Atheist armageddon pet rescue

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by James R, Aug 28, 2009.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Catholics are not Evangelical (Born Again) Christians. Catholics are the mainstream, SAM.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

The truth concerning their motivation does not lie within you. You must lie to yourself to suppress it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Pets don't matter. Which is not to say it is ok to abuse any animal. if one has an animal under their ownership they should take care of it. But if taking care of it prevents one from caring for their fellow man then the pet should take second place. That should be common sense knowledge, but in these end times you will be amazed at the number of people who will cry at a news story of a sick or hurt animal but then switch off when they hear of a suffering or starving child. Some people will donate thousands of dollars to an animal rescue society but give nothing to a NGO that is helping desperate refugees.

I came to this realisation long before i became a Christian. It was a source of humour for me. Becoming a Christian made it offensive to me. I don't think it is funny now.

I agree with you here. Yeah they are being cheap. I am not here to defend the people who take out such a policy. But to me this a minor point in the over all scheme of things.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Ohhh don't stop there Add one more verse. Lets get a bit of context shall we.
    Lets add just 1 more verse.

Ecclesiastes 3
    19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  8. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Agreed.

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

They don't believe in the rapture. They believe whatever the designated authorities of the catholic church tell them to believe.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But you believe in the rapture? Why?

11. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Because it is revealed in the Bible. As a bible believing Christian i hold it as the Authority over and above any pope or reverend or preacher or any other pompous titled personages.

It is a major divide within what the world sees as Christianity. Those who place their trust in "religious professionals" and those who place their trust in the word of the Bible.

Now it is easy to just leave it all to the "religious professionals" you don't have to seek for yourself. All you have to do and believe is what the religious authorities tell you to do and believe, no need to read the big, hard to understand bible. Just go to the religious services the pro's tell you to go to and kneel/ bow and utter the same repetitious words every week and pay the dues expected of you and all will be ok. make sure the ticks outnumber the X's and you will have earned your place in eternity with God.

Now with people like that it is extremely hard to carry on any kind of bible based discussion because in the end they place their trust, and give Authority, not to the Word but to men (and recently woman) who are their designated leaders in religion.

Now with someone who places their trust in the Scripture. There is someone i can have a go at working on. That does not mean i am alway successful with them. Often i am not. But at lest i can have more hope entering into a discussion with them.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well that makes sense to me because I too do not rely on any religious authority except the Qur'an.

What chapters of the Bible deal with the rapture?

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

But just think how good it will be without the moran squad around. Free abortions for everyone!

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

What a pile of poop.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The last book of the bible: Revelation.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

If by nice people, you mean two bit hucksters and scam artists, then yeah. These atheists are great!

17. swarm Registered Senior Member

The really crazy one in the back. Its the one you'ld have to be completely insane to try and read literally.

18. Adstar Valued Senior Member

The Gospels. The letters of the Apostles. And the book of Revelation.

Matthew 24 , Mark 13 , Luke 17, 2 Thessalonians 2 and 1 Corrinthians 15.

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Where's the scam? Nobody is being dishonest here.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its not a legal scam, no.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what's the scam? :shrug: