Are you for or against spanking kids ?.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mike47, Aug 15, 2009.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Agreed.

I remember seeing a group of boys in my village playing outside. A dove accidentally flew into someone's window and knocked itself out. Their immediate reaction was 'Ooo, let's get a stick and kill it!' They tried to, but a girl took the dove off them.

Their parents were perfectly normal people with no abusive tendencies.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

This is why I would never let you be around my kids. Your anger level is disproportionate to the event.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mike47 Banned Banned

Usually the parents get the blame for what their kids do .
    I never met a bad parent yet but I saw many bad behaved kids around .
    The idea of blaming everything on the parents is absurd .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They are all over the news! Go to the welfare office and you'll see some. Hell, I bought food stamps from some so they could have cash for booze/smokes while their kids went without food.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Smacking someone so hard they fall and bruise themselves on the floor is not worthy of my high anger level?

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

you go straight for killing them, not hitting them back. You go straight for stabbing them, not leaving.

Your anger controls you, you don't control it and anger can get you killed. People need to rise above their situation, not sink to its level. I will never think its good advice to tell someone to get a knife and start stabbing until their body is done convulsing.

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I told her to use something with a metal edge, because since she's a female, she's most likely smaller than her father, and less able to fight back.

11. John99 Banned Banned

exactly. parents are human too so if a kid turns out really bad he should relate to it and say 'well my parent was going through a rough time'. this comes later, but sometimes it doesnt i guess.:shrug:

12. mike47 Banned Banned

I am lucky I never met people like that .
    Maybe because I do not socialize that much .
    Drugs, alcohol and even cigarettes made many people lose more than just their health .

13. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Well,
    I would say that between the ages of 4 and 12 the child when under discpline may just think they are in the fight of their lives, scared to the point where they wet their pants, about what happens when they commit a no no adventure. some may even hid under the bed at the roar of the head of the household as he strolls through the kingdom in search of the cookie jar radier.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

14. mike47 Banned Banned

Scared ?.
    You must be joking !.
    Parents are scared these days.....

Kids are not scared from their parents because they know they are their protectors .

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Does a "positive debate" mean agreeing to beat children? The fact is you really don't have a clue what you're talking about and you blame the children for the short comings of the parents.

16. mike47 Banned Banned

It takes two to mingle and two to fight ......:shrug: .

17. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Nah... at bes... spankin is jus a short-term quick-fix for ignerent over-stressed parents.!!!

If you'r to the pont that you have to hit you'r child to acheive desired behavior you'r alredy rackin up falures as a parent or you'r chid has mental an/or psychical "issues" that need professonal help.!!!

Like ive said befor... its bazzarr for me to even try an emagine bein hit by my parents... lol.!!!

18. BlindNsect Registered Member

Agreed

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

But, it only takes one idiot to hit their kids.

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Good lord... how long was the time out.???

21. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

5 minutes. They were 5, so experts say that the number of minutes should match the number of years. Granted the one that forgot has a minor learning disability. I couldn't sit there and watch the two them 100% so I guess it was my fault they didn't get anything out of their time out. I just told all of the kids, if I caught them doing something gross like that again, they would be in trouble. Keeping it vague seems to have worked for now until someone decides to test me.

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

A kid whos into lightin fires an beatin up siblings shud be las on the list of who shud be spanked... an as far as playin wit dead animals goes... thats jus somptin else i never got spanked for... lol.!!!

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I don't think that is 100% true. I was actually spanked only 3 times as a child and I only really remember one of those times, but after that I almost never got in trouble again. I was afraid I would get spanked if I didn't do as my mother said, so I always did what she said. When I got older my mother could just tell me to not do stuff and that would be the end of that. As a teenager I was never once punished because I never did anything that I needed to be punished for. A method she thought she could use with my brother until she found out he was nothing like me.

So spanking did have a long term fix for me, which led to me being conditioned to just obey my mother at her word even if I felt her rules were stupid and made no sense.

But all children are different so parents should find out what works best for their child, so that they don't have to punish them constantly, especially if it's for the same thing. If spanking and grounding and time outs just aren't working, then parents need to be creative, like my parents had to do with my brother who didn't respond to any of the conventional methods.