Astrological Sign

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Orleander, Mar 3, 2009.

?

Do you believe in astrology?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2009.
  1. Yes

27.0%
  2. No

73.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I think your anticipation of what your friend is going to say has got more to do with the knowledge you have about that friends personality than with the moment he/she was born.
    In other words, you would have been just as scared if no one had ever made up star signs.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I have honestly never YELLED at a friend, I leave the yelling for my BF.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

LOL

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

This one catches on fast she(right..?) does.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

You still look like the french chick from lost.

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You said this before.... I have no idea who are you talking about I don't watch it. What character does she play?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  9. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Danielle Rousseau

But I don't see it. I don't think you look like that.

10. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

From what you know about me... what woud you say my sign is.???

Does that book have any practical value... an if so... what is it.???

Ive read trates associated wit Zodiac signs an each sign seems to fit me about as good as another... from what you know about me... what wooud you say my sign is.???

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

It's pretty clear my Aries symbol ties into my personality. what isn't so well definied are the other eccentricities I suffer !

12. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Well, since you aren't the real you and what I've read and experienced of you (even through the Redneck translator) I would venture a guess and say... Sagittarius. But I could be completely wrong, since your facade may mask who you are because it changes your language and accentuates a personality that is not your own. Not really fair, but it's a best guess based on the limited and skewed information that I have. Not that you will tell me if I am right because you aren't really straight forward with us anyway.

As for the book, it's just for entertainment value. There is no pratical purpose for it, it's just fun. I got it for 4.99 when a book store near me was closing.

13. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well you'r escuses for posibly bein rong soun reasonable... but do you realy thank you can tell a persons sign if you fully know the truth about them???... im guessin you thank you can an i thank such stuff is poppy-cock.!!!

I will tell you what my real sign is... which is Aqurious... an i woud like to hear you'r opinion (or anybody elses) of why you thank that sign fits me or not.!!!

I forget the reason i asked that queston... but it seems like it was because you insinuated that it was a very valuable insite to the true mysterys of Astrology... an i thank its mos practical use woud be as a door stop.!!!

14. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

No, to be quite honest I am not sure whether there is a science to it at all. There are a lot of coincidences though, and I'll leave myself sitting on the post between whether or not the alignment of the planets actually has some effect on our brain chemistry/polarity. I'm not convinced really either way, but I don't make up my mind either way without any data.

I think it usually only makes sense when you are right about someone's sun sign, otherwise it's just conjecture. But that's the art of astrology, isn't it? It's plausible explantions for right and wrong are very grey area. I suppose that's where the fun and entertainment lies, but it's not science... at least not any quantifiable science as of right now.

Hard to tell people on the internet. We are never what we really are, only a subjective projection of what we want people to see and that doesn't always include or exclude who we really are.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Niether do I. Shorty is way hotter.

16. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Lieb, do you know of any sites that tell you not only what sign you are, but what XX rising is attached?
    Meaning that I'm a Capricorn but am I Capricorn with Leo rising, etc.?
    I've read that those 'rising' addendums describe your personality in even more detail. Like for example, Cappy with Leo rising is a bit less humble and more assertive than Cappy with Aries rising or something like that.

17. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

My book does, but I can't find it. I am sure that my son took it to impress a girl or something.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Nuthin verifiable that i know of.!!!

It woud defy science if ther wasnt "lots" of coincidences.!!!

Well thers zero data that can verify that Astrology is anythang mor thatn non-sinse... so wit zero scientific evidence to suport Astrology... you thank its jus as likely to be true as not.!!!

So woud science have to prove that Astrology is non-sinse to get you off the fence.???

How bout this... thers no scientific evidence that a pink elephant lives in my shirt pocket... but do you give it a 50-50 chance that a pink elephant realy does live in my shirt pocket.???

I have no idea what a sun sign is... but it smells like bologna to me

If Astrology actualy was anythang mor than entertainment an a way of doopin the gullible out of ther money... its never been scientificaly demonstrated that i know of.!!!

Id say that guessin somones sign from internet informaton woud be jus as accurate as guessin somones sign that you have known all you'r life... which woud be no grater than chance woud predict.!!!

About 8 year ago in a webtv groop... this guy said at parties he was about 95% accurate at guessin peoples signs... an hes jus a acurate at guessin internet frinds signs... well... he guessed the sign of 5 of us an was 100% rong... lol.!!!

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Being a smart arse I answered yes to the question posed in poll.
    It's a fact.
    Anybody want to dispute that?
    Think carefully before answering...

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I'm a Scorpio.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Dispute that you are a smart arse? Nope, I will agree to that! :thumbsup:

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

In point of fact my arse is cute, it's other parts of me that are really smart

23. theobserver is a simple guy... Registered Senior Member

http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal

chk your chart there.

then dont read the descriptions. Its always meant to be interpreted by a human being not a computer. else you would find a lot of contradictions.

Then first things first. Read about your sun sign.
    http://mizian.com.ne.kr/englishwiz/library/names/zodiac/contents.htm

thats the online copy of linda good mans sun signs. If there is one person who know you real good, then its always you. And that you would hate to hear negative things about yourself. So brace yourself and dont allow yourself to get defensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.