Artificial Structures on Mercury

Not sure what ya pointing at...

If its the pyramid structure here's a theory...

huge dome

I dont know scale of image but

1) It doesn't look like it belongs there

2) It must be gigantic

3) I think its clearly artificially dome shaped, with a rectangular thingy on top
4) All those websites that post planet anomolies don't even list mercury

Last edited:
Re: huge dome

Originally posted by fluid1959
I dont know scale of image but

1) It doesn't look like it belongs there

2) It must be gigantic

3) I think its clearly artificially dome shaped, with a rectangular thingy on top
4) All those websites that post planet anomolies don't even list mercury

Looks like a crater...that's all. I think you're looking too much into those shadows. What looks dome to you looks like a bottom of a crater with a small peak to the left of it. I don't see why you think it doesn't belong there. I don't even see any rectangle on top.

Yep, looks like a crater to me. In fact, it looks like several, with one perhaps inside another, or a deep one with a crest that has collapsed.

Dome. What an imagination!

Excellent find fluid1959

i messed about with hthe image in photoshop (brightening it), and there is definetly a symetrical structure on the crater/dome....

very strange are there any other images of that area of mercuary????

Rorschach Inkblot Test

Thank you starone

I was wondering if maybe others aren't getting same resolution as me as most here claim they see nothing. Like it's a Rorschach Inkblot Test ( also I see a square like castle ruin shape around it with a very high point on the ^ north side. Also you will notice my jpg is a higher resolution than NASA's, I didnt alter anything.

Sorry fluid, I've looked at the image from 100% to 1600% zoom, and I can't see anything like what you're claiming. It's a bunch of craters at 100%. At 1600%, it's a bunch of pixels, and I don't see anything mysterious in between.

Poor Mercury! I have never seen such a battered planet. No sea of tranquility there: every square meter is part of some crater. Amazing photos. Are these from Hubble?

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Poor Mercury! I have never seen such a battered planet. No sea of tranquility there: every square meter is part of some crater. Amazing photos. Are these from Hubble?

Nope, Mariner 10; the first and only probe to visit Mercury.

Hubble can't look towards the sun because it's too bright.

Originally posted by blackholesun
Nope, Mariner 10; the first and only probe to visit Mercury.

Hubble can't look towards the sun because it's too bright.
Do they use Hubble to take these kinds of images, by which I mean built up of many smaller shots?

Did Mariner also go to Venus since it is also closer to the sun than us? Did it end up crashing and burning on the sun?

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Do they use Hubble to take these kinds of images, by which I mean built up of many smaller shots?

Did Mariner also go to Venus since it is also closer to the sun than us? Did it end up crashing and burning on the sun?

The hubble builds up a "scene" so to speak by taking multiple pitctures and putting them into one big collage. To map a surface most space probes do the same thing.

Mariner did a flyby of Venus before heading off to Mercury. And as for as I know they let it drift after it ran out of attitude-control gas. If it did give in to the sun, it would have vaporized well before it even reached the outer "surface" of the sun.

I don't see anything unusual there, just more craters. Even if there were something unusual it'd be pretty much imposable to tell for sure with such low res images. Looking for a "structure" on that torn surface, with a picture of that size really is just like one of those inkblot tests, or looking at clouds, you can see what you want if you try hard enough, but that doesn't mean it's there.

Originally posted by fluid1959
It work take approx 135 hubble phot's to "mosaic" the moon
Once they got the problem solved, Hubble became an awsome scope indeed, judging from the occasional pictures I see. I am interested to find out it can do this kind of "mosaic" work as well. I just bought a small telescope (114mm) and finding out just how much trouble slight overcast, city lights, atmoshperic shimmerings etc., cause I see first hand why they were so eager to put a scope outside the atmoshere.

it looks like normal overlaping craters to me, will wait tell the messanger space probe gets there I guess to know the truth. :rolleyes:

Back