Bashing republican\democrats thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricFetus, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Are you kidding? They would love that! With all the teachers and staff members complaining about this whole "No Child Left Behind" program that continues to ruin their school's ratings due to a faulty system, they'd love for any future mentality changes like that to be eliminated.

Yeah, better said, revolution.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I only laugh at things that are funny. Nothing on these two pages has been the least bit funny. Nothing is more leaden than unfunny attempts at humor.

Now this guy is funny:

Don't agree? It may just be possible that humor is subjective, much that same as music.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Athelwulf: becareful my friend, bush might put you in guauntanimo bay for being an "unamerican terrioust"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

damn straight, man, as soon as i can save the $1500 necessary to fly to canada, im gonna jupm. over there, grab some guns, hop over to cuba, set guintanema prisoners free, borrow soem cuban missiles, bomb the pentagon/whitehouse, go to australia, kill or overthrow your PM, then return home to canada so i can be ready for a quick attack

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

vslayer, you moving to canada?

9. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

I love political cartoons, even liberal ones when they are funny, but they seldom are. I usually always laugh at Mallard Filmore but I very seldom if ever laugh at Doonesbury. We like to make fun of liberals because there is so much humor involved in liberalism. As long as liberals are in not in power they are very funny, but when liberals gain power then their nonsense isn't funny anymore.

10. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

You consider Mallard Fillmore to be liberal? Well, that explains a lot.

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(1) Doonesbury is generally too subtle for conservatives. However, there are some conservative politicians who have confessed to reading the strip in order to find out what's really going on up on the Hill.

(2) More than whether Mallard Fillmore is liberal is the question of its humor.

(3) I think, however, the comparison tells us more about the poster than anything else. Now I think I understand these short, detail-free, 100% recycled-opinion posts of Brutus'.​

Brutus I know you'd like us to think more highly of your sense of humor, but Et tu, Brute? In the 1980s, conservatives complained about school funding and poor student performance. Parents phrased it simply: "They shouldn't be dragging down my child's performance just so the lesser students can keep up."

So it seems to be with the national discourse, whether intended humorously or seriously. We shouldn't be dragging down the nation and its politics just so conservatives can feel like they're keeping up.

Then again, why do they need to? After all, the contest is only about winning, right? As we see in Washington (both state and D.C.), all Republicans care about is winning. That we're holding back the entire nation in order for Republicans to feel smart, funny, and worthwhile is a crime.

From the "conservative dictionary" -

progress: When the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, the politics get dumber, and everybody waits around for the GOP to enter the 21st century. "President Bush has made a lot of progress during his term in office."

useless: (1) A person with character. "Alberto Gonzales does not wish to be a useless Attorney General." (2) An honest person. "Of all the president's men and women, Karl Rove is the least useless." "The president does not wish to seem useless." (3) A person who shows respect. "The president does not wish to seem useless."​

12. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

Mallard Fillmore is a conservative cartoon. I was using mallard Fillmore and Doonesbury comparatively. Mallard Fillmore is much funnier than Doonesbury because it speaks the truth, and humor is best when it has a ring of truth to it.

Also Tiassa

You never told me whether the Pursuit of Happiness, I'm an Adult Now was the correct answer to your question?

13. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

It's a small show, so to speak, in that it has been on for only a few months (maybe a full year at this point), but according to AC Nielsen Franken is actually beating Limbaugh by a fair margin, which is not really a surprise, I find that even most conservatives tire of Limbaugh in recent days.

And yes, everyone has heard of Al Franken, though you may not be familiar with him due to the youngness (and possibly indoctrination, though I wouldn’t chock it up to that without checking first)

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Brutus1964

I was waiting until today. It's noon, so why not?

I will tell you that you're incorrect. I'll tell you more about it in a bit, but I'm curious if I could ask your reason for that pick? (And no, further information is not contingent on your answer or lack thereof. I'm just curious, before I hand you the actual answer. For some reason, it seems to work better that way; fewer variables to affect your potential explanation.)

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

16. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

Tiassa

With the information you gave me the Pursuit of Happiness would be a correct answer just not the one you were thinking of.

They did tour with Duran Duran. There 2nd album was produced by Todd Rungren. They were famous for a brief time with there single "I'm an Adult Now.

Read this website. This is were I got my answer.

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicPopEncycloPagesP/pursuit_of_happiness.html

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Brutus1964

You are correct that you're close, but how would "I'm An Adult Now" tap into liberalism's quiet problem?

That's much more insightful: Why you chose that song, not how you arrived at it.

That's actually the aspect I'm curious about, and which will testify to or against my point.

18. th3darkt0w3r Registered Member

you make me sick

19. marv Just a dumb hillbilly... Registered Senior Member

One thing I've noticed about this thread is that liberals have difficulty with spelling and grammar.

20. Brutus1964 We are not alone! Registered Senior Member

Tiassa

I'm an adult now. Is a silly song with some social commentary. I assume that since you wrote your question in this thread that the song must have something to do with liberals and satire. Maybe the quiet problem with liberals is they take themselves too seriously. I will have to find a Pursuit of Happiness song that fits that description.

21. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Come one Tiassa, I can think, why can't you?

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(chortle!)

I'll just leave it at that.

23. Beryl WWAD What Would Athelwulf Do? Registered Senior Member

Do we, now? I've never thought grammatical skills were really tied in with political philosophy, but it's an interesting theory. Bush must be secretly a liberal!