America has had it!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Athelwulf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

All neighborhood roads with toll booths etc. - good idea as that is a local job that can not be exported.

Also if we do away with the FDA, we can employ a lot of door-to-door snake-oil salesmen - I hear modern snake oil cures cancer while it improves your sex life, but that is only the type with gold flakes, which normally costs $25/oz but as your a friend, I can let you have some for only $6.95 per oz.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yes, Ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. radicand Registered Senior Member

So, it would seem genius.

But, I wonder genius, given my ignorance, could you tell me how did we ever get along before there was an FDA?

Clearly, since we are too stupid to know what is good for us and what is not we must have died out, because we did not have some authority figures to tell us what to eat, etc!!

It is amazing that humanity lasted as long as did before the FDA, or any other big government program!!!!

Seriously, get over yourself and your delusional beliefs on the benefits of big government.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Billy is not much different to anyone else ...they're selective in how they want the government to act. But, see, that's exactly the same as everyone else, just in different degrees and amounts. You do the same, you're just not so willing to admit it, that's all.

The problem with big government is NOT big government, it's the varying interests and needs of the various citizens. We could do with lots less government intervention if the people were willing to do it ....but they ain't! The people complain about over-governing just about as much as they complain about the government not doing enough for them. And everyone is selective in their wants and needs.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What would you propose Baron?

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Diplomacy! ....LOL!! ROFLOL!

Baron Max

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In governance?

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

In everything, Sam. From government actions to interpersonal relationships to sex to raising children to ...well, everything and anything that you can think of. ...even what to have for breakfast!

Baron Max

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nah, you'd become an awful bore to live with, like those guys who stick out their pinky while having tea.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That's true ....but what the hell does it have to do with diplomacy and the government?

Baron Max

13. radicand Registered Senior Member

I cannot disagree with you philosophically. But I am not making a philosophical argument, I am making historically political point.

And yes, the problem is big government. The only thing I want the government to do for me is protect my individual rights. That's it. Defense does that.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What about providing water and sewer services? Street cleaning and maintenance? Parks and recreation services? Education for children? ...and, oh, so many things that you take so much for granted?

Baron Max

15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Kissinger: We must open trade negoations with China over the issue of breakfast cerael.

Nixon: But only hot!

Kissinger: First we get the cereal - than we broker its temperature.

16. radicand Registered Senior Member

Private sector can handle water and sewer services, street cleaning and maintenance, parks and recreation services.

Education, I admit that is one that I am still deciding. If through government, then leave unions out of it.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

Absolutely. If I fucked up or it is called to my attention that I am fucking up I stop the mistake/pull out. Something called intelligence. A donkey can't do that, nor can failed rightwing strategies.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ahh, yeah, sure, of course! Ya' mean private companies like, say, Halliburton and Exxon and ConEdison and AT&T and big companies like that. Okay, good.

Why not let Halliburton or Exxon or AT&T take care of that, too?

Baron Max

19. infoterror Registered Senior Member

Not supporting a war doesn't make you a generalized realist.