Are scientists always trustworthy? Should we believe everything they say?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Happeh, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Anomalous Banned Banned

U humans are not worth living anymore http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=52065

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Yes, I believe you have said that before. Anything new to tell us, master alien?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Is it just me CH, or is he getting boring? Crazy is OK. Crazy is good, but boring?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Light Registered Senior Member

And just how do you plan on pulling THAT off? By boring us to death with your mindless drivel?

(With credit to Ophiolite for correctly pinpointing how boring Anom really is.)

8. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Anomalous,

I am well aware of 9/11 conspiracy theories and the arguments behind them.
    It may surprise you to learn that I also do not accept the official explaination - there are many things about that day that need to be explained, i suspect at the very LEAST a cover up.
    There are a lot of questions that need answering about 9/11.

However, my question was regarding where you got the number 4400 from, and i didn't find that number on any of those pages.

There are also many people on the internet who talk about conspiracy theories about 9/11, and then go and make everyone who questions 9/11 look like a dickhead, by talking about the lizard men or some other ridiculous bullshit.

They come and say some shit about holograms and lizard men and illuminati and make every critical thinking person who refuses to accept those towers "collapsed" - look like a moron by association.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Interesting observations Huwy, though my general take on conspiracies is that behind every alleged one lies an ocean of incompetence, malfeasance and indifference.

10. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

Which is what you've just admitted to, is the other side of the issue - that most people will go "ARRG!! conspiracy theory!" and just blow it off, because of all the bullshit conspiracy theories out there.

are you saying that conspiracies never happen?

people are well aware of the conspiracies hitler committed, well aware of the plans for "operation northwoods", the tuskegee syphilis project,
    well aware of the bombing of chile, the removal of their democratic government and the installation of PINOCHET....

"Behind EVERY alleged one"?? What except the ones that have been proven to have happened?

11. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I think I am saying something quite different, but obviously not saying it clearly enough.
    Conspiracy theories emerge, in my view, when there has been a screw up of some kind - more likely multiple screw ups. Cover ups fall into place, not co-ordinated from above by unseen puppet masters, but by the little guys near the coal face, trying to cover their butts.
    So each time I see a conspiracy theory I see underneath it exactly that kind of limited thinking; short term; small agenda; protecting a very small territory. Conspiracy theory would demand an expansive, long term, broad based approach. Rarely, I suggest, is that present.
    In relation to 911, from what I have read, there were some crap decisions made that day and likely earlier. Incompetence, etc, yes. But I do not see conspiracy.
    I have highlighted the key word in the sentence. I do not say there are no conspiracies: I say most are figments of imagination. Moreover, as you point out, fuss over imaginary conspiracies detracts from attention to real ones, and, I would add, the much more commonplace of a job poorly done.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

i have never heard of these.
    maybe i know them by a different name

13. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

The Tuskegee project was one of the worst examples of science (medical) going bad.

It should be noted that this was a government sponsored project, which does not excuse the medical personnel who took part in the project. A private organization would be subject to criminal action as well as being sued, although it took place in an era when a private organization might not have been prosecuted.

A large group of black men with syphilis were monitored by doctors but given no treatment. They were lied to about what was wrong with them to avoid their seeking treatment elsewhere.

The symptoms are usually painful, especially in the late stages of the disease after an early somewhat symptom free period.

The idea was to learn about the progress of the disease. These men were monitored for 20 or more years, many of them deteriorating into mental disorders and insanity, which often results from untreated syphilis.

This project became the cause of wide spread black distrust of the medical establishment, which has often resulted in blacks not seeking medical treatment for easily curable diseases.

It is not clear that racism was entirely responsible, although it was surely a factor. It is quite likely that the poverty & ignorance of the victims was the main reason for their becoming laboratory animals. I think they initially went to the facility for free medical services.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

i doubt that it is one of the worst
    the drug experiments of the 50s qualify as most hineous

thank god for second opinions eh?

15. Anomalous Banned Banned

Sorry but I have included a few dead American Soldiers who died thinking that muslims brought down WTCs, so they too are 9/11 vicitms and all thoes who voted Bush with 9/11 in mind, because its the Bush who did all that.

I dont know which lizardmen comics U are talking about; U Americans are not Dumb but U r made dumb by choking your media with illusions.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/911_firefighters.html
    Why is government silent on these issues ? Why should there be explosions, what was Bush's brother doing in WTC contracts before the attack ?

16. Anomalous Banned Banned

I hope U are aware that Bush's GrandFather was a Nazi and Bush senior was in CIA at the time of Kennedy murder.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Several flame-war posts have been deleted from this thread.

18. Anomalous Banned Banned

Thanks for not taking a shortcut of closing the thread, Mr. Dictator.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

what happened to sciscoop anomalous?
    did the posters there run your ass off?
    was you banned?

just why are you here if you hate it so bad?
    so you can moan and groan?
    you like hearing yourself flap?

out of all the posts i have read of yours i haven't seen anything intelligent.
    the fact that you are still here proves that james is not a dictater

20. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes, i know

+ Prescott Bush (father of George) made his fortune by financing the war effort of Adolph Hitler together with his banking partners and fellow "bonesmen" Averell and Roland Harriman. Prescott was stripped of his holdings in the Union Banking Corporation in 1942 under the "Trading with the Enemy Act".
    http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/bush.htm

Fritz Thyssen was an early financial supporter of Hitler, whose Nazi party Thyssen believed was preferable to communism. The documents do not show any evidence Bush directly aided that effort. His position with Union Banking never was a political issue for Bush, who was elected to the Senate from Connecticut in 1952.
    http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/101903I.shtml

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  21. Anomalous Banned Banned

I dont like being in Utopia, I like challanges, The inadequaces of SciForums can be used to thrash humans around, I enjoy it for they made me suffer for a very long time.

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

the posters ran you off

23. Anomalous Banned Banned

I hope U r aware that Bush and John Kerry were different sides of the same coin.