Are You A Quack?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by paddoboy, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

Magical Realist
    1- it's in south carolina: Shaw, Charleston, Parris Island and Ft. Jackson are all there, and then there is Atlanta, Charlotte and Nashville flight paths etc...

2- your pic looks like a shooped pic of the pic from the Huff post link. if ya gotta shoop it ....

3- the huffpost link could be multiple aircraft in formation, for all the visibility ... and your pic actually resembles a B2 bomber more than some UFO to me.

4- the huffpost links to the two separate pictures are both 404'ed

5- please remember the first letter "U" in UFO means "unidentified". arguing that because it is "Unidentified" then it must be "aliens" is called argument from ignorance, and that is spelled out in small words in the video i linked to you (the Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson video link)

ABSOLUTELY
    100 thumbs-up for you, and a bathtub full of beer, 'cause you nailed it

i actually have a very open mind - i'm very curious and i know there are things that just can't be explained by science at the moment. keywords: at the moment

and therein lies the rub for some folk because they believe so strongly and are willing to ignore evidence to the contrary, i am wrong for asking for evidence that isn't subjective or that can be validated.

another thing i don't like is delusional people studying a subjective art trying to tell me that 1+1=11 and that it's empirical evidence proving math/science wrong because 1 and 1 put together is how one writes 11, therefore this proves the fallibility of the system ... not naming names

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The devil's in the details:

"A Greenville County, SC, witness report that includes two photos of a hovering triangle UFO was closed as an Unknown, the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) announced February 11, 2014, in Case 51888.

The witness was traveling along Highway 29 from Greenville about midnight on October 27, 2013, when he noticed a “triangle-like object floating in the air.”

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

A comment worth considering by another in another thread re MR
    It appears the crank/quack cap most certainly does fit.

Truck Captain Stumpy likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The better and handier the cameras got, the fewer the alien visitations became, the better the Yetis and Sasquatch and Nac Mac Feegle got at hiding.

You know for a fact they are all and always smarter and quicker than humans, because unlike humans they never get hit by cars or trains, caught by fires, killed by flash floods or lightning, even found by dogs. Not even the kids. So we'll never find them.

I'm still holding out hope for finding a really big and spectacular sea monster, though.

And mermaids. I don't know much about the ocean depths, so it seems quite likely to me that krakens and leviathans and beautiful seawomen with no clothes on could be swimming around undiscovered by the puny efforts of modern science.

Xelasnave.1947 and Daecon like this.
  8. billvon Valued Senior Member

Here is a perfectly circular UFO hovering in the air:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Try smoke ring...

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

11. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

Looks like it was the 1/2hr argument.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

of course, maybe the increase you think you see is also because of the increased availability of the internet, media and social sharing platforms?

you know, like the increased availability of worldwide news ... it can affect perceptions about a lot of things.

this could also have a LOT to do with it:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Fake-UFO-Picture

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/hotshots/2003_01_17/

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Fake-A-UFO-Picture/

http://www.wikihow.com/Photoshop-UFOs-Into-a-Picture

hell, my Photo-software has an "Insert UFO" button/app on it!
    LMFAO

what i find most interesting is that you're actually validating the study i linked - "The Role of Conspiracist Ideation and Worldviews in Predicting Rejection of Science"

paddoboy likes this.
  13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

UFO? OR ISRSM*?

*Identified Slowly-Rising Smoke-Ring

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Both! And until MagicRealist can refute my claim that it is a UFO, it will remain one.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

There are almost 3 billion smart phones in-use today.
    They are carried 24/7 by virtually all users.
    They take one second to set up.
    They have capacious memory. No "ran out of film" errors.
    They are very hi-rez. And motion.

The cumulative window of opportunity for pics for a single week in 2016 should exceed the cumulative window of opportunity for the previous 50 years put together.

We should be literally knee-deep in pictures. And not blurry, black & white - high quality motion.

Again - knee deep.

Now, I am not of unusually tall stature, but 78 pictures does not quite come up to even my knees.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

How do you know? UFO's don't appear that often. And by the time you see it, you don't have time to point your phone at it to take a picture. 78 good photos is about right.Not to mention the thousands we don't know about.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Is there something that makes you so gullible?

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'm so skeptical I don't believe in the skeptics. I think deep down they wanna believe so bad they can't keep from talking about it. It is what makes their boring little world of textbook science exciting again---to have a real unknown frontier to explore again.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Beer w/Straw likes this.
  20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I still think you're a quack, but I liked your comment.

21. billvon Valued Senior Member

I think it's mainly his ignorance. When what you don't know is vast, almost anything can seem like it makes sense.

Which is one reason that religions flowered so rapidly during our early history - when you don't know how eclipses can happen, "God did it" seems more reasonable.

paddoboy likes this.
  22. Truck Captain Stumpy The Right Honourable Reverend Truck Captain Valued Senior Member

because if you actually crunch the numbers and consider the internet and ability to access and post media, then the numbers should be considerably higher than 9000 daily, especially considering the population surrounding the "mass sightings" you've already stated must be real despite any actual evidence (other than the shooped photo's, that is)
    Yup - especially to a social animal with a need to feel a belonging

put a touch of desire to stand apart from their peers, the fact that mommy always said (s)he was special and the need to feel superior

plus the human need to have answers and the seeking of patterns, real or imagined

put this into someone who truly doesn't comprehend how ignorant they really are (Dunning-Kruger) and give them access to the internet where they can easily confirm every bias they ever had, and find support from others who share the same delusion

touch it up with the anonymity of the internet and...

one half-baked ready to troll conspiracist nutjob with ADHD, no evidence and a desire to be famous

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Even at this present stage, and on this forum, we have people with that affliction: While it is obvious that science, particularly cosmology has pushed the need for any deity into oblivion, they see it as their duty as directed by their Overlords, to attempt to deride, and deny near all 21st century cosmology, without giving any scientific alternative, thereby suggesting their "god of the gaps" mythical solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.