Animorphs : What happened?!?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by %BlueSoulRobot%, Aug 31, 2002.

1. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I recently began to read the Animorphs series again, and the old addiction is coming over me, again.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What I wasn't prepared for was the ending of the Animorphs. At the ripe old age of 54 books (and those other ones), I find out that one of the Animorphs is going to die.

Now my question is:
    WHO???
    If you know, pleeeaasssse tell me. Don't worry about it spoiling the ending, because spoilers don't bother me at all.

And is it just my bad luck, or do none of the libraries in/outside of my district have the last 24 Animorphs books?! Grrrr...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Firefly Registered Senior Member

OMG, can't believe you read them too!! (I'm still getting over the JEW thing

)

I stopped reading them for a while after 24, and then meanwhile, she realised the rest of the series, and I didn't realise, and now I can't find them anywhere!!

Not even up to 24. I've considered maybe getting them off the net, but I've never done that before, so a bit reluctant.

Person who dies: I think it's Rachel, but I really don't know, I think I only read half the book, and in the shop too.

Actually, I think they all die in the end? Something like that. May be way off, can't guarantee any of this is right, but I think Ax goes of witht eh Andalites, Rachel's dead, Cassie and Jake are together, the world knows about the Yeerk invasion, and Jake has his own Starship type thing. Anyway, I think he sacrifices it (And everyone on board) in order to kill an enemy (a major, very powerful enemy, something like an Ellimist, I think?)

Though KA deliberately left the ending unfinished, so she didn't kill them (Jake had just deciuded to sacrifice the ship, or something) and the fans could still "imagine" they lived, it was up to them. Though IMO (while reading in the store

) there asn't much way Jake et al could survive.

Anyway, that's all I remember, not very reliable, but ou can probably find it on some good animorph sites, though I don't have any bookmarked, or I'd link them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I'm so glad you read them too!!

About finding them on the Internet: no luck.

I tried a ton of websites, and I've tried searching for some PDF files on KaZaa, but I can't find any Animorphs text at all!

I mean, there are a ton of electronic books, why didn't someone put the Animorphs in e-text as well? And the Animorph sites are either out of date, or only provide the synopsis, so they're not very helpful.

Rachel's going to die?

Well, I guess it's her, since the narration's from her point of view... Is it because of the time when they met the Crayak, in book 27, where Rachel was offered a deal to trade Jake's life for power? Or maybe it's like in book 11, where everyone dies on a separate timeline? Or (going out on a limb here) the last book only said "It began with six. It will end with five.", because Ax goes home, so no one dies?

The ending is so cool, eh? We even get to find out their last names, and the Yeerks know they're human, and it's a full out battle between them. Did the Animorphs actually recruit other humans and give them morphing powers too? All I know is that the Yeerks have decided to forego subtlety and are just grabbing people left and right.

"Cinammon buns. Bun-zuh." - Ax (lol! I love how goofy he is!)

By the way, have you seen the Animorphs series on TV? They were terrible, eh?

Getting 20 year olds to play 15 year olds...didn't quite make it...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I saw the TV show, that was terrible

8. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I know what you mean - the websites I've looked at just have tantalizing chapters. I'd buy them if I could, but can't.

If Rachel does die, then it's not In Book 11 or earlier, cos I've read them, and I'm pretty sure it's near the end. I think she sacrifices her life; like, it's her choice. I know someone actually does die, so it's not just that Ax goes home.

I didn't like the ending, or what I know of it. I preferred it when they were secretive and stuff: Jake commanding his own ship just seems... wierd. don't know if they recruited others, but don't think so.

I preferred Marco's humour.

I saw Animorphs TV, it did kinda suck, but then, it was a kids TV programme. It could have been done a lot better though.

9. Frieda Registered Senior Member

WTF are the Animorphs?

10. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Yeah, Marco's my favourite character. "This is insane!...Oh, and did I mention that this is insane?!" lol

The TV show was horrible! When they wheeled out Visser One in his Andalite body, it was so fake!

And I thought the morphing process would have been funkier, just like the kids described it. But it seemed pretty smooth to me. It was cool how they got a girl who looked almost like the one on the cover of the books to play Rachel, though. Tobias was totally out of sync with the character in the book...he's not supposed to be tall, dark, and dressed in leather!

