Beauty and the Ugly guy

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by CutsieMarie89, Oct 8, 2008.

1. CarpetDiem Burnin' hours, season days Registered Senior Member

LOL! so that's why you're always on your kness!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

That's not being picky, that sounds normal to me.

I never dated fat chicks when I was single (I'm a guy, the avatar is Ann Coulter).

Fat people are fat for one of several reasons, typically, over eating and not enough exercise, and I like partners to have an adventurous streak, which means exercise. I've been with my partner for 16 years, and we enjoy running, cycling, snowboarding and surfing together, and are about to enrol on a rock climbing course.

If you are fit, you want a fit partner, so you sound normal.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I don't get it, but I have not slept today so maybe thats why. :wtf:

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Don't worry I went back and read it and I don't get it either...:shrug:

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I will work it out, Im still trying. It better be funny.

peace.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yuck, yuck, VOMIT! I cannot stand domineering men. They piss me off big time.

10. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

comon VI - fugly fat guys, whom also happen to be assholes, have got to pass on their genes too.

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Sure, let em pass on their genes. Just not with me.

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

But Visceral at least this explains her fascination with spongebob.

I am with you though as I already said. If I saw a man bossing ppl around to make them jump at his command I would think he is a prick.
    That is not a turn on for me it's quite the opposite.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My husband is the head boss at his work. In fact he used to be my boss.
    I suppose I see being powerful and strong as someone I can depend on. How is a strong man automatically a domineering ass? That if I like power, it's because I like money. If I liked a cop or a firefighter, am I after their money?

Isn't that like me assuming if you like what someone looks like then you must be shallow. And I know that's not it at all. We just all have our things.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

No I didn't assume that. I just don't find bossiness attractive.

I like strong men too, I just wouldn't like it if he was domineering.

I guess I misunderstood you, did you mean he was domineering and in-yer-face, or did you just mean he was capable and a good leader?

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

The exact words were; Because I saw him bossing people around and watched them jump.

What is sexy or the big attraction in watching someone bossing other ppl around and intimidating them so they jump at commands like a dog? :shrug:

As far as cops or firefighters go, shouldn't you be attracted to the man and not be attracted to his profession? I went out with a fireman and it was not for his
    profession or the money he made, it was because he was nice and very attractive. If he was a garbage man I would have found him just as appealing.

16. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I'm like that too. I could care less about status. I go for first looks, then personality, then for things we have in common like taste in music, interests, opinions etc.

Dang, that makes me sound so mechanical. I don't scan guys and tick off boxes, I just go with whoever gives me that rush in the bloodstream. Except you can't judge someone by that rush in the bloodstream. My last 2 boyfriends gave me that all right. They were also drug addicts.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Just some advice - never MARRY.

Ok, that's a tough one. Never Marry for looks - that's for sure.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah status and the size of his bank account don't mean squat to me if he is a prick or very unattractive to me. It kills me how some/ a lot of women will go out with a man because they are attracted to the size of his bank account and not the man.

That is how I see this whole attracted to power issue. So because a man is the CEO of a company, I should be so impressed I look past his looks? Sorry can't do that. It would be like me finding Bill Gates attractive because of his power and bank account.

If I look over at the person I am with and find nothing attractive about them, then money, power, all the gifts in the world won't do it for me.

That also goes for a guy with an over inflated ego. Someone who struts around and thinks he is god's gift........I CAN"T STAND THAT.

19. Bells Staff Member

What makes you assume that they jump like dogs when he asks them to do something?

She obviously saw something in his personality that she found appealing.

It is understandable that some of you may find such a concept difficult to comprehend.

I have to agree with your better half. Never, ever marry for looks.

Just like it kills me that someone can go out or marry someone based solely off their looks.

To each their own.

Ermm no. Bill Gates is attractive to many women because of his intelligence, his ability to care about other people less fortunate than him, his sense of humour.. The fact that he is giving away his money to the poor and the needy.. Many people find such qualities attractive in a mate. His wife certainly does since she shares the same admirable qualities.

Not even a good sense of humour or a brilliant mind?

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My first husband was...oh my god HOT! He was funny, great in bed, HOT, friendly and had all the responsibility of a 2 yr old. It was all fun til we had our son.
    I needed a strong man and he wasn't it. He was another person I had to take care of. How sexy is it to be the mother figure of the person you are having sex with? <shudder>

But when I was younger and childless, oh yeah, HOT was good. Looks just don't do it for me anymore.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Well if you look back at the quote, she said she wanted him because she saw him bossing ppl around...... It is not hard to understand why that would be confusing to some ppl.

I would never marry someone for looks if they had nothing else to back them up. But I wouldn't marry someone I wasn't attracted too just because he was wealthy or had a title beside his name. Many women will do that just for the benefits of the good life.

Well to me it wouldn't matter how smart, funny , wealthy or generous Bill gates is I do not find him attractive. So even though he may be all those things if there is no chemistry it wouldn't work.

I love a good sense of humor and the person I am with needs to have one. But he could be the funniest man on earth and again if there is no chemistry other then laughing together we are better off as friends not lovers.

22. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I would much rather him care about producing a stable, consistent, dependable operating system, but that's another story altogether.

Maybe he should use some of that money for R&D to produce software that works when you wannt it to, but that's just me. :shrug:

Sorry for the rant. I just wish Bill Gates would DIAF.

23. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Holy Crap do you ever sound like Nietzsche lmao.....

What does DIAF mean? I am taking a guess here Die in a Fire? lol