Amethyst

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by angel_01, Jun 7, 2004.

1. angel_01 Registered Member

I have an amethyst rock weighing 15stone, i would like to sell it, i would appreciate it if you could email me if you are interested, i dont mind sending pictures either. or if you know anyone who would be interested, or if you know of any places that would be intrested in buying it or any places that have information about selling amethyst. please contact Leyla.mustafa@lineone.net thanks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Unless it is cut, clean, deep (but not too deep) purple, dont expect to get much for it whatsoever. Amythst is a rather inexpensive gem. Also, what do you mean it weighs 15 stone? 15 carats you mean? And yes, I would like a picture of it just for curiosity.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. angel_01 Registered Member

8. angel_01 Registered Member

i have added a picture of the actual amethyst in question.

9. fireguy_31 mors ante servitium Registered Senior Member

angel...

...then go to e-bay.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Perhaps he's English. A stone is an old unit of weight in the feet/pounds system that is still occasionally used in England. 15 stones = about 240 lb. That's one heck of an amethyst. We have an amethyst cathedral that weighs 25 lb. and I've seen much larger ones, so I suppose 240 lb is possible. It may be hollow, you might cut it open and get two big mother cathedrals. I don't know of what interest it would be to anyone in one piece. If it's hollow people would want the two cathedrals. If not, it would surely be worth more as cut stones. Without knowing what it's like inside, it would be risky to take a chance on it for any really big money. Too bad it's not an ametrine -- amethyst at one end and citrine at the other. That would be spectacular.