Are Women Feminizing Men?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by seagypsy, Aug 17, 2012.

1. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member

Quite honestly, I think the ideal man is comfortable somewhere between his Mother's genes and his Dad's genes. I mean face it, we are not products of two men and yet many man act out and posture as if they were. I mean, manliness has gotten so over the top and out of hand. I think it would be better off if this tendency toward more aggression than women we men have would be better off if was bred out of the gene pool. It tends us the use violence as a solution for everything.

We should recognize we are always going to be the product of both a male and a female and it follows that it would be more real to honor both our masculine and feminine traits, not just suppress the feminine ones as we do because society has filled our brains with male posturing BS.

There would probably be a lot less wars and people killed from aggression if you took male aggression out of the human equation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LaurieAG Registered Senior Member

Hi cosmictotem,

Have you ever read the contemporary greek accounts of the expeditions of Herakles and others against the Amazons?

You have to watch out that the pendulum does not swing too far, for the childrens sake.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member

Swing too far where, LaurieAG? Never read the expeditions of Herakles. If you're worried about children becoming too feminized I think that would be a lot of a problem than them becoming overly aggressive as they are today. Masculinity is a sliding scale and I think our conception of what's "too far" is obviously influenced by what we have now, which really is not a proper model since we are still killing each other. So it follows we will be closer to the ideal male (and female) when we've stopped all this aggression toward each other. And whatever that is, whether it's effeminate intellectual by today's standards or whatever, we would be wise to adjust our standard of maleness to reflect that less violent model than to return to the dark ages we are in now.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.