Are sonic booms a crime ?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Mr.Spock, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

fire rockets?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How many of the 1.5 million do you see fighting?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

well the people of sderot dont fight yet you support their killing, including the suicide bomb in dimona, because of the poor palestinians.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

US citizens like Mexicans?
    I don't think this passes.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Lets say you keep birds in a cage. There are many many other birds in that cage. You make sonic booms, deprive the bird of food, poke sticks and kill the birds with a shotgun if they look aggressive ( and a few other birds besides because you cannot control where the pellets go). You tortured the baby birds by occasionally breaking an arm or a leg or stamping on their chests. One day, a bird gets out and upon seeing your kid, attacks the kid's face and pokes out the kids eye. Whats the solution to this problem?

9. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

well maybe if the birds didnt fire in the first place because thats the only way they think theyll get what they want, they wouldn't be locked up?

they wont get any sympathy from me. if i wil die theyll dance on my grave, so screw them. i dont owe them anything.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Locking up people, depriving them of food and other necessities, is never going to achieve anything but resentment and hatred.

Oppressing them into trauma with sonic booms ( a completely pointless and unnecessary exercise) will achieve nothing.

11. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

they already hate us, and every time we are trying to help them we get dead bodies, and a UN condemnation, and every liberal media tool explaining to the world how it is our fault.

so yeah, let them hate us, im sure firing rockets every day will help their food supply. i dont care.

12. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

The Palestinians hate the vulcans. You have your own planet. I can't see the conflict. Did you take that planet from the Palestinians?

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It does, in my neighborhood. The rednecks I work with, even the ones who want to break out the cattle cars and start serious deportations, actually like Mexicans - and Guatemalans, etc, whom they lump in. Hard workers, only thieve occasionally and for comprehensible reasons with reasonable means, father stays with the family, send money home, etc etc. -

Sonic booms from the Minot base were a feature of my childhood. They cause damage which can accumulate over time, to health and physical structures - the Air Force has always had problems with them, civilian complaints. If they were employed at night for deliberate harassment, they would be a serious matter.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Perhaps if Israel hadn't a history of behaving like a nation of war criminals, it would be a bit easier to sympathize. If the Palestinians are such horrible terrorists, why does Israel go out of their way to legitimize them?

Maybe if a murderer of women and children hadn't been elevated to the Israeli executive, it would be easier to take the notion of Israel as a nation of peace seriously. Perhaps if the Israelis gave a damn about justice, it would be easier to understand priggish behavior. Hell, perhaps if that priggish behavior was only occasional, it would be easier to understand.

But no. Israel acts as if they want a constant state of war. And why not? Because of their American shepherds, they are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.

And so they end up getting exactly what they want.

Poor freakin' Israel.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Tiassa if you want favor from our politicians that Israel enjoys, just funnel more money than the Israel lobby funnels to them. They are openly avaialable to the highest bidder. They certinaly do not represent the American people.

16. Bells Staff Member

The fact that you can react this way about how the children are suffering from it, says a lot.

Amazing how you can take pride in an activity that causes so much pain, stress and psychological damage to small children, just because those children happen to be Palestinian. And then you wonder why those children might grow up hating and wanting to kill you?

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is a very strange thing to see that the leaders only want to attack others instead of addressing their own personal citizens concerns about food and water before spending so much money on weapons and corruption by those same leaders.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

After sixty years of occupation and daily military insurgencies that don't differentiate between women, children and elderly, its kinda hard to ignore the fact that you need to be alive to eat. Consider it as living in a ghetto patrolled by armed gangs that don't care who they shoot, or when or where or why. And no way out. And the fear that any night there could be a knock on the door, or hey maybe they won't even bother to knock.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Try not killing Israelis for a change.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

2007:

Palestinians killed: 373 (290 in Gaza)

Israelis killed: 13

Details:

http://www.imemc.org/article/52159

21. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

I'm glad to hear about your neighborhood. I like hearing hopeful things. One way I look at this is how people's parents would react if their adult child came back from Mexico with a boy/girlfriend (Mexican) who they said they were going to marry.

I know that a lot of the parents in the neighborhoods I have lived in would shit their pants for racist reasons.

But I was glad to hear your experience.