Are people inherently evil?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by ??!!?!?_particlename, Jun 19, 2002.

1. LColburn86 Registered Member

LMBO I do not know what kind of cracked out church you went to but i assure you NO i swear that my ever lasting soul be sent straight to hell that it doesnt say that anywhere in the bible. It even says we are children of god. Ur histarical. lol

Also I read about a physicist who conducted research on volenteeers. and he found that when shown pictures of grusome things at random itervals the brainwaves of the volenteers winced miliseconds before they actually saw the cards suggesting that the brain can sence the future. No one has uncovered any evidence proving( although you've stated science doesnt prove anything) that humans can see years into the future, although 60% of americans have experienced DeJa Vu in the past 10 years. That a big coinsidence. huh.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Presumably that's not a reply to me.
    But:
    Matthew 25:46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
    Matthew 13:41 "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather from his kingdom everything that causes sin as well as all lawbreakers. 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
    Revelations 21:8 "But to the cowards, unbelievers, detestable persons, murderers, the sexually immoral, and those who practice magic spells, idol worshippers, and all those who lie, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. That is the second death.”

Bet you can't give a source for that.
    I suggest that you possibly misread it.

Correct. Because seeing years into the future isn't possible. You can't prove impossible things.

Nope it's a non-sequitur. Deja vu isn't seeing into the future. And I'd suggest that far more than 60% of Americans (or anyone else) have experienced deja vu.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

I believe you are looking for the word Psychic researcher not physics researcher two completely unrelated and different fields of study. And I am guess you are a Jehovah's Witness from the 144000 bit as I have said I have come upon Door knocker like you before and lets just say they don't knock at my door any more.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. LColburn86 Registered Member

lol Jehovah's witness' are a different religion they altered the bible because they do not believe there is a holy spirit and that jesus is the son of God. That cant even be catagorized as christian.

PHYSICIST Brian Josephson- thought of the idea of seeing years into the future as well as across distances.

Proffessor Dick Bieman- Conducted experiments with the help of physicists because they believe time and space has something to do with brain reaction time.

8. LColburn86 Registered Member

Once again i said i have visions that some would call DeJa Vu's but I believe is something completely different. I said DeJa Vu was an example that everyday people experience things similar to these strange anomalies.

9. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

And your religion has not altered the Bible I was brought up Baptist which I find strange as my Heritage is Irish Catholic but any way neither of these religions can explain them selves and Both don't go preaching about the 144000 allowed to the party the only one I know of is the Jehovah's Witness.

10. LColburn86 Registered Member

dude its in revelation. no one is hidding it. Its just a topic that christians dont like to preach about because it scares people. They always preach about salvation not the end of times because 1. no one knows when that is. and 2. if your saved you dont nessisarily need to know the details of the distruction of the earth. though i would suggest reading it because its by far one of the most interesting books.

11. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

You forgot 3 THERE IS NO SAVING as you have cleared that up with the 144000 so again what is the point of it really it is a false hope at best.

12. LColburn86 Registered Member

Okay if i had to estimate EXACTLY how many people have been saved I would have to tell you its ove 100 million people in the entire history of man. Plus in one day-144,000people. does that make more sence since i have stated a number. though it is not accurate.

13. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

No as you have mentioned only the 144000 are the chosen ones so what happens to the rest they get the boot.

14. LColburn86 Registered Member

no such thing as a false hope when it comes to christianity, because everyone has the ability to be saved.

15. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

But it cannot be proven by anyone as they are Dead. so yes it is a false hope or better yet a Lye.

16. LColburn86 Registered Member

I dont know how i can explain this any simpler to you. That is the last people who are saved. Eventually, there has to be a last person. This is not a person God chooses and then just shuts the gate. As long as there are people willing to be saved, they will be saved. There is no limited housing in heaven. Heaven is the Kingdom God lives in. after the Judgement Heaven will come to Earth and and the whole earth with be only for Saved people as there will be no sin on the earth or in Heaven. Because once we are saved we lose the ability to sin. as we have new bodies and will not desire to sin in any way.

17. LColburn86 Registered Member

A false hope means there is no possibility of Hope. There is a possibility. We have hope.

18. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Yes it is you said so yourself dude these are the only ones that are invited to the Party and they are likely to be Kids. So far I am thinking that God is not only a liar he is like a pedophile as well. The is if it exists anyway.

19. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

No thee is not there is no possible way that anything you have said is true hence a false hope.

20. LColburn86 Registered Member

okay Happy turkey day otta go make food. Have a goodnight and maybe we can pick this up tomarrow. Your kewl reaper, i just dont agree.

21. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Mod Hat;

Firstly, lets try and stay away from thread necromancy....

Secondly, the thread topic is concerned with the moral nature of humanity; this doesn't necessarily mean we are discussing god, or religion. Keep to the scope of the topic people...

22. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Thank you to the Mod for clearing that up and No people are not inherently evil as I stated before. A person consists of their personal experience's and chose they make on information presented to them at any one given time.

23. Deftwun Registered Member

Googled this topic and found this thread. Truly a question that will never be answered. This thread went on for 7 years... great forum.