Are there any reason for the creation of the universe?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Nicx, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Holy crap. I never responded here?! I thought you just weren't posting!

I'll get to this, Quantum Quack. Right now, in fact.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Quantum Quack:

And the state of being would contain the thought we were referencing?

And every moment adds another card to the deck?

Is this correction akin to going "wait a second....how could I get in the car to go to McDonalds AFTER I was all ready there?!"?

Is this because all distance requires a relational observation?

Yere if something cannot have distance, why is it that this illusion pops up? Moreover, why are things not infinitely close to one another, or even dissolved into a homogenous, contradictory mass?

So it is only the subjective that makes us alive and different from rocks, as it were?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Prince James,

Yes, but do realise that the ability to remember has infinite potential and is very dependent on how you use your imagination to make yuor enquiry.

For example you may not wish to remeber directly how much your leg hurt when you want to remember what you thought about the girl walking by in the street after you pulled yourself out of a small car accident.

So the mind has the ability to be very selective and this shows in many ways in peoples ability to selectively remember events and relationship issues etc. The problem is in the knowing that you are being selective in the first place, to avoid self deception.

Say we take a simple memory of 4 picture cards and we stack them on top of each other the 5th card and the top card is black.

[Actually this leads to an amusing yet sad way in which I learned to get a little sleep. Insomnia was a real problem as my mind was always invarianble bright or visual similar to normal sight. So sleeping was a real problem not to mention exhaustion and distraction. So I suppose I just got clever and learned how to imagine or visualise blackness or darkness or nothing again....imagining the non-colour black saved my arse .....ha......]

Ok back to the cards.....you now have 5 cards 4 of them in a sequence under a black card.

How is it you can remember the sequence and also what the cards contain in their pictures, with out spreading them?

The mind can in a sub visual way actually see those cards looking at the cards in sequence and depending on skill and emotional aspects sift through the various cards for the information wanted. As if the cards on top pose no barrier.

OK how many cards could be stacked on top of each other? And what limits the ability to read any of those cards with out spreading the stack of infinite cards?

Exactly the desire to spread the deck is what limits the ability. We struggle with preconception of our own limitations and how other people have failed, in other words we emmulate other peoples failures. WE have a tendancy to guess instead of see....If you find yourself guessing you have a problemo...

WE instinctively want to spread the deck and that instinctive response needs to be re-configured before access to the unspread deck is fully available...Of course as stated another hinderance is the emotional side of things and that is even more difficult to re-configure.

That is my assessment yes.....in this sense the universe is actually a sort of strange 2 dimensional entity when considering that time or the NOW has zero duration.

Do you see how the universe can be seen as pseudo 2 dimensional in this sense when using time itself as one of those dimensions and being given the value of zero? [ not easy either by the way.....and even harder to explain.....]

Yes but use a better example......you are using logic to determine sequence and not memory itself.

I said the number one before I said the number one a second time 40 minutes later [ the sun was in a different position and different people were in the room when I said it a second time with out changing the seat I was sitting in...]...which "one" am I remembering?
    Your mind senses a contradiction and instinctively a warning bell comes into the mind and you realise that their is a sequential problem, after thinking a while you correct the error and the warnng bell stops. It is when people stop listenting to the self checking system and "warning bells" that degradation of the memory and self can occur. Leading to more subjectivity entering the thinking stream without realising it....eventually in serious cases this can lead to mental failiure, a scambled sense of self identity and ultimately death.

Think...mental hygene !

Distance is a subjective observation.....

If I show you a bit of space with out any mass in it what are the dimensions of that space?
    What are you measuring and with what are you measuring it with?

I think in the movie "I Robot" the holographic image says "Now that´s the right question"..... have yet to find out......if I did the Nobel would be a small token of esteem....

I do have some theories about it, how a zero dimension can be expanded into 4 but am looking for observable evidence that would support the contention. At present it is the fact that solar cell efficiency is less than 50% [ around 33% curently] that has my interest. [50% would be maximum ( premised on current erronous held scientific belief 50% in my view would be actually 100%) yet maintaining dimensional integrity anything higher would require dimensional collapse]
    You may recall our discussions on the instantaneously circular reflective logic in place, when describing existance? Well this applies very much to the answer to this question.

Yes and no.....we create [ think ] subjectively about what we remember objectively [ even if that memory is of a subjective creation]

I have created this post [ subejctive creation ] but now I am editing that objective memory [ using edit ] but doing so in a subjective manner. If I choose to edit the objective result the cycle of subjective/objective continues.sort of thing....even if objective meaning is not sharable the post still remains on the board the inability to share the posts meaning properly or in an objective manner is merely our subjective interpretations getting in the way.

