteristics. You seldom mention good characteristics. Why is that?

I'm wondering: What are the bad characteristics of white people, Dr Lou, in general?

Is that how you think it works? You don't believe people learn stereotypes?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Nobody in my family has allergies. Except for a cousin.. but my aunt was adopted.

People often claim the reason I win at poker or monopoly is because of my Jewishness. When I loose, they overlook that fact.

They know me for my generosity, but soon as I get greedy, it's like amnesia. My greed, my cunning, are more than human traits- they morph into Jewish ones.

People see what they want. They judge selectively based on media and sample groups. You'd be shocked how many amazing athletes there are in Jewish day school. Their parents encourage them into sports. Go to a yeshiva and the situtation is different. They are weak and pale because they do not go outside. They eat too much gefilte fish. They grow those disgusting sideburns (peyot) and walk around like little aliens.

So when you go out, you recognize the yeshiva boy. Jewish day school kid blends in. It's from the yeshiva boy people draw their stereotypes... which eventually find their way into media.

That would be good if your observations were rooted in science. Unfortunately, you prefer the role of badass scientist who says what others wouldn't. How else would one like yourself get attention?

There you go again with your 'obviously'. I'm not saying you shouldn't make informal observations. Just don't pass them off as truths.

8. mistermistoffolees Registered Senior Member

Do American Jewish folk really suffer from that much prejudice? I've never been to the states but I was never under the impression that they were an oppressed minority other than by our friends in the KKK.

9. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

It depends where you are. I'm located in Canada's redneck heartland. Most kids here are liberal minded though.

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Canada has rednecks?

11. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah dude.

12. shipwreck Registered Member

gr8t post lou natic! Sooo true LOL!!!!!!

13. Vasilidante Registered Senior Member

If Jews were so smart they would be Switzerland. If Jews were so smart they would have said "listen carve out a little piece of northern europe for us"

NO.

14. makeshift Registered Senior Member

Why are Jews so smart?

European Jews were forbidden to work in many of the common jobs of the middle-ages from C.E. 800 to 1700, such as agriculture, and subsequently worked in high proportion in meritocratic, IQ-intensive jobs, such as finance and trade, some of which were forbidden to gentiles by the church.

Those who performed better are known to have raised more children to adulthood, thus passing on their genes in greater proportion than those who performed less successfully. The Jews rarely married outside of their faith, creating a reproductively isolated population in which this selective pressure would, in Cochran et al's statistical models, be able to effectively influence gene frequency in the 35 generations over these 9 centuries.

Thus, Jews are damn smart.

15. Vasilidante Registered Senior Member

sounds like folklore.

16. makeshift Registered Senior Member

It's not.

Maybe you don't have time to read the whole thing, but give it a good skim. I learned a lot. LINK

17. Vasilidante Registered Senior Member

Its just that individually i see no distinction as far as intelligence.

Are there physical differances within the human brain of a regional subset of people? Is intellect cultivated or is it established at birth?

18. makeshift Registered Senior Member

Many studies seem to suggest so. Indeed, among humans, brain size correlates strongly with IQ. But yes, it does appear that brain size indeed varies with different subsets of people, or races, as it is often put.

There's a lot of information on that topic. It talks about that a little in the PDF I offered you. Here's a Wikipedia article about intelligence and race. LINK

Yes, and yes.

I like to think nature (our genes) determines our potential and nurture (our experiences) determines how much of that potential we use.

19. Vasilidante Registered Senior Member

anyone claiming to have more than a primitive understanding of how the human brain works need to have their head examined, this includes Freud himself. You know i think its one of those things not meant to be fully understood. and thank god for that.

That Wiki link proves nothing but that Asians spend more time studying whereas their counterparts spend more time doing other things.

but what does this mean anyway? your as smart as what you remember from other peoples writings and you are capable of repeating it, you memorized mathematical equations by repeating them over and over?????? these are not life altering acheivements and does not impress me.

And how about all those asians toiling away in rice paddies? are they very smart also or the one asking me "you want duck sauce with that?"

AFAIK the comparison of human brain sizes by physical means has never been done on any large scale, and cat scans or other 3dimensional means will be inconclusive due to parallax distortion.

Furthermore one cannot accurately gauge the success of a group of people without taking nepotism into account, which happens all over.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I am inclined to think that individual qualities are not just the result of culture and personal experience. Genes have alot to do with who we are, what parts of our brains tend to get developed more or less.

21. makeshift Registered Senior Member

But like I said. Brain size correlates VERY strongly with IQ. On average, the brains of blacks are about 100 grams less than whites. In the US, their average IQ is slightly more than 85. Whites have an average IQ slightly higher than 100. Orientals have slightly larger brains than whites and have an average IQ of 106. I couldn't find any figures for Jews. That would be interesting.

But all that leads me to believe that their intelligence isn't all a consequence of "Asians spend more time studying," as you put it. Perhaps the reason they (and Jews) study so much is because they're intelligent.

Kinda reminds me of some findings economist Levitt found and revealed in his book Freakonomics. Using switchboard statisticial analysis, he was able to uncover what factors matter in determining a child's intellectual/scholar success.

Among many factors, he found that families of smart children had more books in their houses compared to lesser intelligent chlidren. This is a fact that has been long known. And politicians and a mayor (i'm not sure who) actually started a program based on the premise that giving children books would make them more intelligent and end up achieving more.

It was a completely failure. It had no noticeable effect whatsoever.

Levitt believes the reason for the confusion lied in the mistaking of correlation for causation. In other words, the books didn't make the children smart. Smart children naturally gravitate to books. Smart chlidren are created by smart parents, and hence smart households have more books than the less intellectually inclined.

22. daydream_believer Et in Arcadia Ego Registered Senior Member

Thank you so much for being one of the few people in this world to know that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. D'ster Registered Senior Member

The fact that his father changed there religion, would not effect the fact that Mark's still possessed the Genes of the highly intelligent Jewish people.

Last edited: May 22, 2006