Another question for atheists: Morals...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by skaught, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

From

But they forgot the Ace card. That's how it was back then in the "Real World". Haaa! Take That Apostate! Back Yea to the Pits of HELL *splashes Muslim holy sand*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Interesting Testimony from someone how became an atheist for Allah (in addition to all the other Gods and Godessess he was already an atheist for at the time)

SO, this guy is now an atheist for this one last god as well. He seems pretty moral? no?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Bravo! he sounds just like you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Interesting site because this is written by Muslims who left Islam. They sound just like the ex-Muslims I know that left. Anyway. About Mohammad they say:
    Two things.
    1) on the topic of morality. I consider a sexual relationship between a 54 year old man and a 9 year old child immoral. That's my point of view. I'm pretty sure most women if approached by a 54 year old man claiming to hear god in his head and wanting to sexually be with their 9-12 year old daughter would call the police.

IN essence - everyone agree that this is immoral behavior.

BUT much like Scientology and Xenu, why worry about this little thing when one can just make it up. So we have the ace in the sleeve. THAT'S how it was back then in the REAL world. Ahhh now the conscious is eased and we can go back to worshiping Xenu,... Ooo I mean Allah.

2) I do not think Mohammad was a pedophile because pedophiles surround themselves with children. Did he do that? No. So he's not a pedophile in the classic sense. BUT, that's not the point. The point is anyone with an once of foresight would have adopted the girl and then allowed her to marry someone around her own age. ALSO, they make a good point about Allah allowing his last messenger to be called a pedophile in the future.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It's funny, across culture, time, space and here we have someone with a bit of common sense!

Anyway, I thought his comments on the USA invasion were more interesting - really.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I found these poignant.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

How about the morals of this agnostic??

Seems morally sound to me.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This thread is about the morals of Atheists (actually that should be agnostic atheist in regards to all gods)

I think the site is interesting because the reason most people LEFT religion is because they were GOOD MORAL individuals!!! Does no one see the irony in this?!?!?

Any testimonial sites on people leaving other religions and becoming atheist? The logical of reason is natural for some people - but I what I really think is interesting is to see their moral perspective.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah good ole western values!!! The best there are!

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The one guy was Iraqi and the other Turkish/Chinese

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah good ole western values!!! The best there are!

15. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

What are they, anyway?

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Humans generally share similar values.

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

To again quote from above:

Seems pretty open minded to me?

Wester values are based on open minded inquiry. That why when one asks an open minded person if the possibly exists that God is not real - they are able to say YES such a possibly does indeed exist. Regardless if they believe in a God or Alien or whatnot.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Dunno why someone would confuse US foreign policy with American social norms.

Unless all they knew of American social norms was US foreign policy.

But in any event, Americans are not atheists, by and large, and their social norms are not derived from atheism. Neither is their foreign policy - which has been dominated by the more religious factions of American life for some time now, the military being as in other countries a gathering place for those whose morality is more overtly based in a formal, disciplined religion.

19. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

My morals are based on whatever my "intuitions" (as my philosophy professor says) are. If I feel something is wrong or bad for me then that goes against "my" moral code. You don't have to agree or understand it. I do think that I share many of the same morals as Christians or any other religion since most moral laws seem to be a universial. Just because I don't believe in the Bible or other relgious doctrine doesn't mean they don't sometimes have good things to say.

20. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Aye brother supa'.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I was referring to the oblivious indifference.

22. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Well of course open mindedness is a good value... but it is so vague and unpracticed, so what good is it to call it a Western value? It's almost like saying
    being good is a Western value

23. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

I only have one - rational self interest.

This leads to the following -

Only do things that support my personal survival. Those things involve assisting in supporting communities and happy relationships since all those have long term effects on my long term survival. Do things that encourage life, health, and longevity.