America has had it!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Athelwulf, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Not a moment too soon either!

I have a copy of the local newspaper. The front-page news is about a peace protest that was held in front of the local courthouse yesterday. Here are some pictures:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Athelwulf/Protest1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Athelwulf/Protest2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Athelwulf/Protest3.jpg

This group is the Klamath Basin Peace Forum. I'm affiliated with this group. For a while I was hoping our voice would finally truly be heeded one day. I think this was our day.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

They were protesting in light of the news that Bush would send even more troops to Iraq. The protesters were met with a lot of approval, too. This being a small hick town, that is saying something!

Alongside this news is the news that three out of four respondents to the newspaper's online survey don't support Bush's new plan:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Athelwulf/Protest4.jpg

All of this has fucking made my day. You connies can say whatever you want: You can whine and spout your conspiracy theory that the liberals control the media; you can pout and call us names like "terrorist sympathizers"; you can say we're destroying America. But the harsh fact is that support for the war is dwindling! Welcome to the reality-based community — population: growing fast!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

[Baron]The stinkin' liberals won't let us git 'er done! Just like Vietnam![/Baron]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are having peace vigils in my neighborhood too, every sunday about 50 people show up.

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Unfortunately, I was out of the loop and didn't know about the protest until today. I wasn't keeping track of my email (like usual). Needless to say, I was bummed. But the paper says more protests are planned, so I hope I catch the next one.

9. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Hah! All the people in those pictures look like bums.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

No no. Everyone looks like that up there.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Ya, a whole 7 people, the hippies from the 60tys did better that that.

12. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Really? They look like a bunch of people wearing coats because it's fucking cold (like below 0°C) to me.

Can I correctly assume that you still think the Iraq War is a good idea? That you also think sending more troops there is a good idea? Can I also interpret your comment as a futile and immature attempt to make these people, and by extension all people who disagree with the war, seem stupid?

I'm actually asking. You and I haven't talked politics in forever, and I barely know what's going on on your end anymore. For all I know, you could just be making a light-hearted joke in good faith.

Buffalo, I don't need to ask you these questions. I know you're trying to make all peace activists seem stupid. And you're doing a very poor job of it, as if you knew for a fact that each participant was in the picture. Futile.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

This actually has a grain of truth in it. Yes, most of us in this conservative hick town — and perhaps in the whole Pacific Northwest as well — look like bums.

14. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Peace protestors are appeaser cowards.

15. Free_Matt_417 The CIA took my baby away Registered Senior Member

peace, good idea, never works...

dont get me wrong, i love the stuff...but we are a waring species...so i dont see it stopping anytime soon...

and getting outta iraq will just leave it open for other dictatorships...i think they need a stronger army to defend themselves before america and the coalatition pull out...

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They look like well dressed middle aged people on a chilly day. Average. Their response is also typically average. None of their signs says anything about the recent Bush plan.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

Right, Big Brother. We are all to line up blindfolded behind our great prophet Bush and cheer and support, unflinchingly, every single step he takes. THAT is the definition of a coward. A pathetic sheep with no capability of independent thought. Much like the evil Islamic fundies.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

A clever argument. Making cowardice seem to be bravery and steadfastness cowardice. But that doesn't make it so. Running from a fight is cowardice. You can justify it and dress it up as the greatest form of bravery, but a spades a spade.

19. Genji Registered Senior Member

If Iraq had invaded the US there would be no reason to question our mistaken war on Iraq. This isn't the case. We made a grave error and have gotten nowhere. WW2 started and ended by now and we still have no control over the situation. Pulling out right now shows strength. Staying the course shows a frighteningly poor understanding of the world and how America fits into it. Spend another trillion? Sacrifice how many more troops? How many more Iraqis will we kill? We surely have exceeded the amount Saddam murdered. The US military is to defend the USA and it's interests. We have no interests in a civil war. Troops are needed on our borders. A failed strategy is a failed strategy is a failed strategy. Dressing it up as some great act of patriotism smacks of Soviet propaganda techniques. The Romans were arrogant and spread too thin as well, just before their empire sank into the dungeons of history.
    What do you expect to happen after expanding the war? Obedience? Support from Iraqi's? A cake? We will get coffins and a record national debt that will leech generations of Americans, even as we face new and REAL threats in the future.

20. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Haha! Am I psychic or what?

You connies can say whatever you want: You can whine and spout your conspiracy theory that the liberals control the media; you can pout and call us names like "terrorist sympathizers"; you can say we're destroying America. But the harsh fact is that support for the war is dwindling!

I called it!

Funny how you say "peace" like it's a bad thing. What's that about?

It's odd to see people calling liberals cowards, and then turning around and saying they want Big Government to check under their bed and in their closet for them, just to make sure no bad terrorists are hiding there.

Prince_James, same to you.

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

So, what can you tell us of the reality on which your community is based?

Exactly how does it differ from the reality of other communities of which you are not a subscribing member?

Which community's reality is actually the reality for all other communties, too?

22. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

That doesn't work for sex.

Why would you imagine it would work even better for political warfare?

Ah. It's no longer about gratification. It's about irritation.

Do you subscribe to the notion that stamina is person-specific?

23. Beryl WWAD What Would Athelwulf Do? Registered Senior Member

Protesting a fight when it would be easier to agree with it is bravery.

Just a warning here... people who live life by your philosophy have a tendency to end up in jail, unless they end up dead first. The fact that there's a fight going on doesn't mean you have to be a part of it. The fact that there's another country that refuses to do things the way the American government wants them to doesn't mean that they're trying to start a fight with us. I wish that I could say "A clever argument. Making the support of unprovoked violence seem to be bravery." But I can't, because it isn't even clever.