Are those who study the theory of relativity crazy?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by TonyYuan, Oct 12, 2023.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Tony:
    You're unable (or unwilling) to explain what you meant? Okay. I'm not surprised.
    Yes. We know that Newton was wrong. We have, for instance, detected gravitational waves.
    Is it relevant to what we have been discussing?

Did you read my post #33, above? Is there something there that you didn't understand?
    Why don't you tell us?

Here's a link to some of the relevant maths. You can do the calculation yourself and tell us your result:

Riemann curvature tensor
    Don't tell lies, Tony!
    Yes. Without correcting for time dilation effects, the GPS system would not be able to locate objects on the Earth with the accuracy that it demonstrably has.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: TonyYuan has been warned for trolling, and for attempting to insult other members of this forum. (see post #56 for the most obvious example, but really the entire thread is a fairly obvious attempt at trolling).

Due to accumulated warning points, TonyYuan has managed to get himself permanently banned from sciforums.

origin, Pinball1970 and exchemist like this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

This is incorrect. Just one more error from Tony, on his way out. And to think: if he had kept an eye on his warning points he might have been able to stay here long enough to learn a thing or two. But his urge to troll was just too powerful, apparently.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Nah, he never showed the remotest interest in learning anything, from the time he joined. But there were times, in some of the earlier exchanges, when some science could be discussed for the benefit of other readers at least. That stopped when he started making it a personal crusade to throw custard pies at Einstein and anyone who knew any physics.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyway, thank God that's over!

Pinball1970 likes this.
  8. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

Was post 56 removed? I wanted to see the straw.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No, it wasn't removed. Scroll up.

10. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

By
    Quite a few missing that is just one of them. I will try my desk top when I am in work.

11. Pinball1970 Valued Senior Member

Thats weird, if I go on the site but so not log in I can see the missing posts (44-6, 52-54, 56 and 56-80)
    if I log in I cannot see them.
    No matter I have read them now.

12. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Did you put someone on Ignore?