Are people inherently evil?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by ??!!?!?_particlename, Jun 19, 2002.

1. LColburn86 Registered Member

I assumed nothing. I summized to you a 1000+ page book in under 5 small paragraphs.

I may be sooo wrong, but I thought inherently means it is a part of you. yes?
    Not trying to be smart. but if you do both aren't you both?
    and we weren't always both. we were once only good.
    we chose to be evil.
    You can stop breathing if you want to, doesn't mean your nature is not to breath.
    Once we chose to do an act of evil, from that moment on evil was our nature.
    My example wasn't to offend you, though you should be so high and mighty that I cant use underwear as an example.
    And if everything we do from the time we are born is thrive toward learning and understanding doesnt that mean that our very fiber is intelectual?
    though i agree logic and intelligence are two different things, i think i make a good point.
    If you want to argue over something fun I'd like for you to try to explain how believing in God is not logical. if u have sum time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Correction: as stated you assumed that god actually exists and that the bible is the truth.

We can choose to be evil and we can choose to be good, depending on circumstances and conditions (and mood etc).
    We can be evil one day and good the next.

Nonsense.

The only offensive thing about your posts is the sloppy thinking and assumptions involved that are taken as fact.

I'm not even sure this is English, but I'll give it a go -
    We don't strive toward learning and understanding with everything we do. Sometimes we just enjoy ourselves, or get on with life.

Not really.

Try the many threads we have that show perfectly why god isn't logical.
    For a start why stop at god? What created him? What created whatever created THAT?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. LColburn86 Registered Member

I stopped at trying to figure out what created God because to be God his nature is to be the highest amoung high. He is called the King of kings and Lord of lords. He IS God, what else could create God but God. He has no need to be created. He simply is.

I'm sorry, but the way you present the word assume just seems like you mean I'm not sure. I'm telling you I am sure. Its a dead argument because nearth side can prove what the reality is. I could easily say that YOU assume God doesn't exist and we would both be right.

And as far as strive? Come on... I mean Come on. grammer? really? From the time we are born we learn things. and yes, Dy, we do strive. Do you remember what it was like to learn how to walk. I'm "assuming" not. But people who nhave to be rehabilitated to walk can testify at the feat. I'm guessing its not easy. Not a great example but we do strive in life. Every one does. with thier jobs, thier families, and thier hobbies even. We always want to be better.

And they are different.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

In other words you're going on blind belief instead of thinking.

Oh no, I know you're sure, but it's an assumption (i.e. no evidence) that you're working from.

Unfortunately you're wrong on that. There isn't an equal weighting of probabilities. There's no evidence whatsoever for god. And so far no perceptible need. Why add extraneous factors?

Precision. If you meant thrive then your sentence is totally meaningless.

No we don't.
    How are we striving to learn when we cut the lawn? How are we striving to learn when we watch a movie? How much striving is involved laid on the beach getting a tan?

And of course, nobody, ever, just coasts at work, or with their family, or at their hobby do they?
    We don't strive with everything. Sometimes we just relax.

Missed it again.
    Logic and intelligence are different things yes. It was your claim to have made a good point that deserved the answer "not really".

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  8. LColburn86 Registered Member

I don't like your argument. You keep saying I have no proff every blog. admit you have no proff but say it doesnt matter. and then say once again I have no proff. We have no proff i get it! who does?? tell me I WANT to know...

Ofcourse no one does everything exactly the same way all the time but most people want the best. thats just how people are. My logic, if you hadnt noticed is a bit different from your. i get that. but i learn my "life lessons" from the bible so we WILL see differently. Obvious. My big problem is that you make it sound like the way i think is wrong. its just different. not wrong. and i know you didnt say it was wrong. man are you guys like in college? because the way you type is odd. You take everything exactly out of context EVERY time. and no im not assuming that people who go to college take things out of context. but i shouldnt have to watch every word i write. if u understand then tell me. if not then argue ur point. i dont get it.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Colburn.. The word is 'proof', not 'proff'.
    Just thought I should let you know since it obviously wasn't a typo.

10. LColburn86 Registered Member

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

There isn't any proof.
    So you're just taking someone's word for it.
    So why should you live your life a particular way when it cannot be shown the source of that lifestyle is real?

Now we might be getting somewhere.
    Try to avoid sweeping generalisations.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah, yours is faulty.

Why not learn them from Winnie The pooh? Why the bible?

It's based on an unprovable assumption that's declared to be the absolute truth. In other words: a lie.
    Is it wrong to base your life on a lie? You tell me.

You're posting in the General Philosophy forum, not the "Let's just ramble and feel good" forum. If you aren't precise and clear you're verging on waffle and meaninglessness.