It is our ability to create [ especially animated movement ] that provides the greatest distinction IMO. A rock can not create anything and of course nor can it create it´s own movement. The act of thinking is an act of movement or animation in this context

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

A part of what I call mirror therapy shows this subjective objective relationship reasonably well I think....

You are sitting in front of a mirror, do you see yourself or what you think is your self?

Subjectively
    Q: What do you see?
    A: I see a really sick, fat, bald man wearing a red t-shirt smoking those damn filthy, relationship destroying cigarettes....ha

or
    more objectively

A: I see just me.....
    Q: What is me?
    A: Me is what I see....

[the word "see" should actually be "sense" but "see" sounds better and as all senses end up "visual" or imaginary any way, as everything is ultimately an imagination that has laws and rules due to it´s shared reflective nature]

BTW to get from subjective assessment to quiet objective assessment is almost impossible. Our need to placate our natural vanity [ suffering of ego] in the opinions of others is a hugely conditioned and natural part of reflective reasoning.
    I am a fat bald man is purely a relative and subjective concept based on others opinions and therefore my own. So reconfiguring other peoples reflections in my own mirror, is a part of the journey.

After a while you realise that even as you walk down the street everything is reflecting you, sure you can´t see yourself as you would with a glass mirror but in a sub-visual sense your reflection is everywhere, apply infinitey and you realise that is is universal.

A: I see a human being....
    Q: What is a human being?
    A: One of approx. 8 billion people upon the planet Earth.....
    Q: So what do you see?
    A: The compound effect of 8 billion people and the planet Earth
    A: I see me....

A: I see an enity that exists in a universe....
    A: The compound effect of what is universe...
    A: I see me.......

The philosophical question about how being a part of a universe imparts or effects our sense of humanity is an interesting one.....

Can you follow the reasoning behind this somewhat silly bit of over simplified explaining.....?

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

It is sort of like this IMO.

The actual objective reality is a state of absolute perfection of reflection, exactly like a rock and the ground it rests upon. The weight of the rock pushes down and the ground of course counters that push by pushing up, thus the rock and the ground are non-moving relative to each other.

So we have a perfect reflective relationship between a rock and another rock for example. Side by side each rock is reflecting the other within its structure.

Now along comes a human with the ability to distort this perfection by attempting to change that reflection by changing himself and the world around him.
    Of course the reflection will always maintain integrity and thus suffering is generated by the desire to change the mirror exceeds the immediate capacity to do so. This is the suffering of desire. Desire to effect change on something that is impossible to change instantanously but takes time. So living is actually sufferiing. As we are no longer have the reality of objective and perfect reflections. We now have the distortion caused by our suffering of ego but with the trade off of having identity other than the innate reflection that actually exists.

"....desire is always unrequited until fulfilled....thus desire is suffering as once the desire is requited or fulfilled it is no longer desire and therefore no longer inspiring suffering...."

So our sense of self and identity is an illusion manifested by our desire to change the reflection, and as it can not in reality be changed immediatey we suffer accordingly until it does change as per desire which in turn is the cost or price of self awareness.

In physics this is analoguous with inertia. Our suffering of self hood is in fact our resistance to change and our desire to change....beyond that which is immediately and currently innate [ instinctive ]

IMO inertia in physics is essentially the immutable nature of energy, it´s speed and it´s inability to be anything other than what it is.

IMO this energy is analoguous to the nature of light. So energy has an immutable speed of ´c´ and because ´c´is totally rigid we have inertia, time dilation and length contraction when we attempt to accellerate an object or change the mirror.

see thread
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=59877

We are also made of energy that is immutable and there fore we stuff about with time and dimensions all the time as part of having a state of self hood. [Desire to effect change beyond what is already changing.]

The reflection is innately changing all the time but we wish to change it in different ways.

To shut your eyes and just flow is to be passive totally to the innate change but as soon as you start to think, you are attempting to be pro-active regarding change and this has the immediate reflected effect of inspiring sufferance. [ because you are pushing against inertia] thus suffering is what living is all about, and can not be avoided if one wishes to stay alive.

Therfore suffering could be considered as conscious trauma induced by time dilation effects, therefore "pain " is essentially our desire to heal when healing may not be possible and to heal faster than our bodies can. And pleasure is the fulfillment of that desire.

In my early days of recovery I labeled this pheno as TCT or Time Conscious Trauma

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Just to let the board know I will be unable to post for about 5 days due to serious holiday issues in Rio De Janeiro.....ha...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!