Another American Civil War?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thoreau, Jul 1, 2009.

?

Do you think we will have another American Civil War within the next 10 years?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. I don't know.

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Has anyone seen The Confederate States of America? Its a film that explores what modern america would look like if the south had won, hysterical.

Here's a commercial they use in the film to show what t.v would look like in their hypothetical scenario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypIbTpnuNgg

Anyway sorry to be off topic. Carry on.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

american culture. The average american wants everything now and takes info spoon fed. most people don't even bother to look deeper.
    Cute. as i have told buffalo you wish to insult me do it through PM.

For someone who is supposed to enforce the rules you do seem inclined to break them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL, well Baron I am trying in my small way to help him get a fair shake. The fate of our country is now largely in his hands. Thus far he has done a fairly good job of it handling the job. Thank God we now have someone willing and capable of fixing the multiiple messes we now face.

There are a lot of folks out there including one limbaugh hitting the air waves every day with lies and deceptions about Obama and what he and the Democrats are doing. There needs to be some balance to the misdirection millions of Americans receive each day from the conservative media.

If Obama betrays us, I will be on his ass too. I have only one loyalty and that is to the nation.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Then you better have that heart to ass talk with Obama right now.

8. Texas Bob Registered Senior Member

What do you mean "if Obama betrays us?"

Do you think he (and Acorn) are trying to snatch control of the census and talking about a civil defense force as well armed as the military just because they need some busy work?

Or perhaps NObama needs his "brown shirts" since he probably realizes a lot of the existing law enforcement / military would side against him and his agenda.

A friend was recently sent from the census burea a ""american community survey". She threw the first one away. They sent a second one so she answered only the number of people living in the home. They then started calling her and threatening her.

I want to get one of these surveys myself. I will answer only the number of people in my home and then attach a copy of Article I, Section 2 of the US Constitution along with a statement that none of what they are asking is any of their business. Fuck em, let them fine me. I'll see them in court.

As to the original question, yes there well could be a major amount of social unrest for several different reasons.

One would be Obama, et al running the economy into the ground with cap and trade. Some have predicted food riots and things of that nature. Not sure I buy the theory myself but it could in theory happen.

North Korea is in constant sabre rattling mode and developing rockets to go with their nukes. We appear uncapable or unwilling to deal with Iran or to even shut the hell up and get out of the way so Israel can deal with Iran. Israel seems to "get it" that they have two choices. Die fighting or die with their thumb up their ass trying to "make nice" with a wacko. Same wacko by the way who believes its his religious duty to start WWIII to usher in the 12th Imam and says on a regular basis he'd like to wipe Israel off the map shortly before taking care of the "great Satan". You and I are the "great Satan" by the way.

I've heard rumors in intelligence circles that Saudi would even be willing to look the other way if Israel used their air space to take care of business. Of course they would condemn this in public but still be willing to give a wink and a nudge behind the scenes because even the Arab neighbors are scared of the wack jobs in Iran getting nukes.

Iranian test several years ago were mocked by the press as a failure. What the clueless press doesn't "get" is that the test were no failure. The rockets went to the perfect altitude for an EMP attack. All it really takes is one missle and one barge somewhere off our coast.

With this in the international back ground...the idiots in control of our country want to cut missle defense spending to fund all their bs handouts and other "social spending". My personal feeling is I put myself through school on my own nickle and some of these bums looking for a hand out need to get a job. I am sick of carrying their dead weight.

Obama, et al no doubt will sooner or later get around to some sort of gun control bill.

I have several friends who will tell you outright that the only way that sob is taking their guns is out of their cold dead hands after the fire fight. I get the impression some of them really mean it.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

A lot of drama in that post but absoutely zero substance.

10. Texas Bob Registered Senior Member

yeah, keep burying your head in the sand...or your head somewhere at least.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well show me proof of your many allegations. Where did Obama say he was going to use Acorn for the census?