12. LColburn86 Registered Member

Because i know it to be true. It is not a lie to me and there is no way you can say its a lie if I know it to be true with proff. i have proff that is not for others. its for me. thats going into something different but I'm sure u understand. Its not a generalization everyone wants things. and i can honestly say the only people i know who arent self serving, back stabbing, idol worshippers, hate spreading, rapist, racist, facist, lying, murderous, under-handed slave drivers is no one. Every one is bad to some extent. it doesn't matter how much variety of people there are in the world. Myself included. Everyone is bad. Trust no one but God. but be trust worthy. Don't sin. dont hurt others. dont cause pain. impossible. unlogical you would say. but all these things are truths. A christian must cause no harm. And it is a blessing if they are harmed. Thats the only thing i can tell you. Its a hard life. Its unforgiving. But money and pretty things wont get you in heaven. what do you give someone who has everything? That is what you give God. Your works. Following blindly until to go further would be suicidal/death. I said people die for religion and you said that should be stopped. but a christian who is right is one that is humble and does no wrongs, and if he stumbles repents. Period. To Death. Someone who is a true christian, you will never meet anyone better than them. Science and Television in the eyes of a christian are perilous endevours. If you believe the world, your part of the world. I don't lean on the wisdom of men. It fasinates me, but i dont trust it. Men lie for thier own gain. A true christian would not. You asked what is the point of living a life that is a lie? If my life is a lie then i spent 22-90 years lying to myself but i would be happy when i die. If i was right then i spent 22-90 years oof my life on this miserable earth and my reward was everlasting life in the Kingdom of God. For eternity. I think i this lifestyle out ways that one, accounting for eternity and all. all the consiquences that follow were i wrong... i wont even know i was wrong because i'd be dead.

*LuCreasia C.

13. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

No people are not evil they are molded by there environment and choices they make on information they have at the time. There are rare cases that some people are born with no sense of right or wrong but that is a birth defect.

14. LColburn86 Registered Member

if u sin u are evil. you may be good here on earth by our standards but to God you are evil. because He is too good. and you must be compared to Him. Children, when they die they go to heaven because they were not yet able to choose for themselves good or evil. these people will be like children in the eyes of God.

15. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

So you are telling me that a child of 4 when they say no I did not eat the cookie and they have cookie crumbs and chocolate allover their face and hands is a evil person as Lyeing is a sin.

16. LColburn86 Registered Member

HAHA at 4 I'm sure if you were smart enough to truly understand the concept of Sin and the consiquences of your actions then yes, I'm sure the Lord would punish you with Hell. You'd have to be really smart, but it is likely and probable. 12 year olds stand no chance. in fact im certain that the 144,000 people in the end times will be all children. And honestly that is not enough children. So society in that time must really be horrible. Or God would have no choice but to wait for more followers to be saved. He would have to know that there was not ever going to be 1 more person saved. But the Bible also says He will come like a thief in the night. No one will know the hour or day.

17. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Really so he will break and enter into the homes of people and take them with him. Is that not a sin to commit a crime against someone so in your explanation God him self will have to give up his sit. Or will he send other out to do this Thief in the night stuff do you not see what you are saying no matter how good you are you will not make it to heavan so what is the point really. And I notced you left out the part about giving money to the church or should I say Cult leader.

18. LColburn86 Registered Member

Sigh~ I'm not good, I believe what I'm saying, that doesn't mean I don't sin. It takes time and patience and humbleness and humility, and everything thats hard. are you telling me its not worth it? I'll tell you right now your crazy if you would say that to me. You must not know what kind of Love God gives, but I know you do because you went to church. I don't understand How you could forget that feeling. Jesus spoke in parrables to help people better understand what He was saying. "Like a thief in the night" is an expression in the Bible. It means "the time He will come is unknown" He also says he will come in the twinkling of an eye, I'm not even sure what that means. but I'm sure It's fast. Okay now. First lol God isnt a ninja. haha When the end comes He will call everyone who will be saved(the144,000 people) to meet Him in the sky. I told you He will judge the Earth and He takes everyone in the sky because there will be distruction on the Earth. Not everyone will die, but at least 1/3rd of the earths(that earths) population will die. Then He will send His Prophets. Its a LOT of detail. If you want to know Verbatum what happens read Revelation. It doesn't preach the world of God like the other books in the Bible. It's soely about what will happen in the end times.

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No, you believe it to be true.

I understand. It means you don't actually have proof.

20. LColburn86 Registered Member

I told u already i have really bad DeJa Vus that can not be explaned by science. I cant show u what i see so i opt to say nothing. But someone says "i know it to be true" that obviously means they believe it but cant prove if.

21. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

yes I have read revaluations and yes it is a scary story granted but that is what it is a story. And what love to you speak of the love of the Church and the parishioners that said I was a Child of Satan you mean that kind of Blind faith love sure I remember it as I walked out of the Church telling them all to go Fuck them selves as I went. Love like that I can do with out and don't tell me your religion is different they are not you have to accept the doctrine as it is laid out or you are either Satan himself or a Child of Satan. Well I guess I prefer that love and it is more enduring and real then any that a Mythical deity can offer up.

22. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Well what you are describing there is a trick of the mind that would likely be Satan coming in to say hey. As I know it any vision that is related to religion and or gods is real and it is a physical thing. So you better watch out Satan is trying to get you..

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

No?
    Start here -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjà_vu

Then why don't they say "I believe it"?
    Because they've convinced themselves (against the evidence) that it IS true.