Any ideas for nerdoverlord.com?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wesmorris, Nov 18, 2003.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

God I love the background music why couldn’t Fafnir rip that???

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Wessy:
    Or how about an ode to righteous misanthropes that if ignored will mangle those access logs and sourcecodes without as much blinking.

Kidding.

How about a memorial for those horrible brushes between geeks and jocks we’ve all seen in those corny after school specials? You could put a low budget BBS up where each dork member contributes his nightmares from high school- like the time blue eyed Billy The Quarterback popped his zit with a spitball in front of the whole class. the whole class.
    We can call it “Dweebish Downers” or something wittier I can’t think up right now.

Or you can let me at that precious bandwidth with some useless trivia, Wessy- like the unholiest drink in the world used to be sold in flat topped cans that before 1963 had to be opened with the most holiest of artifacts- a church key. This was before the convential pull-tabs we’re so used to today and by the way- cans are made of only two pieces of aluminium- a slab for the top and another one for the main body and SNAP in 2 seconds you’ve got the quickest manmade ubiquity in the whole fucking world..

They’ve found semen in the Ice Man’s colon. (Oetzi)

Before toilet paper (an ancient commodity known to the brillant Chinese for ages) our Romans were using a sponge on a stick that sat in bucket of brine- imagine what that would feel like cleaning your cornhole with recycled sewage.
    Before the 18th century folks were using cotton or wool and even expensive lace by the nobles while the poor used- get this- corn cobs to wipe themselves clean.

Muhahhahahahaha….dumbass Eurepeans. Always years behind those bloody chinks.
    Kidding. Gendanken's not racist.

As late as the 19th century pumps were being used to pump water from the tub and up a tube to a showerhead 12 feet above you (12 feet!) and in some cases (British cases that is) you’re sitting there buttnaked on a bycicle-driven pump pedaling dirty water back up to keep showering in. Shit you not.

An ingredient to Roman toothpaste was urine. And don't be so quick to fingerpoint out those dumbclots brushing with pee- there are ammonia compounds in your toothpaste today.

An ant is the only living thing in this world that can survive in amicorwave. Something about surface to volume ratios. I have a mind to try stuffing spooky in one to find out if I'm lying.

Sheep bladders and oilskins used to be used for condoms. Women (spefically Assyrian, Egyptian and Cretan women) used crocodile dung for spermicides and contraceptives.

Speaking of dung, fish dung, ground cuttlefish, powedered china and even brick dust were being used in toothpaste by midieval Europeans. These same folks were using nitric acid-nitric acid- to strip away the enamel to temporarily whiten those teeth. Fucking brilliant.
    I can picture them painting the gums white after all the teeth have fallen out.

Thomas Edison was a thief.

King George III was as fucked as I am.

Lillian Gilbreth was a godammned genius.

All this and more. Gendanken could be like your Cecil Adams, yes? Your server's at stake.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

Muhahhahahahaha….dumbass Eurepeans. Always years behind those bloody chinks.
    Kidding. Gendanken's not racist.

nope, you are in fact very correct. Dumbass white-trash were living in shit with their animals for God's sake whilst everyone East of them had progressed onto bathing.....*gasp* shock horror.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I know a person who bathes once a year or so (give or take a year) and he is still alive. It is a divine miracle...praise the lord

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Spurious, that's gross.

I know the links don't work yet but what do you guys think so far about the front page? I think we're gonna use it as the theme for the site. It's pretty much the oversqueeze's design and I like it, but still looking for suggestions. (don't worry gendy I'll fix links tonight or tomorrow).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Wes:
    Minion, thou liest.

Just been there and little red x's with broken links gallore. Fix it or your server is bacon.

Kidding.

Rolling on- next entry will be on the marvelous might of the human brain, what makes it tick, what is that magical something making those 100 billions cells or so take your breath away.

Titled "Neat Meat".

Stay tuned.

-the gendanken

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

ack.

i'm getting there gendy.

the stupid tables on that page are complicated and annoying.

i spent two hours last night moving little lines around.

damnit.

don't fear though, it's forthcoming as soon as I can get to it.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

the IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL was extremely useful.

I would like to thank nerdoverlord.com and Dr Lou for clearing up this complicated matter.

I had difficulties reading the gendanken story, because of the gradient background which masked the white letters at one side. But i immediately switched to author mode in Opera (how nerdy) and voila i could read it. Saw several typos (einsein, psudos)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2003
  12. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I feel like a celebrity now

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!