American Government: Reaching Too Far?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by grazzhoppa, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Technically we are not Imperialist, though I do not agree with what we are doing. Imperialism is when you invade another country to make it a part of your own or to make it a country. We have not activly practiced imperialism in about 100 years. We have no colonies and where we hold a military presence we spend money, not make it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. postoak Registered Senior Member

I had missed what stryderunknown had said. But if that's what's going on then Saddam is not only a sociopathic killer, he is also definitely weird.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

Technicalities are all about the military...this is from a civilian standpoint

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If American government continues to go into countries that it percieves as a threat, take over, place a ruler that will govern the way America wants it to, isn't that Imperialist enough? I don't know if the UN was part of picking the new leader for Afghanistan, if anyone knows, please tell us more.

Yes, we aren't colonizing these countries but if a country has something that we want (such as Iraq and its oil), and we place a ruler that's on America's side...won't we be benefiting from that?

Yes we can all say Saddam is definately weird.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Megalomaniacs always put themselves ahead of the country's interest. All he has to do is resign and retire. Let the country return to a true democracy and get back their 2/3 country's air space.

Same thing with Arafat, but that is another story.