Atheist armageddon pet rescue

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by James R, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Which is based on.. what exactly ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Have you read the book of Revelation? It doesn't sound hardly noticeable to me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Their interpretation of the bible.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Doesn't it say that true believers ascent to heaven or whatnot and that the rest will stay behind on Earth ?
    How many true believers are there ? I have some serious doubts about their numbers.

Most believers take Revelations symbolically.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't think the bible says that. I think the bible at least suggests the exact opposite actually, not sure though.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I'm not an expert, but I think that evangelical Christians believe that everybody who accepts Christ as his/her personal saviour qualifies as a true believer.

This is different from the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses (or is it the Seventh Day Adventists?) who say only 144,000 people get to be Raptured. And I think the bible supports that view, actually.

We're not talking about the Christian majority here. We're talking about the group of evangelicals that believes these are the End Times and Jesus's Second Coming will happen any year now. Just as the book of Genesis is literally true, so is the book of Revelation.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again." (Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 KJV)

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Easy enough to check.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Interesting. This directly contradicts Genesis, which explicitly says that man has dominion over all the animals because he is created in the image of God, separate from the non-human animals.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, how many people actually accept Christ as their savior nowadays ? How many people truly believe that ?
    I think they are a minority.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yep, and there is more

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I think a lot of evangelicals truly believe it. I think a large motivation is the need to feel special. If you have a personal relationship with Jesus, then that makes you quite special and different from those who do not.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

fuck i live in the deep south i could make millions of this

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't call that true belief. That's just a facade to fit in. Or out if fear.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Whats the evidence?

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I have taken note, and he's incorrect. Why would it be different for him than for you?

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

My impression of what evangelicals believe.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So its your belief about what evangelicals believe. They discuss the rapture of their pets with you? Or their special relationship with Jesus Christ?

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Yes. I said that clearly above:

It's only a few posts higher up. Try to keep up, SAM.

No, but I know that many of them believe that animals lack souls.

Oh yes. You betcha. They all want to talk about their special relationship with Jesus Christ.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You guys live in the strangest societies. I have had devout [almost daily church going] Catholic friends all my life and I never even heard of the rapture before sciforums.