Beauty and the Ugly guy

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by CutsieMarie89, Oct 8, 2008.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Yes, die in a fire.
    And I just said, in the honesty thread that I think Nietsch and I have very similar mentalities.
    Now, if I could only find your female counterpart down here somewhere. Haha.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah....then your life can be a living hell too. :roflmao:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

You could marry someone who had a great sense of humor and a brilliant mind even if he had a face like a dead gorilla? I couldn't. Call me shallow, but attractiveness is important to me, of course I wouldn't marry anyone who was just a pretty face and nothing else, but then I probably wouldn't like to be around them. I prefer my man have both a likable personality and good looks that I find sexually appealing. Not either or, no exceptions. If I like his personality, but think he's unattractive we'd only ever be friends, just friends.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Shit that made me laugh.........lolol.

As far as the rest of what you said, I am the same way.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I guess I've never been a face person, I've always been a body person. There is a body type I got for and its kinda like this

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Not too good looking but HUGE.

And my husband's power isn't all that I find attractive, but it is what made me notice and lust after him.

9. Bells Staff Member

Yes.

I find a good sense of humour and intelligence sexually attractive and appealing. In short, I find men who are intelligent with a good sense of humour sexually attractive.. who has a brain and knows how to use it basically. Hence why I married my husband.

As I said before, to each their own.

Well yes, yes it is another story altogether.

Well it tends to work a few years after release.

Just think of it this way. While your system is crashing and you are cursing Microsoft for their lack of R&D.. just remind yourself that the money that could keep your system running and stable is being spent to help educate little kids in third world countries.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ahhhhh so you are married to a funny, intelligent dead looking gorilla....Sexy

So if someone makes you laugh and is intelligent you don't see what they look like? The ugliest man now becomes a sexy hunk because he makes you laugh? :shrug:

What's wrong with being funny, intelligent and attractive the whole package.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but come on you would marry a man with the face of dead gorilla?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  11. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Haha...yeah, educating little kids with laptops/desktops running Windows operating systems that crash/freeze/lock-up all the time. LOL

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

He's teaching them patience

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

LOL. That will definitely do it. Believe me, Microsoft tries my patience on a daily basis.
    Women (where dating is concerned) do to, about as much.

14. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

He's way too squishy for me. I prefer more muscle myself, toned and hard.

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, He was the closest I could come to and I know its not the best pic, but...hey, my husband is a normal 45 yr old guy, not an athlete. I do find myself staring at his legs a lot though. So nicely defined.

You know, its nice to be my age and still lust after your spouse.

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Do yo prefer a slim athletic build (like Brandon Lee) or more of a bigger athletic build (like Dolph Lundgren), or does it really matter as long as they are cut?

17. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

I've never heard of a shotgun wedding. Where are you from, dude?

Fowl Creature!

I looked at the photo and for .0001 seconds I was interested.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Shit from some of these posts Men have it EASY. As long as you are funny, somewhat intelligent you can snag a woman even if you have the face of DEAD GORILLA.

I wish women had it that easy..

19. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

....... If you put it that, my confidence should be pretty MASSIVE... haha jk

I've been honing my Comedic Skills... I acknowledge that the comedy above is common filthiness. hahaha But I admit, a lot of comedy must be pre-made and saved for exactly the right moment.... timing seams to be the other half of this mystery. :shrug:

20. Bells Staff Member

No. But you are completely missing the point.

Goes deeper than that. I understand you are attracted to looks first and foremost. I am not like that.

Nothing wrong the complete package.

God.. is it really that hard to understand?

I am saying that not everyone looks at 'looks' first, but looks for other features.. And frankly, a guy can be drop dead gorgeous but if I cannot connect to him mentally.. if he is dumb as a door knob and/or zero sense of humour, the attraction would simply not exist. I guess I am not a superficial person but expect and want something that goes beyond skin deep.

If I was attracted to and fell in love with someone who had the face of a dead gorilla but was also intelligent, sensitive, had a sense of humour (amongst others) and wasn't a superficial twat, then yes, I would marry him. What attracts me obviously does not attract you.

What makes you think it is any different for men?

Not everyone goes by looks first and foremost.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Well you almost have to notice looks first don't you. If you are out and about shopping, at a club/ bar, library whereever doesn't someone just catch your eye? That is what is initially going to peek your interest or curiosity isn't it?
    Because obviously you don't know if they are funny or intelligent just sitting there or walking by. So wouldn't thier looks be one of the first things that may draw you in, before you learn more about them?

How many ppl who are single and looking approach someone they aren't attracted to just to see if they are a nice person, or if they can make them laugh.

That usually comes after the initial meeting. Later you will find out if they are someone you want to get to know better.

I don't care how gorgeous a guy is either if he is an asshole, egomaniac, or is so dull he doesn't know how to joke around, I am not interested either. You are going to be drawn to someone you find attractive before they even say 1 word.

The only way you might get to know someone who you aren't attracted to is someone you might know, or work with or maybe introduced to etc. Someone that you spend time with and find all the other qualities about them more important then what they look like.

But I can't see ppl notice a very unattractive person across the room and wander over to them to find out how great a person they are or how funny they are. Unless however they
    are unattractive themselves and figure they will approach someone close to their own looks.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  22. Bells Staff Member

I tend to not trawl shopping centers, libraries or bars looking for or at men. So I wouldn't know.

There are a lot of things that can draw someone in aside from looks. Broaden your horizons a bit shorty.

I tend to not be drawn in by looks first to be honest. That is secondary to me personally.

Your point being? You make that sound as though that is somehow rare. I would suspect that is how most people meet their prospective other. I've never gone for the pick up's in bars, clubs, stores, etc. Too shallow and cheap for me personally.

Why wouldn't you 'wander over' and get to know someone who you think might be interesting, regardless of their looks? Or would you look first before sauntering over? You see, I don't shun people because they are 'ugly'. Then again, I tend to not go to bars simply to pick up men. So I guess you are better than I am on that score.

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I don't put looks first, I would not care if my partner was just "OK" looking. Aslong as she has a booty and can cook my jerk chicken and patties. lol im joking, I have to be sexualy attracted to them but the most important thing to me is they are honourable and try to be a good person, the most attractive thing to me is when a woman does not care about my good looks and she is not sly and calculating like most women seem to be. Sexual attraction and chemistry is also more important to me than magazine model looks. I don't plan on hooking up and liking very ttractive women it just happens alot. I don't look at women atall I have never been the type of person to go out looking to find a woman, I don't approach women or try picking them up I haven't dropped lines on a girl chasing them around since I was a young teenager.

I don't notice women or lust after strangers.

peace.