Are multivitamins needed?

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Syzygys, Feb 10, 2009.

1. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Those links to the "codex alimentarias" are clickable, if you are curious.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Do you have a scientific reference for that assertion? On the contrary, increasing nutritional content of crop foods is the objective of many genetic modification projects. I won’t allow this thread to turn into a baseless woo-woo scare campaign about GM foods.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

I'd be more interested in seeing a scientific reference proving that GM foods are actually safe for long-term use and more nutritious phytochemically. It seems they're more interested in creating plants that are high yielding, long shelf-life, vigorous and disease resistant than actually nutritious. For example, if you compare modern GM corn to the traditional South and Central Americann breeds, there is no comparison nutritionally - the traditional ones, cultivated to sustain civilizations and grown organically are far superior. You can actually live on that stuff. On paper, GM may seem like a good idea, but in practice, modern GM foods are rubbish at best and dangerous at worst. There is a difference between intended benefits and unintended consequences.

I think that it is possible to create GM plants that are both safe and more nutritious, but the science isn't there yet.

The Esotericist,
    Thanks, I may get a chance tomorrow.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

The big agribusinesses like GM foods b/c it's good for the bottom line, our health be damned. Studies show, it isn't natural, not for our bodies, not for our spirits.
    Genetically Modified Foods

Doctors Warn: Avoid Genetically Modified Food

Doctors warn that genetically modified foods pose a serious health risk and should be avoided

It's important however to remember WHO funds most studies though. . .

8. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Spot on Xerxes!

I believe the burden of proof should lay with the corporations and agribusiness, the governments and the food suppliers of society that want us to eat what they provide to PROVE to us that we aren't going to starve with full bellies.

They're the one's messing around with mother nature and the natural world. If it isn't broke, why fix it?

9. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

To speed up the selection process. But there's no evidence that it's safe.

And even if it seems 100% safe in theory, that's not a guarantee of anything.

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

This thread is about multivitamins, and not about taking vitamin C...

11. thinking Banned Banned

multivitamins are needed , since with the farms being more corp. they drain the farm fields of nutrients , sure they get the veggies to grow , but only through fertilizers , herbicides , pesticides

so I by certified organic grown foods as much as possible

and even then still take a multivitamin everyday

12. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

EWWW! That's disgusting! Did you slap him and ask him what the hell he's thinking?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!