and sam bites the dust again..

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by scifes, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

what is it this time james?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I'm not the one who banned her. I will say though, that I read the last few pages of the thread and found her behavior ban-worthy.

8. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Poor SAM. Her and I have our differences but I actually have begun to like her over the years. For the most part, I think she is fairly respectful around here.

I've said a LOT worse than her posts in that thread and have yet to be banned. I guess different people just attract the spotlight more than others. IDK.

Get well soon, SAM! lol

9. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I'd say her comments in the thread I linked to were pretty out of line, and ANYthing but respectful.

10. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

True. But I'm saying overall, she has been pretty respectful.

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I've seen as bad and worse, repeatedly, by posters who remain in good standing around here.

And SAM's been thoroughly provoked, recently, by some bizarre and inconsistent moderation directed specifically at her. She has more excuse than others.

12. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

ban bans!
    haven´t read every of her 65000 posts, but from what i´ve seen, she always sounds reasonable. did she have a rude tongue? come on, it´s the internet ...

13. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

thanks ben, i'll check it later, because i went over the last threads she posted in and found nothing, i somehow feel sorry for gustav though, for being caught in the cross fire..

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't characterize it as ``getting caught in the cross-fire'' so much as ``sniping from an adjacent hill''...

15. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Yes, but isn't that, like, his job here?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

In my mind, at least, it's hard to understand how one can see SAM's comments in that thread as anything but ignorant, and across any lines of human decency. There is no excuse for that behavior.

But that's just me.

17. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

of course you were never an asshole or an ignorant in your whole life. banning people so easily is childish and not fitting for the "Intelligent community" sciforums pretends to be. why do you mods always try to play supernanny !?

18. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Ohh god. Someone got banned for three days. Jesus christ people! Get a grip. Big deal. Ya'll act like this is some crime against humanity here.

Afterall, It's "just the internet" right?

19. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Hey mods. I've never been banned yet. I need a ban on my record!

Ben, Your a silly nanny! HA!

20. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I don't think it's this ban, in particular, that is causing the unrest. More the recent flurry of bans, some of which are viewed as arbitrary and capricious.

And yes, it is "just the internet", but we all have to navigate the waters here, and there seem to be riptides developing...

21. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

But seriously, I want to see just how terrible it is.

Ben, Could you organize a 24 hour ban for me?

22. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Heh. Supernanny.

I'd suggest you try to read the thread with a mind free of any biases, and then decide if she was being offensive. It's ok if you disagree, of course, which is why the admins leave threads like this open.

I didn't ban SAM, but I would have, if I was a moderator in a forum where that exchange took place.

23. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Name them. I'm all for good, consistent moderation, but this implication that we need to tolerate S.A.M.'s misbehavior because some unspecified poster is "worse" has lost all traction. You have to start somewhere, and the obvious place is with the people that cause the most disruption.

But, by all means, name the others, so they can be banned as well. Or your assertion assessed, at least.

Not by Trippy. He engaged her in good faith, and was rewarded with a bunch of racist abuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.