Ark of the Covenant

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Medicine*Woman, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Yorda Registered Senior Member

The Ark of the Covenant is one of the things in the Bible that is not metaphorical, it was pretty much exactly as it was described as. A kind of "battery" which could be charged with energy ("God") that could do amazing things. it could only be charged by holy people like moses or jesus, so even if it still existed, it wouldn't matter because it's run out of energy and there is nobody who can recharge it.

Everything in myths can't be explained with astrotheology, they're more than just astrology. For example, how does astrotheology explain the powers of the Ark? Why does it divide the Jordan river and other weird things?

It's very obvious that there is a lot of astrology in the Bible (and other religious books and myths). For example Jesus' 12 followers, 12 tribes, etc. represent the 12 constellations. however, just because there is astrology in the bible doesn't mean that none of the events and characters didn't exist. an event can be told both metaphorically and astrologically and still be true.

for example, moses did actually divide the red sea, but at the same time it can be a metaphor: http://www.theosophical.ca/RedSea.htm

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

You people never watch Raiders of the lost ark??

The Egyptians took it...somewhere. They will probably find it, when they are able to do geological magnetic reasonance surveying. Can't wait.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invictus247 Registered Member

Paved with Love

On Earth as it is in Heaven ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:m:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

MW I personally like your posts and I also don't see this new age link.

8. Saquist Banned Banned

Sorry Madam the text begs to differ.
    As far as I understand, ma'am is that you've attributed, lies, conspiracy, hoax, and illusion to just about everything in the scriptural text. I could do the same with the writings of Benjamin Franklin but at the end of the day...we weren't there.

I appreciate your perspective but I trust the text as it is. It has a well supported history in my perspective.

Intresting. I'm not completely sure what allegorical means but if it's like metaphor then it does seem very symbolic to me.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

10. Saquist Banned Banned

Unlikely.

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Thanks for your comments. I don't believe there is a "New Age" connection, especially since the study of astro-theology is quite ancient.