Anna's body on ice vs. new stars discovered

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Syzygys, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Which one are you more interested in:

1. Anna Nicole Smith's body on ice
    2. Abell S0740

I say give me a hotblonde even if she is dead over some obscure stars in the galaxy....

http://www.space.com/searchforlife/seti_shostak_science_070215.html

The overwhelming majority of the citizenry has other interests, and looming large among them are the peccadilloes and personal intrigues of the rich and famous. Consider the contrast: in the past week the Space Telescope Science Institute released a startlingly detailed photo of a distant cluster of galaxies, a picture that gives even the non-expert a good idea of the structure of these, the largest entities in the universe. The photo of cluster Abell S0740–an image that would have bedazed every previous generation of humans–probably didn’t even make it to the front section of your local newspaper.

However, what did garner front-page ink last week, not to mention huge dollops of chatter on talk radio, was the unexpected death of Anna Nicole Smith, a former Playboy Playmate and reality TV star.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BBS Registered Member

yuuuupppppp..and during the week at work...you hear from your fellow employees.."did you watch American Idol last night?"..."did you see Deal or No Deal?".."Did ya catch the Jerry Springer show yesterday?"..auuugghh..I wouldn't waist my electricity...:bugeye: ..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

As I've said many times in the past .....the news media leads us all around by the nose, telling us only what they want us to know or to care about. And oddly, most, if not all, of us follow right along obediently and willingly.

During that same week, for example, tens of thousands of people starved to death. Did they get any, ANY, coverage in the news? Nope ....cause the news don't want us to know about it.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.