American girls

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Varda, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i vote to bring back eugenics.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I saw lots of nice girls in the US when I lived there. The anti-climax always came when they would open their mouth.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I think you are contridicting yourself too. Marriage is for life, you keep saying. But yet before you went down the isle your husband insisted that you sit down and draw up a pre nup. I read the thread you made about it. It didn't sound like you were on board! but it was the only way you were walking down the isle. You are making it sound now like it was a Mutal proposal. So if he hadn't brought it up, you would have? I doubt that VERY much.
    It sounds like it was him that was more interested in covering his ass then you were. Yet you are somehow implying that American girls are somehow so much worse then you Brazilian girls.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am 37 and have never met 1 couple that has a pre nup. So it isn't common practice. Shit unless you are Donald Trump or something! Like you said you and your husband don't even own any property. Why was he so worried then?

When you are writing up these papers you are are sitting around planning what is going to happen when you get divorced.
    So like you said MARRIAGE is FOREVER.......You really can't believe that then.

You compared it to insurance, crashing a car. Yeah we get it because there is a good chance we are going to need it someday. As for this pre nup I guess that means your husband thought there is a good chance he will need it someday. I mean after all why go through the hassle of paying lawyers alot of money to write up documents, unless you feel like it will be worth it someday. You say it has nothing to do with trust. I have to disagree with you there. Personally from what I read about your Pre nup dilema (thread)and your marriage, and your Why won't they let you in the country (or whatever that was) I think your husband saw the potential mess of this all and thats why he wanted a pre nup.

Hey to each his own.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

there are no NICE girls in US...excepts some russian and asian girls...and maybe some girls from Europe as well, and Australian ones.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

what about foreign girls visiting the US?

9. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

I dont need prenup but if one day I would marry a guy with different nationality, I
    would consider one. I'd like to be clear, if things go wrong, how we can guarantee
    the future of our children, with whom they can go until they can decide themselves,
    etc.

Everyone gets married, nobody expecting divorce, but it could happen anyway, and
    sometimes those ppl that got divorce get a hard time in court.

Britney Spears should have made prenup! I feel pity for her that she should struggle
    to keep her own children.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Whatever Draqon, I am so far from the norm of the "typical" American Woman.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  11. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

When you get divorced, pre nup or NOT......

The kids are joint custody anyway, unless somebody is going to take
    the other to court. Which means they better have a pretty damn good reason that the other shouldn't have custody anymore.

So lets say you do up this Pre nup, and arrange for the kids to be joint custody. Then your husband is a complete prick, a bad father, then what? you go back to court to file for sole custody anyway?

12. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Well, for me prenup should be in such a way that the children's future will be
    the priority. For example, children should go with he/she who has better
    financial status for their betterment. :shrug:

Anyway, if I have to make a prenup, I will subtly "insist" my husband that if
    things go wrong, children will go with my parent, live in my country. When he
    is in love, I am sure he can sign anything

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Financial status....... You could be a rich asshole who doesn't give a shit
    about your kids. Just because one parent has more money than the other one doesn't make for a better parent.

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

I wonder if Pre Nups worked for Sparta LMAO!!

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Lmao........

16. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

no i dare say when they wanted a divorce they used to kill they're wifes, or was divorce heard of?

17. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

This is just an example, Shorty. I am pretty sure that I won't marry a bad
    guy, but I won't also claim that I am a better person than my man or that
    we won't change. What I am saying is, when things go wrong, I want that my
    children will be ok! If I marry a guy with same nationality, things won't be as
    complicated as if I will marry one with different nationality. At this moment,
    I live abroad. So if I am Varda, I will consider one prenup though the
    reasoning might be different. Its about "risk management".

18. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Shorty,
    By your logic/perception towards pre-nups, then you should just leave the seat belt where it is when you get in your car. Do you fasten your seat belts in hopes that you will get in to a violent car crash? I would hope not. But you fasten them anyway, right?
    A pre nup isn't a way of saying, 'hey, she might rip me off one day". It's more of a 'I have a safety net in case some crazy shit happens'. And everyone on this board knows shit can happen. People can change, and often do.
    Pre nups aren't just for rich people. Even though I make a decent living, I'm by no means rich. I'd be much worse off if I went through a financially crippling divorce giving away my house, car, and half my other shit, than Johnny Millionaire who could afford to part with a few millions of his fortune.
    Prenups can cover BOTH people in a marriage, not just the wealthier one.
    If I get married, I'm getting one. I'm not getting one because I'm stingy per se, I'm getting one to make sure we both stay honest and so neither of us resort to sheisty tactics if something like a divorce does happen.

I thought about that too, Shorty. It could go the other way with a worthless mom too.
    For that, you could include a clause of which if solid, irrefutable proof could be supplied to show that that parent didn't deserve custody, then they wouldn't be awarded joint custody.
    Besides, I've seen several women try to accuse the father of their children of being a bad father (when he isn't) just because she was mad at him for whatever reason.

Inzomnia,
    Britney did have a prenup, but I think it covered finances only. I think K-Fed was entitled to a million or two of her 50+ million fortune. Too bad she neglected to include a child clause.

-

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Sorry I don't look at getting married as "risk management" Why even fuking bother getting married then. Why do you need the paper in the first place anyway, if you are already assuming things will go wrong.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And it is only fair to lose half your stuff when you divorce since you were one, and now you are two.

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

there is a risk in everything you do, walking the street, having KIDS, and also getting married, but look at the wedding vows (if you had the ole fashioned ones) what is yours is now mine, and what is mine is now yours, why shouldnt the people gain from divorce, it sounds to me that prenups are for people just trying to get a green card! or somthing similar

22. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

So you have this document over someones head, so they will stay honest?

I still ask this question. If you are that cautious that you are going to get screwed over someday. You are going
    to set up this relationship from the start with lawyers planning out your divorce. Why bother getting married in the first place.

23. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Well I am seeing marriage as another aspect of life which is not free of risk,
    and therefore need a risk management. Means, to have a secure feeling in
    the marriage life, I would prepare for the worst things that could happen.
    After I know the worst thing could happen, I would want to have some
    anticipation measures. Of course it doest not remove the risk, but it should
    somehow minimize the risk. I even consider to make very thick book of
    agreement which will suit both of us (me & my future guy). Like the European
    regulations where they have 5000 klausul just to define common agreement
    on orange juice

j/k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.