Atheists: Get A Life!!!!!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by madanthonywayne, Jan 20, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Seems very dog in the manger to me.

I don't believe in God so you should not celebrate your religion in public kinda thing.

I mean, what is this?

http://friendlyatheist.com/2008/03/04/mandatory-moment-of-silence-gutted/

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/2062443/posts

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=125160&catid=82

http://current.com/items/89637948/a...c_places_i_wondered_what_happened_to_them.htm

Nothing better to do? "Friendly athiest" indeed. Atheism should be renamed as "Sour Notism" or how to introduce a sour note in an otherwise happy occasion. The Debbie Downer of belief systems.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

^ Those all seem like better causes than the rape and molestation of young women and the murder of female family members that are caught kissing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Oh are atheists interested in those causes too? Or is it only frivolous lawsuits that make them tedious social companions?

Oh for heavens sakes!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

there are always people who take it too far with their ideas?
    is that something new? no. fanatics are to be found everywhere.
    humanity is unable to reach such a level of tolerance where people would stop caring what kind of words one is using in their speeches.

anyway why does religion need to be involved in politics? =S

btw, my god is rainbow coloured

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just harping on the cognitive dissonance of those who don't want other people to "impose their beliefs" going around imposing theirs.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Where ?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ugh?

http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.c...roup-sues-state-homeland-security-department/

11. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Every example you have given is one of atheists attempting to PREVENT someone else from imposing THEIR beliefs on them. It isn't an imposition of their "non belief", it is them asking you nutcases to stop forcing your superstition on the rest of society, especially children too young to know they are being brainwashed.

Please provide some examples of atheists going into churches or people's homes and trying to convince them that there is no god. THEN you will have a parallel for the bullshit that theists do daily.

Since you are one of the insane, you can not see or experience the hell it is for a non-believer to have other peoples fantasy shoved down your throat all day long. It is revolting and I fully support every case you have presented which attempts to end this nonsense.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What part of not imposing your ideology on other people is hard to fathom? Atheism per se is a negative movement. Anti-everything they don't agree with. Not pro-anything

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol

15. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

What is this thread? Stupid Trolling Fundamentalists United?
    We really should abbreviate that to S.T.F.U.

16. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

That's my point. You are whining and moaning in here about atheists forcing their opinions on people, but these cases are about the exact opposite.

You are being a hypocrite or you just aren't getting it. Most likely both.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not just atheists, but anyone that isn't a monotheist who should be worried about the endorsement of the idea of God as a matter of official policy. "So help me God" isn't a part of the oath of office, so why even include it? Why don't people care? ...Because it happens to coincide with their own religion, perhaps? What if it didn't?

I have since learned that the oath for Vice President does contain the phrase, "so help me God". This is especially ironic, since Jesus said to, "...take no oaths, let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no...".

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope they are not. In all the above examples which of the opinions are not atheistic?

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

What about the Italian case SAM listed where the atheists sought to ban baptism? What the fuck is that? That is, essentially, banning Christianity. Or the case trying to barr the boyscouts of America from public schools? That's complete bullshit. Or trying to ban nativity scenes? Again, atheists trying to prevent others from celebrating their faith. I liked the case SAM quoted where the atheists just put up their own sign saying there is no God. You want equal time or equal access to the public square, fine. But when you seek to barr someone from the public square or the public school based upon religious affiliation, that's wrong.
    Another example of the intolerance of atheists. We're trying to have a discussion about getting along, live and let live, yet it's constantly the atheists hurling insults. "You're insane!!! You're superstitous! You're revolting!" Really, your own words speak for themselves. Do you hear me calling you a heathen or a Godless SOB destined to burn in hell? Why can't you discuss the issue without insults? Why must you denigrate the beliefs of others? Are you that insecure about your own beliefs?

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No atheists ever tried to ban private nativity scenes. All religious accessories should be banned from any institution financed by taxpayer money because when you start to do that, you are officially sanctioning religion. This creates an atmosphere of religious freedom, because there is no official religion. Religious people, of all people, should realize this.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What if the majority of people are theists and like to spend their taxpayer money on such things?

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Then buy crap for their own homes!

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think atheists will make the world a dull and dreary place.

Nobody will be able to celebrate anything without upsetting them and having their dull signs and tedious lawsuits to inject misery in every happy occasion. :bawl:

Soon you'll have their miserable pronouncements overshadowing every festival, Christmas will become a commercial enterprise lacking any cheer, nativity scenes will disappear, churches will be abandoned and replaced with sterile ugly [but practical] buildings. It will become impossible to have a Santa in the store and choirs and carollers will be banned. No more Christmas lights, Easter baskets no more public adhans or Diwali crackers in public.

Everyone will be dull and practical and live like drones.

Everyone will be rationalised to death.