Am I severly outdated?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Cactus Jack, May 1, 2002.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Am I severly outdated?

I'm sure some people will get all angry at you and post some insults and such here for that. But for me, I must simply say I disagree with you.

People suck. I hate people.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

What I said is a true statement since hormones always dictate intelligent and logical thinkings. You can't get mad at me for telling the truth.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Am I severly outdated?

Man I wish women around here were into that - I'm funny and Intelligent. However you're right, and sadly - I'm not tall, I am dark, and I am not handsome. As my title says: God's Disapointment. That's me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh well.........

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Telling the truth??? Dude, dont brand "most" of us women as being dumb cuz you cant get a date! Maybe it's "you" that is doing something wrong not us. Look inside yourself you'd be suprised at what you find.

8. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I have dated enough of your kind. I am speaking from experience. I am not saying women in general have low IQ but when a man meets a woman, you can throw logic out of the window.

Listen kiddo. Love is about emotions not logic. That is why women make dumb choices all the time. Women usually make all the choices, not guys. Guys do all the flirting and women choose. At least that is how it is in the college I went to.

Female hormones do impede women's ability to reason greatly. That is one of the reason why women have lower SAT scores than men do. That is also why many many women make stupid choices. Instead of going out with a great guy with great personality and steady income, many choose to go out with a bad boy who can't even hold a job and treat them like trash.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

You're right Adam. He's a stupid-head, isn't he? Stupid-head, stupid-head, Joeman is a stupid-head!

Stop saying things like that now! I have that obligitory response.

Joeman:

Interesting. Which hormone would you blame, estrogen? Pergesterone? What evidence would you cite to back up that assertion?

Arguments from anecdote carry little weight among a crowd of decidedly scientific inclination, however, it is an interesting assertion there. What research supports this contention? And how would you respond to critics who would claim that such a gap is due to gender bias?

Seems your gap isn't much of anything. Source: (Which I admit is biased....) http://www.vix.com/men/school/gap.html

Love sucks, don't it? Sorry to hear. And welcome to sciforums - I don't think I've seen you around.

*stRgrL*: Very well put, however, he does deserve a bit of sympathy....

10. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Hahahahah. I was just playing Xev. I am not dumb enough to know I won't be hammered with comments like that. Although I waited long enough

The link you provided is interesting. I always heard people say men score high in SAT because there are fewer test takers. That by itself just doesn't make sense since the mean and standard deviation of guassian distribution doesn't change with the number of samples unless if you under sample. There are other pieces of information missing such as fewer test taker would result higher score because only good students take the test. That is believable.

BTW, I still think most women are dumb. I hope I can start making more friends here with comments like that.

oh yeah Jack, you can expect your luck to change as you get older. There are tons of single women out there over age of 35.

11. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Joe

So - Im stupid because I got an innie not an outtie? Wow!!! Thats perfect philosophy.
    No matter how bad a man has treated me, I have never viewed ALL men as dumb. And men can pretty damn dumb. I mean really - why are we so dumb to you? Because the chicks at your school like "badboys"? Whatever! I have never chose a "badboy" over an intellegent man that would of treated me good. And dont tell me that you have dated too many of "my kind". You dont know what "my kind" is - so please stop branding people before you even know them. I am an intelligent, hardworking, independant WOMAN who dont take shit from noone. So please - go get laid - by another "dumb" girl who you just cant live without.

Oh and Welcome to Sciforums!!!!!!

Groove on

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

So you were posting as flame bait?

*Yawns*

I don't give a rat's ass, although it was an interesting theory. But I guess you are too stupid to back your theories up.

Back them up and see what happens. Otherwise, can we say 'troll'?

13. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Re: Joe

Man you are way too nice to me. You really make me feel bad

Unlike you I am dumb lazy and dependent. I don't really know why chicks dig me.

14. Tyler Registered Senior Member

I'm arrogant, pompus, condescending and useless....same deal with me! But then......I always assumed women loved me for my god-like good looks and brilliant wit......(ahhhh, sweet dreaming).....

hehe

women do use some logic. the problem is, too many of them at my age have the logic that they should worry about the social standards.

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

Indeed, it proceeds from first principles that Joe is posting flame bait.....

16. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

No I am not the green monster living under a bridge. Don't you want people like me here? I mean the kind of easy opponent you want to face so that you will never have a losing streak? Why do you care so much about some freak making a harmless retarded statement over the internet? I wasn't trying to pick fight either. I was helping Jack. It is for him to decide if I am actually helping him or not. Although I am barely passed my drinking age so my life experience is limited. Maybe you should stop taking things so seriously, Xev.

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

I don't. I'm bored and slightly drunk and I thought your theory was interesting, otherwise I would've ignored it.

Sorry for any offense. Was not my intention.

18. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Human uses 7% of the brain. If I prefer zero, what is wrong with that?

Sometimes I just want to sit back and have a laugh. If I was offending somebody, this person needs thicker skin.

I will remember to run away next time you turn into a cluster lizard.

Last edited: May 11, 2002
  19. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Not true. Go look at some CT scans.

20. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

I heard different numbers being thrown around. Nobody knows how brain actually works. Until we do, the number might change. But that is not my point. My point is I prefer to use zero. Right now I am having a lot of intoxicant in my brain. I don't want to stress it out too much.

21. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

well, i thinks its pretty geneeral to speak for all 'girls' but i would say more so people genreally like that personality. I think just common decencey is appreciated a lot mroe these days, coz it is so rare/

22. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Dr. Evil

I have to agree with alot of what you said. Women like confidance in a guy. And no we dont like a guy that will do EVERYTHING for them. I dated a guy who wanted to be with me every second and I didnt enjoy it. But I dont like being treated bad either. I guess with guys who dont show interest - its more of a challenge for the girl - and we love challenges

But if a guy shows no interest in me whatsover, I will not show any either.
    Everyone is different. Everyone wants to find the "right person". Problem is alot of times a person doesnt really know what they want. Im still trying to figure it out!

23. ndrs The Anti-Cthulhu Registered Senior Member

I also agree with what you say DrEvil. Although I don't see how you could keep a relationship with a girl like this. Play cool all this time you would spend with her? I am sure anybody would grow tired.
    I would believe that the VERY least in a relationship you have to feel easy and free. Otherwise you would get tired.
    Personally, I go out quite a lot -- I'm having a forced vacation from studying (visa restrictions), so otherwise I wouldn't get to meet people of my age. I never could imagine a relationship with people that you meet a bar or club (at least not start the relationship in a bar or a club). Buying a drink certainly suggests that. But it all depends what kind of relationship you want I guess.