11. Firefly Registered Senior Member

I thought the morphing on the TV show was not too bad, the the dracon beams and andalite bodies were so lame. And I agree about Rachel, she also just totally couldn't act, and I thought that about Tobias too.

12. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I think the show would have been ok, for people who haven't read the books yet, because some people actually found it good.

The main problem was the time frame. I feel that it would have been so much better if it were an hour long, not half an hour. And the way they crammed together some of the books into one show...that was just confusing!

But all in all, the show was nothing like how I imagined the Animorphs to be, if they were made in real-life.

13. sugarninja Registered Member

i loved the animorphs books. i had mono that month, and read i think 20-something books that month. basically one a day, i remember that much. got totally sucked in. then a year later or so, i remember seeing an add for it on tv. so i watched it. what a let down. the books ruled though. i still occasionally use some of the lingo. =)

ha
    ha
    and again, ha

14. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Some day all horses will be blue.

15. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

WTF is animorphs?

16. Firefly Registered Senior Member

17. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I feel exactly like you do, sugarninja

It's so addictive!

Hehehe, Firefly..."Fun for kids online!" *pretends to be surprised* lol

Ahhh...this is going to sound so cheezy when I explain it.

Imagine: 5 teens crossing a construction site late at night. Faint sounds of traffic, but basically abandoned by the usual afternoon bustle of workers. Suddenly, light! A huge crashing noise as a damaged alien craft skids and scrapes across the ground. Awed and curious, the teens go to investigate the landing site. What they see next is beyond belief. An alien awkwardly stumbling out of the craft on four blue-hooved feet. A wicked scorpion-like tail wavers, while 2 stalk eyes survey the surroundings atop of a humanesque upper torso. Its 7-fingered hands clutching its side as it makes its way down the ramp. It's hurt, as blood spurts from its torso. The teens can sense it will not be long now, so they move in closer. A thought appears! But not an original one. Somehow, some way, this alien centaur-scorpion hybrid can speak to them with thoughts. It tells them not to be afraid, and that it is in serious trouble. The situation grows deeper and more frightening, as the alien, now known as Elfangor, the Andalite, holds toward them a glowing cube in his many-fingered hand. Touch it, he says, put your hands on it, it's your last defense. One by one, the teens reach out and place their palm onto each side of the cube, and suddenly, they're in for the fight of their lives.

D how was that for a cheeeesy explanation?)

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

cheeesy

thnx

19. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

I used to eat these books up when i was younger. But about the time they started to time-travel i put the books down. At this time, well ever since i started them, i was way ahead of the books at an intellectual level, if you know what i mean. I had liked reading them though, guess i grew too big for them

It was an awesome series, the first 15 or so anyway. The covers were awesome, so was the basic concept (people "morphing" to fit parasitic, slug-like aliens).

20. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

no problem

Ahhh, but the time-traveling ones are the coolest! Like the one with the Sario Rip, and they've got to kill the other set in order to survive. But I know what you mean about the intellectual level thing. I still like Marco's humour, but they're kinda sub-level in the really good sci-fi category.

Yeah, the covers were good.

Except they kept changing the models who were supposed to be the Animorphs.

What I found stupid was the fact that you can basically find out where they lived, from all the clues they give in the books, and the fact that the kids themselves are on the covers.

21. NenarTronian Teenaged Transhumanist Registered Senior Member

Oh..oh wait..where do they live? I forgot that it was a big thing..though not as big of a mystery as where the SIMPSONS live, right? Of course not!

22. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I dunno, but it's rather obvious. Just look for a city located near a reserve called The Gardens, which contains a Rainforest Cafe, and stuff like that. But there's no need for the mystery anymore, because they reveal themselves in the last books, in a full-out war. Rachel's dead!!!

Heh, the Simpsons.

Marge: "742 Evergreen Terrace... Springfield, Oh- Hiya Maude!"
    *Maude walks in*

23. Firefly Registered Senior Member

I found some of the later ones at a WHSmiths here!!! Like, 41+, I think!