Andy's Corner Volume Three-Speciale on Quotes

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by v|i|, Nov 22, 2001.

1. v|i| Registered Member

Sticky Quotes!Reply with fave quotes!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

Nothing in the world is good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -Shakespeare

By all means mary; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. -Socrates

Out thoughts determine our responses to life. We are not victims of this world; to the extent we control our thoughts, we control the world. - H. Jackson Brown

We have just enough religion to make us hat, but not enough to make us love one another. -Jonathan Swift

I find it frightening to awaken and be uncertain - unsure of everything you remember about life not being just part of a dream. -Johnny the Homicidal Maniac (comic book by Jhonen Vasquez)

Impossible is a word that humans use far too often. - 7 of 9

If I could go back in time; I'd go back to when the pilgrims fled religious persecution, then decided to become all hipocritical and kill witches... So I could burn a few puritans. -I don't know but if anyone does, tell me.

Last one I promise:

Millions of people long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy sunday afternoon. -Susan Ertz

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. machaon Registered Senior Member

Getting the "BIG" picture yet?.......

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. machaon Registered Senior Member

An omission.

The last quote was none other than Henry Kissinger(1992)

8. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"Never give LSD to a guide dog."
    Billy Connolly

9. Pzzaboy Sales Slave Registered Senior Member

"Those who relinquish any amount of freedom for security deserve neither" -Ben Franklin

10. Doane McTork Registered Senior Member

"The secret of life is honesty. If you can fake that you've got it made." George Burns

"I'd would never be a member of any club that would have someone like me as a member." Groucho

"Don't confuse the issue with facts." Ronald Reagan

"I don't." Howard Rourke after being asked by Ellsworth M. Toohey what Howard thought of him after Mr. Toohey destroyed his reputation as an architect. (From Ayn Rand's 'Fountainhead'.)

"Open the pod bay doors please, Hal" Dave Bowman

"Gentleman! You can't fight in here! This is the war room" Mr. President played by Peter Sellers in 'Dr. Strangelove'.

"Lucy! You got some splainin' to do!" Ricky Ricardo

"It's not my planet! Monkey boy!" (John Lithgow) 'Buckaroo Bonzai! Across the 43rd Parallel'

"THINK honestly" Miyamoto Musashi

"Drop! Drop! Drop!" Sergeant Pinback (Dan O'Bannon) 'Dark Star'

"Marvelous" Dirty Harry

"Swell" Dirty Harry

"Of course I didn't do it! He looks too damn good" Dirty Harry after perp accused him of police brutality.

"He was shakin' like a dog passin' a peach pit" Ken Kesey 'Sometimes a Great Notion'.

11. Yang´s_Matrix Registered Senior Member

Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever

--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
    The father of Rocketry

Why do you insist that human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? it is a chemical process and nothing more. For that matter-we-are chemical processes and nothing more. If you denie yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.

--Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang
    "Looking God in the Eye"

If our society seems more nihlistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is only a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point we are atlast ready to accept life´s fundamental truth: that life´s only purpose is life itself.

Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang
    "Looking God in the eye"

12. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh, honestly...must we take quores from a computer game?