Amy Winehouse dies in London

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by arfa brane, Jul 23, 2011.

1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

You mean Alice in Chains.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Kurt Cobain shot himself.

Research isn't really your thing...is it?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

She's been in rehab for heroin and cocaine. She had an OD with meth once...another time it was a cocktail of ketimine, coke, heroin and ex. From what I read, she drank vodka like it was water. I think she was an equal opportunity abuser.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cifo Day destroys the night, Registered Senior Member

I think it's the fame, wealth, reputations, betrayals, contract obligations, creative pressures, loneliness on tours, etc that drives some performers, celebrities and pro athletes to self-destructive behavior.

Hank Williams said that he'd rather be a no-name singer in some honky-tonk bar and know who his friends were, than to be as rich-and-famous as he was and not know who his friends were.

According to Jimi Hendrix's friends who were with him in the days before he OD'd, he was depressed because he had expected to be a husband and father by that time in his life, and he was nowhere near that goal.

Janis Joplin drank heavily before performances because it produced her gravelly, trademark singing voice.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ellie Banned Banned

I knew when she made that song "try to make me go to rehab, i said no, no, no".

8. InertProtocol Registered Senior Member

Her lifestyle choice, the booze and drugs didn't choose her. Agreed it's a shame, a like a previous poster said, where were her friends, manager and more importantly her family.

A great anti-drug/booze advert she is though.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why?

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

If you'd seen her try and perform recently you'd see she was really quite incapacitated. Ozzy Osbourne would need kicking in the leg to move as badly as she did on stage.

In Belgrade, she was an hour late, came out on stage wearing slippers, tried putting on her shoes, failed, threw them, slurred her way through some vocals, threw a mike, fell over, and slurred some more. Her management made a grave error allowing her to perform.

11. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

In hindsight, maybe should have said yes?

12. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

There IS a lot of good to be said for moderation.

13. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Perhaps he overdosed on lead.

Now thats entertainment!

14. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

People are always throwing Mike's . Some of us are kind of heavy and harder to throw . The little mikes are not so bad . You can throw them pretty good

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So? That's hilarious! She probably still got paid.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm only going by what was posted by someone who was keeping track of them. I knew they had more venues during the summer of 67 than 3 months at one place because they were a very hot band then.

17. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Doubtful, but it would be a good reason to have less sympathy for her. Anywhere else you'd get fired and struggle to find work, but we seem to worship drunken crack addicts for being lucky enough to be born with a good voice.
    Makes sense. :shrug:

18. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

And? It's not her fault that people still considered her worth the concert ticket money.
    Crack addict or not, she's still musically more worth than Gaga, in my eyes.

19. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

The nasty joke going around with the scene snobs after he shot himself was to call him Kurt NoBrain.

You know, how is it that Ozzy Osbourne and Lemmy Killmeister can both remain higher than a eagle's bunghole and live on?

Maybe the key is you just need to front heavy metal, then you can do all the dope you want.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Two different talented women that each were very creative in their own ways, neither being "better" than the other but only different.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd agree that moderation is the key to survival of taking anything. Who your supplier is will also be a very good thing to know so that you don't get different purity levels in whatever you are taking.

22. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

At least Adele will be safe.
    Another woman with a wonderful voice.

Unless she overdoses on cream buns, that is.

23. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Understandable. He just lacks some details. NBD save to those of us fortunate to have been there for it.

The musical difference between Gaga and Winehouse seems to be that Gaga uses one of those auto - toners and Winehouse actually sang the notes...when she was not too stoned.

Ketamine is a very bad substance to get involved with. We just had a bunch of heroin junkies die from that when their dealer stomped on the product with ketamine. The combo can be easily fatal.