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/victorville-13104-acorn-census.html

ACORN/Census link sparks controversy
    Comments 122 | Recommend 4
    July 2, 2009 - 4:26 PM
    BROOKE EDWARDS Staff Writer

VICTORVILLE • One local councilman is adding his voice to those raising concern over the connection between the 2010 U.S. Census and the controversial organization ACORN.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform is the national activist group that fell under harsh criticism after being accused of voter registration fraud during last November’s presidential election. The group is also now a “national partner” to help promote the nationwide count coming next year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/17/lawmakers-concerned-role-acorn-census/

The U.S. Census is supposed to be free of politics, but one group with a history of voter fraud, ACORN, is participating in next year's count, raising concerns about the politicization of the decennial survey.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now signed on as a national partner with the U.S. Census Bureau in February 2009 to assist with the recruitment of the 1.4 million temporary workers needed to go door-to-door to count every person in the United States -- currently believed to be more than 306 million people.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/20/acorn-to-count-heads-for-census/

First it was President Obama trying to break all precedent and run the 2010 census from within the White House. While the administration finally backed down from that politicization of the census, it clearly hasn't learned its lesson. Now it is having ACORN officially "partner" with the Census to help count the number of Americans in the country. It's like Santa trusting a child to tell him how many times he or she has been good in the past year.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I guess that's not sensationalist enough for the Fox News viewers.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well as usual, you missed the mark Buffalo Roam. Let's do a quick refresher. The allegation is that the Obama administration is going to allow Acorn to conduct the census. You have offered no proof of same.

I have seen documents which if read, state that the Obama administration is looking to use Acorn and a number of other community based organizations to get a prosepective base of census workers that would subsequently be interviewed and perhaps hired, not by Acorn, but by the US government to help conduct the census. Acorn has no roll in making the hiring decision or managing the workers hired by the administration to conduct the census.

15. superstring01 Moderator

I asked you to provide proof and this is what you do? More fluff.

Wait. So, let me get this right, you consider it insulting to have someone call you out on claims you've made, then when you back down, consider it even MORE insulting to have that person infer that you are lying because of your actions? What the hell other option do we have?

What? Should we all just roll-over, PJ, and say, "YOU WIN" because you complain about insult when your asked to support your claims. Guess what, if you don't want to be called out, then try actually not making claims or--EPIPHANY--actually support something better than, "Well, it was a long time ago and I can't really remember the names [of the books]."

You're like the rhetorical equivelent of Wimpy from Popeye crying, "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!" but substituting, "I will gladly prove this later, if you will just believe me today."

Shit, you just tried this again, in YET another thread: "(i'll try and find the guy who did the research on it gain.)" Like we're all supposed to just give you enough leeway to make your point, but never ask you to support your claims.

So, I guess... SURE PJ, you're right. Don't bother referencing, siting or backing up a single thing with something verifiable. Just keep making claims, implore others to believe you until you finish your research (see above statement) and then throw a fit and claim people are insulting you when they remind you of your broken promises and un-substantiated claims.

What rule is that? The rule that says that PJ is allowed say whatever he wants and not be required to support his claims using the scientific method? (as--in fact--required by site policy) If so, then you're right, I'm breaking Sciforums' policy and will retract my statements the moment I receive the memo on the rule changes.

~String

16. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Listen up people, America will stay together!

If it doesn't, other nations will slam us.

Together we stand. Separated.... we end up speaking Chinese. haha

17. kmguru Staff Member

Then better learn Chinese. It is month seven and no change really...People project 11% official unemployment by next January...meaning unofficially double that. That will cause government revenue to drop 30% which will cause serious deficits and so one. Republicans will push for tax cuts...so more deficit....and on and on...

18. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Depending on how restless folk become when they are jobless, hungry, disenfranchised, betrayed and forlornly watch the fading of their American dream, anything is possible. G-d knows there are enough weapons floating around.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, in the hand of those who believe in the Constitution.

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I think this thread has an over-dramatic premise. What USAmericans are struggling with is not unique to us- We're certainly not the first society to outlast its own empire.

In our media and political establishments we are presently behaving as sore losers, and we're in a collective state of denial- but the tenacity and spirit of this melting-pot republic should not be underestimated. We're as resilient and capable a society as any other, and we'll make the transition without a complete meltdown. It's painful to our economy and to our collective ego, but that doesn't mean that life must come to resemble a B-grade apocalyptic movie.

As for obsessions with weaponry, I've seen bravado and Hollywood fantasies shattered by reality. I've watched things fall apart, and experienced (to my surprise) how weapons become readily-available to anyone who wishes to take them up as a modern society implodes. Those who think that heavy private weaponry increases the security of a society before a fall have the hearse before the horse.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Its not more fluff. Guess what I'm capable of looking at the world and forming opinions based on my observations. I don't need to

No i consider it insulting to make implications about me based on your inability tofollow my thought chain.

How about the rule against trolling.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So, ....after saying all that bullshit, you didn't even bother to answer the freakin' question!! Will the USA have another Civil War?

Baron Max

23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Sorry to confuse you. "I think this thread has an over-dramatic premise." = No, I'm not expecting a new civil war in the USA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.