Attack of ze Clones!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Lykan, May 23, 2002.

1. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

I went and saw Attack of the Clones last night -- now THAT was a Star Wars movie! There were a few things that i raised an eyebrow about, but overall i really enjoyed it. Jar-Jar had a minor part. Lots and lots and lots of spectacular special effects combined with lots and lots and lots of action. Funny jokes. Different movie genres within the same movie. Good acting all around. And you get to see Yoda's superb light-saber abilities -- it had everyone in the theater laughing in a good way.

The only thing missing was Harrison Ford, and in retrospect i think he was what made the first 3 movies so extra good, because he's such a good actor and Han Solo was such a cool character. He was the one actor / character that if removed from the original 3 would have detracted the most from their being so good, IMHO.

I do think they shouldn't have had Samuel L Jackson be in it, because even though he did a good job, when i see him i think of other movies like Pulp Fiction too much. (I even heard that he had BMF put on his light saber, as BAD MOTHERFUCKER was on his wallet in Pulp Fiction) Same with Liam Neeson and Ewan McGreggor. I agree with whoever said that they should have used only unknown actors. It's certainly not like the movies needed Samuel L Jackson in them in order to get more people to come see them.

It's funny how the naughty Jedi use red light sabers and good Jedi use green or blue ones, but i suppose it does help one discern who's who during fast-paced duels.

I also think there should be more female Jedi.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

YES YSE YES!!!!!!

SOMEONE ELSE GOT IT!!!!!!

THE THING MISSING IS...................HARRISON FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

YES YSE YES!!!!!!

SOMEONE ELSE GOT IT!!!!!!

THE THING MISSING IS...................FEMALE JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

I just found out that Ewan McGregor's uncle played Luke's friend Wedge in the first couple Star Wars movies.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I haven't seen it yet, but will soon.
    But Han Solo wasn't even born in this movie, so why do you want him in it?
    Isn't Amidala a jedi-ish person then?

9. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Amidala is not a jedi in this film, no. But there are several female jedi in it, particularly in the big battle.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think they need to make a movie with Natalie Portman just walking around doing things. I would watch it. Come to think of it I would watch it again and again...

11. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

GOD DAM shes hot

13. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

There was this white outfit she wore in Clones -- i wanted to see her rip it off and shake her boobs real good and yell, "WOOO HOOO! LOOK AT THESE, BABY!"

And then Anakin struts up to her and commands, "Give me yo' ass!" and they make Luke and Leia.

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

yep that would be nice (falls over and starts gurgling on the floor)....

15. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

(Does so as well...)

16. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Harrison Ford

I agree… I think Harrison Ford was the biggest “X-Factor” in Episodes IV, V and VI. I'm not saying he was the only great thing in those movies but to me he is the best part.
    • He acted the part better than anybody else did theirs.
    • The character of Han Solo was the best written (IMHO).
    • Han provided for much of the comic relief and Ford has a great sense of comedic timing and sarcasm.
    • He was a great hero to root for.
    So I go see TPM and I'm thinking, "Does Lucas honestly think he can replace Harrison Ford with a CG character that talks like Stephanie Tanner from 'Full House?' " I mean, that's what each character is. Han was the wild card and we loved him for it. Jar Jar was the wild card in TPM, and we hate him for it. I just really think that a character of Han’s quality would have made a heckuva difference in Episodes I and II.

For me, the two most recent flicks are more of an "informational" escape rather than a true fantasy I can get lost in. The magic is seriously lacking in the Star Wars prequels.

Peace.

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i actully LOVED ep1 and hated ep2 because it was to humorese
    and the jedi were CRAPE, couldn't even detect a dart

18. Lykan Golden Sparkler Registered Senior Member

I found most of the C3PO jokes to be kinda lame. But other jokes were funny.

Harrison Ford is just such an awesome person who has so much natural charisma without even trying to be charismatic. Plus, most people generally seem to have an easy time identifying with him.

Stephanie Tanner from Full House... that's funny. LOL In some ways i guess Jar-Jar was a worthy experiment that went awry, it's just kinda unfortunate that George's first main character who is computer animated seemed made more for kids.

I'll bet if Natalie ripped her top off to expose her jiggling breasts and yelled, "Take me now, Anakin! Show me your Force!" most of the guys in the theater would stand up and cheer wildly.

A friend of mine said that he went to go see Rocky IV at the theater (the one where Rock fights the Russian) and during the final fight, some guy in the audience got so worked up that he stood up, raised his fist in the air and yelled, "Kick his ass, Rocky!"

19. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Stop it Lykan. You're getting us all too excited.

20. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

I agree with Goofyfish though, Ford was agood hero to root for. If it had just been Hammil as the hero the movies wouldn't be that great, maybe even kinda suck compared to the way they are now.

Indiana Jones Series is two million times better than Star Wars though!!!!!

21. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

22. kmguru Staff Member

I saw it in a super big screen. I had to look left and right to get all the details soak in. When it comes out in DVD, I have to pause or play several times to get all the action behind the central area. This one has lot more details and activities in the background than other starwars. The background floors, walls and scenery were super detailed. Extremely high quality work.

I just wish that Lucas could make the DVD a little more interactive so as to pan sideways or different angles (like planet of the apes) - when it comes out.

Pure entertainment...enjoyed it very much....

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think that Ewan Mcgreggor did a good job of trying to be the cool guy in the prequels, like Harrison Ford. He's just not as good though.